YesNoOk

Fighter Factory 3.0.1 (Read 1562731 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, December 16, 2011, 11:37:46 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory 3.0.1 Final
#1161  December 25, 2017, 03:37:54 am
And bringing back the ability to preview rotations and scaling would be great. So I don't have to switch between 2 versions of FF.

It's the skin you use that lets you have the rotation/scale previews.
In any case, certain features shouldn't be removed because of a different skin/different version. If possible there could be a Preferences menu to decide which feature and which not to use/show.
Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 02:15:21 am by AlexSin
#1162  December 25, 2017, 03:41:54 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Ah! Your post reminds me. Once you get past certain groups in the sff (somewhere past 35000) it can no longer display those sprites in the visual air editor.
#1163  December 25, 2017, 05:29:03 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Ah right. I believe that is due to using a signed short as opposed to an unsigned short for the indices.
#1164  December 25, 2017, 09:38:40 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Messing in FF right now reminded me of something else that'd be nice. The ability to duplicate the x and/or y axis across all frames of an sff/air group
#1165  December 30, 2017, 03:09:23 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Please make it so FF3 checks that the formatting of a WAV is actually compatible with MUGEN when adding it, and if there is a problem with the file, alert what it is.  If possible, maybe even a prompt asking to convert the bit depth which, if memory serves me right, is the common issue.
When I was developing my character, there were a number times that I added sound FX I found on the web, ripped from classic games.  These WAVs all previewed fine in FF3 and any other media player,  but some sounds would not play in MUGEN.  I was very confused at first but learned to open these problem files in WAV editing software and save using different settings.
I will add the resample function back so you can fix these issues.

Please show the length of sound FX in ticks (with comment "@60 ticks per second"), not just in seconds
OK.

It would be so awesome if sprite groups in the Organizer window could be expanded/collapsed, and then can also be drag/drop reorganized instead of having to Shift/Ctrl-click all the sprites to bulk move them
Expanding / collapsing is almost impossible as we can't guarantee that all sprites in the same group are always grouped together.
About moving, it's a the way Qt works. I will see if I can do something to improve it.

The cursor's X/Y position displayed in the bottom is very useful, but it would be even better if it worked for Zoom other than 100%.  I don't know if the values it shows are useful for 1.1 coding or something but as a 1.0 coder it would be nice to have correct values when zoomed in
OK.

Did you look back at some things I'd suggested? The only ones I can remember off hand is the ability to set clsn across multiple ranges of groups and/or indexes. And when you start a new animation it'd be awesome if you could type a range of group/index files for the air to generate. Instead of having to individually add each Sprite one by one or type them up in the editor.
I'm looking older posts ;). You can use the thumbnails panel to add multiple frames, no need to add one by one.

Also the current version tends to not save my sff or snd updates sometimes. I have to remember to hit save as for those formats and over ride.
Fixed. Save, Save as and backup were highly improved.

And bringing back the ability to preview rotations and scaling would be great. So I don't have to switch between 2 versions of FF.

It's the skin you use that lets you have the rotation/scale previews.
In any case, certain features shouldn't be removed because of a different skin/different version. If possible there could be a Preferences menu to decide which feature and which not to use/show.
Already present on all presets. In the older ones (Classic and Ultimate) it's on the thumbnails panel on the right.

Ah! Your post reminds me. Once you get past certain groups in the sff (somewhere past 35000) it can no longer display those sprites in the visual air editor.
Fixed. The limit now is the Mugen specification. :D

Messing in FF right now reminded me of something else that'd be nice. The ability to duplicate the x and/or y axis across all frames of an sff/air group
OK.

Fixed many bugs, sff is working great on all possible versions (conversion between them is supported with just one click without issues). Some small new features are implemented while some FF3 ones will not be present in the first release (nothing essential anyway).
I'm doing my best to release it as soon as possible. Looks the same, but behind the scenes new powers will emerge :D

Thanks!
#1166  December 30, 2017, 03:57:29 am
  • King of Sona
something i always wanted to know..
is it possible to be able to set "canvas size" to a color (like the transparent one) to specific x,y value so it would be able to export a whole sprite group with axis intact?
or at least is there another simpler way to export and import batch sprites without having to set x,y values for every sprite that has already been cropped?
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Lord Canti Says:
i was playing FFVII and I accidently named Red XIII Cyanide D:
#1167  December 30, 2017, 04:45:58 am
  • R.I.P Mugen 1999-202X
    • USA
    • mugen.wikia.com/User:Jenngra505
Hopefully someday I'll be able to make the little puffball on my profile pic.
(Sprite edited from Scrollboss' sprite)
#1168  December 30, 2017, 05:12:09 am
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
something i always wanted to know..
is it possible to be able to set "canvas size" to a color (like the transparent one) to specific x,y value so it would be able to export a whole sprite group with axis intact?
or at least is there another simpler way to export and import batch sprites without having to set x,y values for every sprite that has already been cropped?
When you export a bunch of sprites "aligned", all of the sprites get padded so they have the same pixel dimensions... and FF3 gives you the X/Y coordinates to import all those sprites back into the same axis position.  This is regardless of whether the sprites were originally cropped or not.

#1169  December 30, 2017, 05:30:54 am
  • King of Sona
oww gosh darn i see the option "save as (aligned) " just now  .. all that time wasted.. -_-
thanks dealer!

Lord Canti Says:
#1170  December 30, 2017, 05:30:58 am
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
It would be so awesome if sprite groups in the Organizer window could be expanded/collapsed, and then can also be drag/drop reorganized instead of having to Shift/Ctrl-click all the sprites to bulk move them
Expanding / collapsing is almost impossible as we can't guarantee that all sprites in the same group are always grouped together.
About moving, it's a the way Qt works. I will see if I can do something to improve it
If there can be any way to group them, that would be fantastic.
The "sort from lowest to highest" button is nifty of course, but it's not how I want my sprites sorted :)  And once there's a few hundred sprites in yhe list, it gets very difficult to maintain.

Thank you for hearing my suggestions!

#1171  December 30, 2017, 06:50:38 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Holy crap, I never messed with those air window options. CRAAAAPPPP so much time I could have saved! Thank you!
#1172  December 30, 2017, 08:08:54 am
    • France
Hello, I'm back.
Hope in the next weeks I can release the new version of FF I'm working in the last six months. I rewrote most of the code and it's far better now.
Thanks for the support, see you soon!

YESSSS !!! I'm sooooo happy !!! :yuno:
I'm already hype about all the features you've mentionned even if I don't understand what most of them are about.

After long months of use, the only issue i could report is that sometimes, when launching the Mugen engine from FF, for a reason I can't tell, the program thinks there's already a Mugen window running. I get that message  "ooooops ! it seems there's already a mugen blablabla".
The only way around I found is to shutdown the program, delete 2 FF files : history.xml  and config.xml .
Then restart FF, and load a previously saved config file. Then I can continue.

Maybe some of the features you're working on already adress that issue.
- samurais, swords & stuff ? → Another Blade
#1173  December 30, 2017, 02:10:53 pm
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
this will to be a new version, FF4? ... or a variation of FF3, like 3.0."something"?... just curious XD
#1174  December 30, 2017, 04:43:06 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
After long months of use, the only issue i could report is that sometimes, when launching the Mugen engine from FF, for a reason I can't tell, the program thinks there's already a Mugen window running. I get that message  "ooooops ! it seems there's already a mugen blablabla".
The only way around I found is to shutdown the program, delete 2 FF files : history.xml  and config.xml .
Seconded.  I run into this issue constantly.

#1175  December 30, 2017, 07:14:26 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
You could work around the lack of display by using the negative numbers in the .air but Fighter Factory's .air display never thinks of that.
No, Mugen uses unsigned values for sprite group and number.

Yes, the first bug I remember to get fixed, so annoying ;).

this will to be a new version, FF4? ... or a variation of FF3, like 3.0."something"?... just curious XD
Will be Fighter Factory ???, version 3.5.0 (it's a big improvement over FF3, but interface is almost the same and no new big features yet). ??? is some name you will know later :D

Some clue about the current progress:
- Interface: 70%
- Project management: 100%
- Definitions: 100%
- Sprites: 100%
- Palettes: 99%
- Animations: 100%
- Sounds (0% - it's an easy port from FF3, so don't worry)
- States/syntax: 70%
- Tools/Scripting: 0% (easy)

I'm trying to finish complex things first, so I can make the missing ones on a solid base later.

Thanks!
#1176  December 30, 2017, 08:11:19 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Hey I use FF for color separations and some improvements in the sprites editor would be great, like more keyboard shortcuts, better handling of the cursor, and magic wand if possible

#1177  December 31, 2017, 01:11:07 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Magic Wand should be pretty simple to implement. Just select all colors in the palette of that index. The only trouble comes with contiguous selection.
#1178  December 31, 2017, 01:36:18 am
  • King of Sona
regarding color sep, in the image editor can ctrl+shift+arrow keys not be set to pg up/down keys?
and this has been asked before i think, but more than 5 remap pen steps would be gdlk

Lord Canti Says:
#1179  December 31, 2017, 02:29:53 am
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
I am already testing this new version (to be an old friend has it's advantages, lol) and it's pretty cool!
The air editor has a new thing which is pretty cool.
#1180  December 31, 2017, 02:47:14 am
    • https://sites.google.com/site/mgmurrow/
Hey O, quick question, when making CLNS is there a way to wrap the red and blue CLNS? like when you make a red hitbox is there a button to make the exact same box a hurtbox also? i was told the feature was already implemented  but have never figured out how to do it if it is implemented in the old FF.

MGMURROW