YesNoOk

KoF XV (Read 832606 times)

Started by Magma MK-II, December 06, 2018, 01:30:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: KoF XV
#1101  May 21, 2021, 12:33:30 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Well MS rules out, I dont know what other game (bar pachinko) will potentially make here. There are chances SNK sold some IPs that would make wishlist. I checked the wikia for SNK and I saw Koudelka there, maybe if protagonist is referenced there some point. Though having someone like that in game might be experience shattering and gets the IP interest renewed.
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#1102  May 21, 2021, 03:33:29 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
I'd actually like to see them reference some of their more forgotten/underrated titles, like Magician Lord or Top Hunter.
#1103  May 21, 2021, 09:08:06 pm
  • SNK is life
#1104  May 21, 2021, 09:10:28 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Metal Slug just got fully and officially integrated into a mainline KOF
I know nobody wants my opinion on this, but I hate absolutely everything about this

You're right. We don't want this. Shut the fuck up

Jk, in reality I think it's neat but I'm indifferent? I mean I don't think the world and story of Metal Slug fit into mainline KOF -- assuming a character does show up I'd prefer it to be some Other World type shit and not like... "oh they've been here the whole time". But I can see, for a variety of reasons, why people would be against this.
#1105  May 22, 2021, 10:49:10 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
KOF itself is already a crossover between various SNK franchises. If someone told you back then that characters from Fatal Fury, AOF, Ikari Warriors and Psycho Soldiers would be in the same game together you would find it ridiculous too.
#1106  May 24, 2021, 09:57:00 am
SNK Directors discuss hopes for King of Fighters 15 like wanting the story to be more cool and fun than the last: https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2021/may/22/kof-cool-story/
With the Orochi Team back from the past, it might be interesting to see how the story goes especially with Orochi, Nests and maybe Ash sagas in the mix with the current Shun' Ei saga

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#1107  May 24, 2021, 10:17:39 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
Hopefully it's more worthwhile than the previous Ash saga...
That arc was a tragedy.
#1108  May 24, 2021, 12:48:48 pm
Hopefully it's more worthwhile than the previous Ash saga...
That arc was a tragedy.

I agree. I did enjoy the Ash saga and in XIII was a good one with Saiki and Ash's sacrifice by saving the world. But now that Ash has been resurrection in XIV, by the power of writing story and money.
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#1109  May 24, 2021, 04:35:30 pm
  • SNK is life
I do believe that they needed a Deus Ex Machina to be able to bring back past fan favorite characters, because those sell games.

Shun'ei, Meitenkun, Alice, Xanadu, Gang Il ... many of these characters were real duds.
#1110  May 24, 2021, 05:57:41 pm
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190
#1111  May 24, 2021, 06:05:27 pm
  • Give me Tea, or Cake!
I do believe that they needed a Deus Ex Machina to be able to bring back past fan favorite characters, because those sell games.

Shun'ei, Meitenkun, Alice, Xanadu, Gang Il ... many of these characters were real duds.

Alice could have been a funky new addition, but she's like a parody of the Fatal trio, and not even in a good way. I like Gang Il, but for being Kim's teacher... he could have had more/better/different moves?
The others you mentioned... yeah, not bothered about them personally.
#1112  May 24, 2021, 07:37:15 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Cool! That Metal Slug stage is a good addition.

I'd be quite suprised if some of these characters like Alice and Xanadu are back in XV.
This is fate.
Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 07:53:50 pm by Evergarden
#1113  May 24, 2021, 07:47:56 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Yeah, pachinko waifu Alice isn't going anywhere.

As for Gang Il, I completely forgot what his playstyle is suppose to be.  If he doesn't return, then Luong also won't return unless Jhun Hoon somehow enters as part of Team Kim and she can make up some excuse to come back. 

Xanadu, well, can't blame them for trying something different.
#1114  May 24, 2021, 08:30:35 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I'd be quite suprised if some of these characters like Alice and Xanadu are back in XV.

I think if there's anything that these trailers are showing it's that as much of the work they did in XIV as possible  is getting reused
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1115  May 24, 2021, 10:52:24 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Which makes sense. Making new assets would take them way more time, time better spent on other things like gameplay and polishing.

Seems people still don't get Xanadu, eh? Still, he is definitely coming back considering his role in the story.
#1116  May 25, 2021, 12:32:11 am
  • SNK is life
Seems people still don't get Xanadu, eh? Still, he is definitely coming back considering his role in the story.
His role ... in the story?

I literally just checked the Introduction, Ending and Interactions with other character, and other than his "Gone on a psycho trip" schtick he doesn't seem very relevant anyhow, other than an excuse to make 2 Kim Teams because "he stole Kim's disciples". If anything he's an excuse for Gang Il and Luong to exist.

#1117  May 25, 2021, 12:39:29 am
And for Kim to not team up with the two clowns. Because that team since day 1 of KoF is just.... what.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1118  May 25, 2021, 12:45:56 am
  • SNK is life
https://snk.fandom.com/wiki/Xanadu/Quotes

It's hinted that he might understand there's something going on with Verse. It still doesn't tell me he's crucial to the plot, and they had to make him EXTRA to lead the other 2 well established villains.
#1119  May 25, 2021, 02:16:40 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen

Hell, nawww
If Xanadu comes back, Imma reconsider buying the game.
He's absolutely weak gameplay wise, has one of the wackiest designs (not in a good way) and doesn't do too much regarding story wise except allow Chang and Choi to be part of the roster.

Luong's pretty decent, but I doubt she'll be back unless Gang-Il is back (since they're lovers).

Gang-Il is okay-ish since he brought back Dong Hwang & Jae Hoon's movesets (Kim's sons from MOTW) into KOF, but I'll rather see Jhun or even May Lee back instead of him as part of Kim's team. Personally as a Korean, I prefer Tekken's Baek's "TKD mentor" design over Gang-Il's simply because Baek at least looks like a TKD practitioner.

Of course, there's also a possibility of new characters too... But I doubt SNK will ever add younglings into Kim's team since apparently TKD characters can only be middle age and up in KOF.
#1120  May 25, 2021, 02:47:11 am
  • Did I hear something about a scooby snack?
    • USA
    • squidlypoli1.neocities.org

Hell, nawww
If Xanadu comes back, Imma reconsider buying the game.
He's absolutely weak gameplay wise, has one of the wackiest designs (not in a good way) and doesn't do too much regarding story wise except allow Chang and Choi to be part of the roster.

Luong's pretty decent, but I doubt she'll be back unless Gang-Il is back (since they're lovers).

Gang-Il is okay-ish since he brought back Dong Hwang & Jae Hoon's movesets (Kim's sons from MOTW) into KOF, but I'll rather see Jhun or even May Lee back instead of him as part of Kim's team. Personally as a Korean, I prefer Tekken's Baek's "TKD mentor" design over Gang-Il's simply because Baek at least looks like a TKD practitioner.

Of course, there's also a possibility of new characters too... But I doubt SNK will ever add younglings into Kim's team since apparently TKD characters can only be middle age and up in KOF.

I'm willing to side with Magma on Xanadu being important, because I think his whole trait of rambling may lead to some unmentioned secrets on Verse. He's definitely not great, but it makes enough sense to me.

I really don't think scrapping Gang-il and Luong for Jhun and May Lee would be a good idea. I don't mind Jhun coming back, but I do think that they really wouldn't like to recall May Lee, especially since she was created by Eolith to be a "Korean Athena" with a bunch of tokusatsu references. Having them form a team with Kim would just be nonsensical and pander-ey... at least to me.