YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 17342023 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle/One Minute Melee
#201  July 19, 2015, 06:26:05 am
  • The Goddess Returns
At this point, it's more interesting to discuss possible matches personally.

Spoiler: And waste time making these posters (click to see content)

Pretty much.

Urgh and this is why I only have such debates about who would win agaisnt who with Nasuverse characters. This battle was even more biaised than the previous one.

And definitely pretty much.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#202  July 19, 2015, 06:36:37 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Now I'm trying to find what series they've yet to cover but should, and I can't quite figure the right rival for Jean-Luc Picard and the Enterprise.  I'd be somewhat curious to see their take on Star Trek, given the many scientific reviews the series as a whole has garnered over the years.  And there's enough Star Wars as is.

Spoiler: Also surprised this isn't highly considered (click to see content)
#203  July 19, 2015, 04:22:52 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Now that Knuckles is announced... it has me thinking. We had Mario vs. Sonic, and then Luigi vs. Tails... why not Knuckles vs. Wario. Strength vs. strength.
#204  July 19, 2015, 04:31:59 pm
Oh look, another "limitless" argument.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#205  July 19, 2015, 04:41:11 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
At least the fight looked kinda cool I guess.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#206  July 19, 2015, 05:35:58 pm
well that was a good deathbattle. superman is overpowered and boring and that super flare thing is not needed and unpractical to use if he can fucking one shot a planet with his fist why use an attack that would leave you vulnerable after? he's physical strength alone can end the galaxy it could've been acceptable if he ain't ridiculously powerful already.
#207  July 19, 2015, 05:46:53 pm
    • USA
But planet-busting punches aren't anything new to DBZ?  Pretty sure Majin Vegeta and SSJ2 Goku were throwing those like it was going out of style.

I still side with the debunk.  Superman's a battery, and not always at full charge.  He doesn't do all these feats on the turn of a dime.
#208  July 19, 2015, 05:57:12 pm
But planet-busting punches aren't anything new to DBZ?  Pretty sure Majin Vegeta and SSJ2 Goku were throwing those like it was going out of style.
Yes, and Freeza survived the explosion of a planet at point blank after being cut in half and having parts of his body vaporized. And still, SSJ Trunks cut him to pieces and fully vaporized him after Freeza was rebuilt and reinforced. And then the Androids blocked and shattered like it was nothing the same sword that cut Freeza (who tanked an exploding planet) in pieces. and then.... and after that..... and still later.......
Again, people saying "but Supes can do this and that" don't understand that the scale of power involved in DBZ is way beyond anything conceivable, because all we ever see them do is punch each other rather than actually destroying stuff.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 06:01:40 pm by DKDC
#209  July 19, 2015, 06:10:43 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
Can we seriously get JMorphman in here or someone with some experience reading Superman comics that can debunk the dumb "limitless" arguments? Because doesn't him needing to sundip to do some of his biggest feats or him even getting knocked out kinda destroys the whole "limitless" schtick?

Yes, and Freeza survived the explosion of a planet at point blank after being cut in half and having parts of his body vaporized. And still, SSJ Trunks cut him to pieces and fully vaporized him after Freeza was rebuilt and reinforced. And then the Androids blocked and shattered like it was nothing the same sword that cut Freeza (who tanked an exploding planet) in pieces. and then.... and after that..... and still later.......
Again, people saying "but Supes can do this and that" don't understand that the scale of power involved in DBZ is way beyond anything conceivable, because all we ever see them do is punch each other rather than actually destroying stuff.

Okay I'll debunk one part:
Trunk's sword... is just a normal sword. The scene with him and King Cold and later with Goku actually proves that K enhancement means FAR more than any weapon(Trunks no sells King Cold trying to slice him and then Goku was able to block his sword with a finger by simply enhancing his Ki to the same durability. Otherwise you are still correct in your theory that Trunks can pretty much slice Frieza WITH HIS OWN HANDS pretty much.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#210  July 19, 2015, 06:23:51 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Can we seriously get JMorphman in here or someone with some experience reading Superman comics that can debunk the dumb "limitless" arguments? Because doesn't him needing to sundip to do some of his biggest feats or him even getting knocked out kinda destroys the whole "limitless" schtick?

Okay I'll Try, as a fan of both DBZ (I've watched and read everything DBZ) and Superman.

Superman DOES have Limitless Potential.

But he'd only get there if he stuck around in the sun for a million years.

Anyway regardless let's go over some of the stuff people have said here:

"Frieza tanked a planet explosion!"

If you call not dying to a planet explosion "Tanking"

Superman (I will only be using post Crisis because that's the best one) Survived a Star Exploding (though it DID knock him out, then again Kid Buu's Ki Blast that blew up the earth (and ONLY THE EARTH) was enough to kill Mystic Gohan, who was Stronger then SUPER BUU)), being Punched through a planet and "15 Supernovas to the face" Though I call BULLSHIT there.

"Something about Goku being Faster then the Speed of Light"

Can I have proof of this? He's faster then your eyes can detect, sure, but we only see at like 150 Fps, so it they were moving any faster then that... it would be easy to miss. not to mention superman can Fly at over 1 MILLION TIMES THE SPEED OF LIGHT. Goku, on the other hand, actually takes time to get anywhere.

"Goku (or X person) can blow up the planet with their punches!"

Again, proof of this? I've never ever seen anyone in DBZ blow up planets with their fists. They always use Ki blasts. I'm sure if Superman had Ki Blasts he could blow up planets too (I mean he does it with his fists) but he doesn't have them.

Honestly, I don't really care who wins but seriously guys why are you so damn mad about this, this is Screwattack. The same people that said Super Mario Sunshine had no Gimmicks.

Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 06:29:51 pm by -Whiplash-
#211  July 19, 2015, 06:28:17 pm
    • USA
Trunk's sword... is just a normal sword. The scene with him and King Cold and later with Goku actually proves that K enhancement means FAR more than any weapon(Trunks no sells King Cold trying to slice him and then Goku was able to block his sword with a finger by simply enhancing his Ki to the same durability. Otherwise you are still correct in your theory that Trunks can pretty much slice Frieza WITH HIS OWN HANDS pretty much.
Just swords make everything Cooler.

I'm sorry, I'll shut up with the puns now.

The rematch reminded me recently of this rebuttal to the original which I think still stands well.
Will this do?

Also

then again Kid Buu's Ki Blast that blew up the earth (and ONLY THE EARTH) was enough to kill Mystic Gohan, who was Stronger then SUPER BUU))
An unconscious Gohan.  They need to have their ki up and running and actually put up a shield for any of this to matter.  Though I believe it might be filler, SSJ Goku getting pelted by Krillin with a rock when he was napping would be a good example.
Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 06:34:36 pm by Long John Killer
#212  July 19, 2015, 06:29:29 pm
Okay I'll debunk one part:

I agree that the sword itself is a normal sword and that the ki enhancement did the whole job, but the point is that Trunks used that method to slice apart someone who was able to tank through an exploding planet while being already severely diminished (yes, tank, he boasted it wouldn't do a thing to him and then his mecha form seemed to have damage received mostly from the last Kamehameha than the exploding planet). And he used the same method on #18, and the sword shattered on her arm. You're right that the sword itself is irrelevant, I'm just talking about what he could do and what the androids could do. I just took a shortcut.
then again Kid Buu's Ki Blast that blew up the earth (and ONLY THE EARTH) was enough to kill Mystic Gohan, who was Stronger then SUPER BUU))
A knocked out Gohan. The guys in DBZ have a pretty normal body, like Xhom said, the important thing is that they enhance their defense with their ki, and that ki is enough to destroy a planet or tank planet-shattering punches. Just not while they're knocked out.
Again, proof of this? I never ever seen anyone in DBZ blow up planets with their fist.
Coincidentally, Dragon Ball Super chapter 2 just a few days ago had SSJ3 Goku blow through King Kai's planet with a punch. King Kai's planet which has a gravity ten times that of Earth while being the size of a building. Which is not that far from a black hole (which would be, for the mass -and gravity- of Earth, the size of a marble). And Bills could block those punches with ease and knock out Goku with a snap, and then Goku in SSJ God form reached about 70% of Bills' power in the movie. Speaking of the movie, the same SSJ3 Goku punch in that version shaved off a part of King Kai's very same planet. What's that about planet busting punches ?
Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 06:36:02 pm by DKDC

Bea

#213  July 19, 2015, 06:34:25 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
I have been reading Superman for around 30 years. He has limitless potential as -Whiplash- said, and without sun diping he vaporized a planet with his heat vision, lifted almost 6 sextillion tons, survived a supernova in the face, was sandwiched between two planets, held a black hole in his hand among worse. He can tank a whole lot of stuff, and is incredibly broken and op.

But he gets knocked around a fair bit because in the DC Universe, non sun dipped Superman is mid tier. There are some really scary stuff out there.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#214  July 19, 2015, 06:37:05 pm
And SSJ3 Gotenks rips a hole between dimensions by shouting really loudly (something Super Buu barely could do himself when he was really mad), a feat that we barely think a black hole could do. So ? DBZ really has much more crazy stuff than that.
#215  July 19, 2015, 06:42:55 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
A knocked out Gohan. The guys in DBZ have a pretty normal body, like Xhom said, the important thing is that they enhance their defense with their ki, and that ki is enough to destroy a planet or tank planet-shattering punches. Just not while they're knocked out.

K that makes sense. But Frieza said he "he had no energy" or whatever, so I figure he was in worse off shape then Gohan. But maybe Frieza's anatomy is good enough that he has the durability to survive exploding planets? Regardless, Superman can too, so it's really a non-issue. no one ever said Goku can't HURT Superman.

Coincidentally, Dragon Ball Super chapter 2 just a few days ago had SSJ3 Goku blow through King Kai's planet with a punch. King Kai's planet which has a gravity ten times that of Earth while being the size of a building. Which is not that far from a black hole (which would be, for the mass -and gravity- of Earth, the size of a marble).

Alright.

And SSJ3 Gotenks rips a hole between dimensions by shouting really loudly (something Super Buu barely could do himself when he was really mad), a feat that we barely think a black hole could do. So ? DBZ really has much more crazy stuff than that.

You Know Superboy-Prime Broke through Reality by PUNCHING it Right?

Admittedly a pre-Crisis Version of Superman but based on his Fight with Superman, Super Girl and Power Girl I guess he`s like 3 times more powerful then Post Crisis superman?

The Problem with this Debate is that Superman's Feats very from Author to Author, (Which is annoying) but more so without Ki enhancements or Blasts, it's hard to Gauge his power accurately to a DBZ Character cause he can't shoot epic planet busting lasers.
Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 06:47:31 pm by -Whiplash-

Bea

#216  July 19, 2015, 06:44:12 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Funny, The Flash does the same by running really fast. And he can send people through other dimensions using the same principle.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

#217  July 19, 2015, 06:48:25 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
But Frieza said he "he had no energy" or whatever, so I figure he was in worse off shape then Gohan. But maybe Frieza's anatomy is good enough that he has the durability to survive exploding planets?
Can't Frieza breathe in space anyways.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#218  July 19, 2015, 06:50:06 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
But Frieza said he "he had no energy" or whatever, so I figure he was in worse off shape then Gohan. But maybe Frieza's anatomy is good enough that he has the durability to survive exploding planets?
Can't Frieza breathe in space anyways.

Well yeah but I mean breathing space has nothing to do with living though an explosion, which is the point here.
#219  July 19, 2015, 07:19:33 pm
Funny, The Flash does the same by running really fast. And he can send people through other dimensions using the same principle.
Yes, that's the Speed Force. He runs to access it, then he uses it to break time.
But Frieza said he "he had no energy" or whatever, so I figure he was in worse off shape then Gohan.
The little energy he had was enough to survive the explosion, and Gohan probably had more energy but the point is that he wasn't conscious to use it and shield his body.
Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 07:25:27 pm by DKDC

Bea

#220  July 19, 2015, 07:40:08 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Yes, that's the Speed Force. He runs to access it, then he uses it to break time.
And warp through dimensions. Flash is almost as broken as Superman.

But Frieza said he "he had no energy" or whatever, so I figure he was in worse off shape then Gohan.
The little energy he had was enough to survive the explosion, and Gohan probably had more energy but the point is that he wasn't conscious to use it and shield his body.

Also Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta died when Freeza blew up Earth on that last OAV, while Freeza survived, from what I recall.