YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 18316162 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle/One Minute Melee
#801  July 04, 2016, 03:01:28 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
are you guys for real ? regardless of who is stronger , this kind of videos is meant for one real deal : advertisement

some artists are trying to bust the number of people who would read HxH or watch the anime

if more people started watching or reading HxH, then the guy who made the video would be like
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#802  July 04, 2016, 03:08:58 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
The point of the videos are to get clicks

I sincerely doubt the creators are interested in getting more exposure for Hunter x Hunter of all things
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#803  July 04, 2016, 03:16:23 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Cell is around Goku's plain ol' Super Saiyan at its max at the time, and past SSJ2 Gohan after his failed suicide.  Also that's presuming Goku = whoever the strongest man is in HxH, which....doesn't make any sense?

DBZ powers work on Ki.  The higher their power level, the higher their overall stats all around are.  Some minor differences here and there when power levels were more present in on Namek, Jeice and Burter being the main example, but largely as that level goes up the more you completely outclass someone you past.  Such is the life of any non-Saiyan.  For example, Raditz could take Goku's way-past moon destroying Kamehameha, but when Piccolo's attack past his power level he realized he'd be screwed being hit by that.

And way past that, by the time of Cell, he brags how he could wipe out the solar system if he so pleases.  Thus, something with the power to destroy the solar system or higher must be put into hitting him with to kill him.  As Gohan and ghost dad did, just contained in that Kamehameha.  DBZ's done that whole "size of the beam and destruction doesn't equal the power behind it" bit before, blowing Vegeta's Final Flash out of the water not too long after it went off and swallowed up Venus or whatever planet it headed for and an entire Earth continent just by missing.

So I'm just curious, does Meryum or anyone else from that series boast such power?  If not, they're not winning.  At least not on this straightforward attacking front.  That's all.
Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 03:22:07 am by Long John Killer

lui

#804  July 04, 2016, 03:19:07 am
    • USA
yes he is and so are other people in the series.

i still don't know why you're so salty about this.
#805  July 04, 2016, 03:20:30 am
    • USA
I'm not, I'm curious and just wanted a straightforward answer or at least when explaining yourself it made sense.  If you say they are, then so be it.

You're the one that seems to be getting upset over this.  I'll shut up now, then.  Sorry. :mwhy:
#806  July 04, 2016, 03:24:31 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB

lui

#807  July 04, 2016, 03:25:50 am
    • USA
im not getting upset over it and i showed no signs of it at all?

and the guys who created the mangas won't give two shits about db or omm, see kamiya-san for example.
#808  July 04, 2016, 03:26:44 am
don't shut up yet.
dude... everyone in dbz can destroy a planet with his kamehame blast.
freeza destroyed a planet and he's less stronger than a ss1 goku.im sure krillin could do it if he put maximum effort into it.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#809  July 04, 2016, 03:29:41 am
    • USA
I...legitimately just mixed the two of you up into one poster and thought you were getting more annoyed.  Whoops.

Oh, Krillin past planet buster ages ago, Roshi pulled off the moon early Dragon Ball, and an extraordinarily weak Piccolo in comparison to anything after did the same effortlessly training Gohan as a kid.
#810  July 04, 2016, 03:31:41 am
which means it shouldn't be used as a measuring point for a character's strength.
#811  July 04, 2016, 03:34:49 am
  • Democracy is non-negotiable.
  • coding nearly done, supers and AI left.
    • USA
    • www.patreon.com/melcore?fan_landing=true&view_as=public
#812  July 04, 2016, 03:42:47 am
    • USA
Why not?  Krillin's stupidly tough and powerful, just his competition is ridiculously better.  Anything that doesn't have him against those who's levels are way past his or involves him without being powered up has him dominating the situation.
#813  July 04, 2016, 03:45:04 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Doc, in terms of whether Meruem shoot a beam that could destroy his universe the answer is "probably not" because the type of power being thrown around in that world just isn't that type of power. But if it was he would be that powerful. More to the point, if he ATE someone who was that powerful he would be that powerful.

He is fast enough and strong enough to rip Cell's arm off and then start eating it and durable enough to tank the hits Cell would throw at him until he's fully absorbed the information because no DBZ character is ever going to just obliterate someone when they can test their mettle in hand to hand fighting and the Hunter universe is built for hand to hand fighting.

At that point he would be powerful enough to throw a beam that could destroy the universe. So while the fight isn't really that interesting of a fight to watch, it is more or less an accurate one.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#814  July 04, 2016, 03:51:04 am
Why not? Krillin's stupidly tough and powerful, just his competition is ridiculously better.  Anything that doesn't have him against those who's levels are way past his or involves him without being powered up has him dominating the situation.
because if it was then we can say that Krillin=Cell. both of them can destroy planets therefore they're equal.
obviously that is not true, man.
#815  July 04, 2016, 03:52:39 am
    • USA
A planet does not equal a solar system, those are complete different terms of power.
stuff
That's a nice fully explained answer, thank you.  While I have my fair share of doubts, namely getting an arm off, I think that's enough for all of us overanalyzing this OMM, yeah?  We're just starting to get on each other's nerves.
#816  July 04, 2016, 03:59:31 am
#817  July 10, 2016, 06:28:37 pm
    • USA

New DBX.
#818  July 10, 2016, 07:16:34 pm
  • professional white boy
  • god, I wish that were me
    • USA
    • reddit.com/user/Bob8644
Well that was anti-climactic and one sided.
#819  July 10, 2016, 07:23:28 pm
    • USA
Eh, compared to Master Chief and Jango Fett, where the animation was one-sided but Jango had no real chance at all, at least it's moderately accurate this time?

Though not to quote myself from the previous discussion against Cell and Saitama and such, but it's just not fun when they don't at least make them seem evenly matched when fighting.  At least it was funny with near-sighted Dedede and the crowd of Waddle Dees, but yeah.
#820  July 14, 2016, 12:46:28 am
    • USA

Right, I don't intend on watching the whole show all over again, but I thought Meta already beat Carolina pretty easily before, this confirmed it.

So being a Red vs Blue episode as well, just an excuse to kill off a member, then it's gotta be Carolina as she's still alive, Meta isn't.  This is all just a big reveal to bring him back and kill her off.  Except the surprise is totally ruined by announcing this Death Battle.  I've enjoyed Red vs Blue and all, but this is just ringing stupid to me right now.

Carolina must have some sort of A.I. inhibitor that I'm forgetting, unless they want to try the spike thing from the fight where Texas tried to kill Meta with it and completely and totally failed with help and Texas being better than Carolina, and still ended up dead.  Because that's just asking for "No duh" remarks when it fails, outrage when it works according to Screw Attack.
Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 12:54:39 am by Long John Killer