YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 18137005 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:

lui

Re: Death Battle/One Minute Melee
#881  August 15, 2016, 12:45:04 am
    • USA
#882  August 15, 2016, 12:58:46 am
  • After I win,You wanna get pizza?
  • I'm always ready for an adventure.
    • Argentina
but the Saitama VS Kenshiro was ridiculous and disappointing than Goku VS Superman

maybe he was talking about the outcome?

Probably but
Actually I don't like it for those reasons
1) This guy that Saitama faced,Dosen't look as the Kenshiro we know,Kenshiro had 3 holes in his body and his hair is brown
2) Look carefully at Saitama trying to punch kenshiro at 2:03,It shows the animation is terrible
#883  August 15, 2016, 03:37:39 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
Sonya preview is out

#884  August 15, 2016, 06:28:57 pm
    • UK
....how exactly can cammy win this?
#885  August 15, 2016, 06:35:46 pm
  • Scion of the Flames
  • it aint over when you lose its over when you quit
    • Australia
    • DBZxprodigy1994@gmail.com
sonya's gonna take this MK characters always win over street fighter characters....well except for akuma
#886  August 15, 2016, 11:47:24 pm
    • Argentina
This will be awesome,Can't wait to watch this ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
#887  August 17, 2016, 03:18:41 pm
    • UK

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

animation......i'll give em this one, better than the DBXs and shadow vs mewtwo one but they should have used better sprites
#888  August 17, 2016, 04:08:05 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
Agree with the outcome but that animation... jeeze...
#889  August 17, 2016, 04:33:16 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
#890  August 17, 2016, 05:07:18 pm
    • UK
#891  August 17, 2016, 05:41:04 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
Death of Death Battle?

I guess all good things must come to an end.

Sad, I think i'd say my favorite is still Snake vs Sam Fisher. How about you guys?
#892  August 17, 2016, 07:00:21 pm
    • Argentina
#893  August 17, 2016, 07:12:29 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
I don't really see what was wrong with that episode?  Certainly nothing bad enough that people (in this thread, absolutely nowhere else that I've seen) are calling it the end of the series?
#894  August 17, 2016, 10:43:08 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
This was definitely a filler battle in terms of animation. Don't they have like only one really good animator on staff?

Anyway... the next match sounds interesting, but you what would be better here? A Death Battle between 5 members of Overwatch and the team from Team Fortress 2.
#895  August 17, 2016, 11:25:24 pm
they put out a decidedly average cammy sonya battle and now you want a multicharacter 3d animated battle
#896  August 17, 2016, 11:58:58 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Isn't the Overwatch comic not even out yet?  The thing has little to no story to its name in game as far as I know, and minimum outside.  It's multiplayer focused Desitny.

I guess the equally detailed character Scout from Team Fortress that everyone's suggesting is the only one I can tie to the next fight.  I don't play Team Fortress, isn't Scout just a teenager hyped up on sugary drinks with a baseball bat and a mediocre shotgun?  And a clone or some nonsense to explain the respawn gameplay mechanic, but nothing really special?  Tracer from appearances alone has the hi-tech advantage, and speed being Scout's deal she outclasses him as well.  Does she have zero close range options?

Not surprised, just disappointed at more Street Fighter losses, especially an exceedingly much more interesting character losing.  Speed should trump Sonya's tech and close range combat as far as I'm concerned, Cammy should win.  Oh well.  For the sprites they chose, it was animated alright, if nothing special, but I still don't see why they didn't go with something nicer that SFII Cammy.

Death of Death Battle?

I guess all good things must come to an end.

Sad, I think i'd say my favorite is still Snake vs Sam Fisher. How about you guys?

Huh?  Occasional disappointing episodes don't mean the show's coming to a sudden halt.  Unless you mean that they're reaching out to Overwatch for views or something, in which case yeah, it's kinda stupid to choose unless they've made her the winner right off the bat when picking her and the opponent to make up for her being new.  Which would seem to be the case against poor Scout, or Tifa, but the show didn't end back then when people were calling foul.

Just made some of us decide to not watch RWBY.
Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 12:15:41 am by Long John Killer
#897  August 18, 2016, 12:46:50 am
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
No I meant that abortion of pixels flooding my screen was basically the worst fan animation i've seen in recent memory.
#898  August 18, 2016, 01:00:24 am
Isn't the Overwatch comic not even out yet?  The thing has little to no story to its name in game as far as I know, and minimum outside.  It's multiplayer focused Desitny.
so what

it's a massively popular game and the characters have moves and that's all you need
#899  August 18, 2016, 01:06:33 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
In the most barebones manner, I guess.  Can work it like the Kanto starters three-way battle or Goomba vs Koopa.  It just comes across that, unlike those matches, Tracer doesn't have much to say about simple because the canon hasn't been told, not that they're just commonplace random monsters but an actual person we don't have the info on yet.  So to make up for it they'll give her the win anyways so it doesn't come back to bite them in, say, 6 months the comic comes out and says "Tracer can actually rise from the dead with the magic power of the moon" and contradicts something Death Battle pulls.

Basically I'd prefer they took their practice they've had with Naruto characters showing, waiting until its story was done or at least its current arc.
#900  August 18, 2016, 03:12:55 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
They'll use what's known on her backstory, the shorts she has appeared in and her in game abilities. It's enough.
I guess the equally detailed character Scout from Team Fortress that everyone's suggesting is the only one I can tie to the next fight.  I don't play Team Fortress, isn't Scout just a teenager hyped up on sugary drinks with a baseball bat and a mediocre shotgun?
A mediocre shotgun that can two shot the Heavy at point blank. Sugary drinks that can provide invincibility or more speed and damage at the cost of defense depending on which drink.