YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 18078763 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle/One Minute Melee
#901  August 18, 2016, 03:33:19 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Heavy's not exactly wearing full body armor.

I can see an average shotgun taking this guy and his vest down in two shots.

And yeah, point blank.  Best of luck to him with that.  If there's a character in Overwatch that also has an invincibility special, then I'm guessing they can reason that she has experience dealing with it too, since I'm also presuming that'll be his choice drink, since even less chance of living to raise his speed against a teleporter isn't his best option.

Plus Death Battle doesn't seem to value invincibility too highly, judging from DoomGuy and Shadow.  But hey, maybe they'll surprise me, he bats off her head when her Iron Man chest piece runs out of juice.
#902  August 18, 2016, 03:35:31 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
#903  August 18, 2016, 03:37:46 am
    • USA
Dante's not invincible...?  Regen and high pain tolerance isn't the same as outside forces have zero impact.
#904  August 18, 2016, 05:13:50 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
#905  August 18, 2016, 01:20:26 pm
    • UK
#906  August 18, 2016, 07:50:33 pm
    • USA
#907  August 20, 2016, 12:25:36 am
    • USA
https://www.instagram.com/p/BJTNycChdyg/

Scout confirmed for Tracer's opponent.

...Is there really no better promotional artwork for the Team Fortress guys than screenshots of their models?  Just looks funny.
#908  August 20, 2016, 01:41:20 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#909  August 20, 2016, 03:45:45 pm
    • USA

Or Riptor fighting Yoshi.
#910  August 20, 2016, 06:34:01 pm
    • UK
#911  August 20, 2016, 11:44:33 pm
    • USA
Or Riptor fighting Yoshi.
Wasn't Riptor a guy who transferred his brain into a dino in the original as well?  Killer Instict lore wasn't ever my thing, but I thought that was the case.  Unless you mean the dino itself was female.

I've noticed too it seems their pairings of male vs female, the female tends to win.  But then, any battle I've wanted to see with such a case has also been the result as far as I can reason.  Sailor Moon vs Sora, Samus vs Master Chief (Kinda iffy to be honest, both have reasons they should win.  Plus I ignore anything post Bungie or Other M), heck, I'm somewhat leaning on the Elsa side of the joke match between Elsa and Sub-Zero.  For the most part though, their reasoning is sound why they win.  Except Carolina standing against The Meta, screw that noise.
Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 03:28:33 pm by Long John Killer
#912  August 21, 2016, 02:04:43 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
it wasn't really made clear in the original KI if Riptor was a female or male , the only one hint was in the ending when you beat the game with Riptor and eggs where showing , yet the comic based on the game has showed other Riptors , which also may suggest that another one of them layed the eggs , in the remake Riptor was indeed made a she, death battle was still calling Riptor a "He"
#913  August 21, 2016, 04:23:22 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
DBX is now doing their own version of the same match up from OMM

Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 04:26:36 pm by Zemilia
#914  August 21, 2016, 04:35:38 pm
    • USA
What was the point of this one?  OMM's version was made unknowing of Mewtwo vs Shadow until some time into production but came out around the same time, surely this was started after OMM then put out theirs.  I thought the reason behind DBX was to do matches they could do for Death Battle, but don't want to give that much research into.  If that specifically was already done, why bother?  Because Ben can't stand Silver?

Eh.  Anyways, it's alright.  OMM did it better though.  Would be nice to actually have Dragon Ball do well in an actual Death Battle, joke matches aside, maybe some more accurate analysis...but I'm not placing high hopes of that outcome.  Until we get the trifecta and there is a Trunks vs Silver Death Battle, that is.
Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 04:41:45 pm by Long John Killer
#915  August 21, 2016, 09:18:03 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
#916  August 21, 2016, 09:26:33 pm
    • USA
That just strikes me as odd.  Even silent protagonist no face Gordon Freeman has nice artwork.

At least it's not bad looking, with their cartoony designs.  Just now curious why they never bothered.  Especially as popular as its become.
#917  August 23, 2016, 12:53:16 pm
    • UK
What was the point of this one?  OMM's version was made unknowing of Mewtwo vs Shadow until some time into production but came out around the same time, surely this was started after OMM then put out theirs.  I thought the reason behind DBX was to do matches they could do for Death Battle, but don't want to give that much research into.  If that specifically was already done, why bother?  Because Ben can't stand Silver?

Eh.  Anyways, it's alright.  OMM did it better though.  Would be nice to actually have Dragon Ball do well in an actual Death Battle, joke matches aside, maybe some more accurate analysis...but I'm not placing high hopes of that outcome.  Until we get the trifecta and there is a Trunks vs Silver Death Battle, that is.

firstly, back when there were trailers of dbx, this was always seen in the teaser
so this was planned before omm

and secondly, no. the reason behind DBX is to make omm again now that all the omm animators had that falling out issue with screw attack, its just them telling less popular animators to animate whatever they want. it has nothing to do with what ben wants, since they arent scripting the matches

so far, 2 out of 5 dbz death battles have been wins. thats better than FF's ratio and marios ratio
#918  August 23, 2016, 06:07:46 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
Whoa back up, what falling out with the OMM animators?
#919  August 23, 2016, 07:10:17 pm
    • USA
OMM animators didn't like how they were being treated by Screwattack so they split and did OMM on their own.  That's why it's no longer part of SA's channel.
#920  August 23, 2016, 08:48:04 pm
    • UK
Why did you think we got a bare bones lil mac vs ippo season finale on screw attack and then a full version on hyper guage?

The entire season 3of DB has had to milk more out of torrian as he was literally the only animator who didn't leave
Since then they had to get others for the sprite animations
CVAnimations, kixx06 i think his name is, the dude who did ganon/bowser and mewtwo/shadow(Who's also left now)

Without the maplematorsand mr lange, the sprite animations wont get any better any time soon