YesNoOk

Show us cool stuff you just bought! (Read 1244878 times)

Started by Vans, November 21, 2011, 06:01:10 am
Share this topic:
Re: Show us cool stuff you just bought!
#1481  September 14, 2014, 02:27:10 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Goldeneye is great son

Though who the hell last owned those games, the labels look terrible
#1482  September 14, 2014, 03:11:39 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
>not liking goldeneye
:getout:
#1483  September 14, 2014, 03:46:24 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
#1484  September 14, 2014, 03:55:08 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html

$12 for all at the fleas marked. The bad thing none of the two TLOZ tittles and i got two copies of GE-007 a game that i dont even like -_-

Now that's a cool find. The first thing I would do is clean the shit out of everything, controllers included. I have a drawer full of pretty much every console controller from NES to the PS3 for emulation purposes. I spent a day cleaning out like 7 controllers. The innards of the N64 and Cube are rather interesting to say the least.

And did the previous owner keep these near a window?? Those are seriously sun worn. And how could you not like Goldeneye!? :grrr:
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#1485  September 14, 2014, 07:34:32 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
It's obvious people around here likes videogames, but I wasn't aware there were other retro junkies accumulating as much crap as me :D
We got our RetroN 5 back in June and spent about a month getting all of our childhood games back and plus some and about a grand and a half we finally have almost everything we want. Almost.  Now I'm on an import game binge knowing that the newest firmware update for the RetroN 5 allows live patching. Like translation patches. :3 We just bought Seiken Densetsu 3 for that reason.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#1486  September 14, 2014, 06:49:16 pm
    • Peru
Good you mention it. For purists, the RetroN5 it's just an emulator, but is it good? I read it has compatibility issues. I might get it just for the HDMI output... I've been reading about modding the NES to get RGB output but seems like a risky task, even for a person who likes to use soldering guns.
#1487  September 14, 2014, 06:54:27 pm
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
And did the previous owner keep these near a window?? Those are seriously sun worn. And how could you not like Goldeneye!? :grrr:

Well atleast all the  games works fine but the purple controller joystick is all beaten.

Goldeneye me no like it i prefer Nightfire if comes to 007 games tho 4 players at the laberinth was cool....>:
I would trade those two games and my WII for  copy of Neon Genesis Evangelion even if is untraslated.

#1488  September 14, 2014, 08:02:16 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Copy of Neon Genesis Evangelion even if is untraslated.

You mean the N64 import??  That was very cool.

Good you mention it. For purists, the RetroN5 it's just an emulator, but is it good? I read it has compatibility issues. I might get it just for the HDMI output... I've been reading about modding the NES to get RGB output but seems like a risky task, even for a person who likes to use soldering guns.

I read that there are some slight inconsistencies with emulation, like colors being off by a hue or some sounds being off by a slight pitch.

What I'd like to ask is why don't people who love Emulation just download the stuff for the PC, and plug that PC into their LCD television through HDMI or VGA?? I've been doing this for years and it's beyond awesome. Not only do you have limitless possibilities (You're not restricted to the console you bought) since you're on a PC, but you have a wider spectrum of options (like what emulator to use since they're updated quite a bit) and plenty of options for controlling your ROM. I have adaptors and pairs of controllers for the NES, SNES, Genesis, Saturn, DreamCast, N64, GameCube, PS2, the Original X-Box and a singular One Controller. It also doesn't take much to emulate the classics, so a mid range PC will do. I'd rather go the PC route than spend money on a console that... does what the PC does.

But again, people love having physical copies. I've been emulating since about 1997. :mmhmm:

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#1489  September 14, 2014, 08:51:23 pm
    • Peru
That's why I'm reluctant to buy that kind of consoles. I think it should be the nostalgia factor...
#1490  September 15, 2014, 01:08:12 am
  • I work at Elecbyte as a sexy janitor.
    • USA
    • tamez.smeenet.org
#1491  September 15, 2014, 01:48:51 am
  • Figuring things out, one sprite at a time.
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
Honestly, things like the Retron 5 and similar emulation based systems are only worth considering on the off chance you really don't have ways to access the original systems for the full sized consoles or want a way to play handheld system carts on your television and don't have the special adapters for those systems like the GC's Game Boy player, SNES Super Game Boy, etc.

Honestly been looking at things like the XRGB-Mini Framemeister Scaler unit for some of the systems I have here, but it's a hefty investment for just that unit, not to mention that earlier Nintendo systems need some modding to make full use out of it.
#1492  September 15, 2014, 04:56:21 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
So do you still have nesticle somewhere on your computer?   :XD:

:woeh:

You sir, are fucking awesome as you just opened up a literal floodgate of memories and nostalgia!! I had Nesticle and Genecyst for years. I use Gens and VirtuaNES due to their filters and generally updated/newer standards. Prior to those, I rocked Nesticle for a very long time. I remember when that used to slow down my Gateway Astro!!

Honestly, things like the Retron 5 and similar emulation based systems are only worth considering on the off chance you really don't have ways to access the original systems for the full sized consoles or want a way to play handheld system carts on your television and don't have the special adapters for those systems like the GC's Game Boy player, SNES Super Game Boy, etc.

Honestly been looking at things like the XRGB-Mini Framemeister Scaler unit for some of the systems I have here, but it's a hefty investment for just that unit, not to mention that earlier Nintendo systems need some modding to make full use out of it.

Why such a hefty investment??

While I see the appeal of the retron5, I think the need for one stems from what you prefer. A lot of my friends would take the hardware over emulation. I prefer emulation due to the possibilities offered, like net play and filters, amongst other cool perks.

#1493  September 15, 2014, 05:00:11 am
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
Hefty investment in the sense that the unit mentioned alone costs $350 USD; either you have a lot of disposable cash to toss at making sure you can get the best video quality out of your retro systems, or you have some degree of video editing in mind using the original hardware rather than emulation.
#1494  September 15, 2014, 05:16:35 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
#1495  September 15, 2014, 09:07:33 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#1496  September 16, 2014, 12:12:42 am
    • Peru
We all have bowed to the Fecal Lord at some point on our lives.
I remember when my PC hardly handed NES emulation... with the "turbo" switch on.
#1497  September 16, 2014, 12:24:21 am
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/
Hefty investment in the sense that the unit mentioned alone costs $350 USD; either you have a lot of disposable cash to toss at making sure you can get the best video quality out of your retro systems, or you have some degree of video editing in mind using the original hardware rather than emulation.

The investment is well worth it though, considering it can also allow you to hook up arcade boards using very easy to make / cheap superguns.
#1498  September 16, 2014, 02:44:26 am
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
Vans: If you send the Framemeister up north, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you. I will not pursue you. But If you don't, then I will look for you... I will find you and I will kill you. .\/.

Also, more Saturn games including one of my favorite older DBZ titles, although it was the psx build I used to play.
#1499  September 16, 2014, 03:58:35 pm
    • Peru
Idainaru DB Densetsu was probably the first game ever made me think I was playing a "REAL" Dragon Ball game. I must admit, the gameplay gets a bit dull over time, but the presentation was awesome for its generation.

BTW, I think most of the sounds are in the disc as CD Tracks, and I remember Krilin had his "Kienzan!!!!" sfx, but he never actually uses it in game. I wonder if it was some unused resource or what (yeah, at that time the first thing we used to do with some friends was inserting the disc into a CD player to look for goodies, like in SOTN).
#1500  September 18, 2014, 12:18:56 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
I also loved how you got to get the real ending by following the story (getting your chars killed as in the manga, and using the right character to kill the right opponent).
I had this exact version in Japanese, on Saturn (and still have it). :)