YesNoOk

Street Fighter V WIP Topic - Mr. I and Violin Ken (Read 75539 times)

Started by Violin Ken, October 20, 2020, 03:18:46 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which character would you want released next?

Kolin
Abigail
Laura
Lucia
Zeku
Seth
Street Fighter V WIP Topic - Mr. I and Violin Ken
#1  October 20, 2020, 03:18:46 am
  • Support me @ ko-fi.com/violinken
    • youtube.com/c/ViolinKen
I'm probably gonna cut off making SFV characters exclusive to these.  I'm in the process of a career change and can't afford to keep doing these for free.  Any other SFV characters people want to see, I'm open to discussing commission options.  Project prices will vary depending on the amount of work involved: ie: sprite ripping, fx ripping, coding, complexity, etc.  PM me for further discussion.

Kolin

Abigail

Laura

Lucia

Zeku

Seth
preview coming soon.
Support me @ ko-fi.com/violinken

Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 08:26:38 pm by Violin Ken
Re: SFV WIP Topic - Mr. I and Violin Ken
#2  October 20, 2020, 01:00:54 pm
Lol they really look good.

@ Dampir  You think you could convert a set of sprites like the ones above easily into CVS? Just a question.
#3  October 20, 2020, 01:54:22 pm
    • djjosehisterico@gmail.com
I'm happy to see that SFV characters come to mugen! Thanks for your hard work.
#4  October 20, 2020, 02:18:22 pm
  • No guts No glory..
Lol they really look good.

@ Dampir  You think you could convert a set of sprites like the ones above easily into CVS? Just a question.

yeah,in fact my head turned right on this topic.....
#5  October 20, 2020, 04:01:53 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
Those kolin counter animations are awesome!
#6  October 20, 2020, 06:01:46 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
I can imagine Akuma sick animations!
#7  October 20, 2020, 07:41:51 pm

Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 01:10:15 am by Violin Ken
#8  October 20, 2020, 08:53:25 pm
  • No guts No glory..
i am focused on normal res characters, actually it is imposible to convert a full set of sprites, 8000+ is just too much, probably will do some frame drop just to have the key animations + a frame beetwen key animations, in my end i can use a video, bad thing with 3d characters is, some animations on its game of source have a cinematic camera, usually the frames involved in those secuences are the harder to do.

soo i can say( not meaning to convert this thread into a W.I.Ps of mine) i can give it a tray ...

not misunderstand me, actually these chars look  awesome,and in the meantime usefull for base animations.

@Mr. I and Violin Ken congratulation on your chars
#9  October 20, 2020, 11:34:30 pm
    • USA
i am focused on normal res characters, actually it is imposible to convert a full set of sprites, 8000+ is just too much, probably will do some frame drop just to have the key animations + a frame beetwen key animations, in my end i can use a video, bad thing with 3d characters is, some animations on its game of source have a cinematic camera, usually the frames involved in those secuences are the harder to do.

soo i can say( not meaning to convert this thread into a W.I.Ps of mine) i can give it a tray ...

not misunderstand me, actually these chars look  awesome,and in the meantime usefull for base animations.

@Mr. I and Violin Ken congratulation on your chars

I understand, but it is very interesting to see HD characters possibly downconverted to SD in your style. Then there would be less of a reason to keep using Chuchoryu's mediocrity. I wonder if you could do vice-versa and convert an itty-bitty character (RoySquadRocks's Shantae?) into a normal-sized one?

On-topic, though, these do look pretty solid. I like the thought of being able to pit them against the ones from SF4, as well. And I like that it's not just the newcomers this time around! Gives more variety. I was pretty impressed by some of Kolin's animations. Any plans for KOF14 and SS2019, as well?

EDIT: My opinion of Chuchoryu has become much lower recently, knowing he's now uploading characters straight to a certain blacklisted website, and using some of their tactics to make sure his characters stay there.
Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 10:22:50 pm by Miru962
#10  October 21, 2020, 01:47:32 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
- Violin Ken: awesome work at these!! I wish you bestbof lucks with your new career!

- Dampir: open for collab?

- Miru962: Evwn nowadays I'm neutral to Chichoryu, at least he has tried to do something for people. With a better or a worse quality, but he tried. Do you want his wwork to be less mediocre? Enlight us and help him to sprite or code.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#11  October 21, 2020, 01:47:43 am
  • No guts No glory..
SS2019.....not in radar
KOF14....maybe shen and elizabeth...nothing sure for the moment..

first things first...
#12  October 21, 2020, 02:12:40 am
    • USA
Even nowadays I'm neutral to Chuchoryu, at least he has tried to do something for people. With a better or a worse quality, but he tried. Do you want his work to be less mediocre? Enlighten us and help him to sprite or code.

I do want his work to be less mediocre, but he does seem to at least be developing his own style with his recent MK stuff. I really want to see him improve and actually have characters progress beyond early betas, instead of dropping characters left and right. In a world where even WlanmaniaX went from an awful creator to a mediocre one, Chuchoryu can improve himself.
#13  October 21, 2020, 05:09:46 am
    • Argentina
those characters must weigh a lot O.O, I am surprised how you did to make p2 coincide in the animations of the ultras, I think that with resizing the sprites and some tweaks, plus a palette with fewer colors would seem like SFIII xD
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#14  October 21, 2020, 09:07:08 am
Even nowadays I'm neutral to Chuchoryu, at least he has tried to do something for people. With a better or a worse quality, but he tried. Do you want his work to be less mediocre? Enlighten us and help him to sprite or code.

I do want his work to be less mediocre, but he does seem to at least be developing his own style with his recent MK stuff. I really want to see him improve and actually have characters progress beyond early betas, instead of dropping characters left and right. In a world where even WlanmaniaX went from an awful creator to a mediocre one, Chuchoryu can improve himself.

Then stop complaining/whinning and do something yourself instead of downloading his stuff. This way you can speak about mediocrity knowing how stuff works, dude.
#15  October 21, 2020, 10:20:44 am
@Dampir Wow, 8000 sprites too much. It should be somewhere between 300-400 sprites.

For 8000 sprites you would need another life :)) just to finish one character.
#16  October 21, 2020, 12:36:24 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Epic team up! Can't wait to see them coming!

I voted Laura, but Lucia and/or Abigail be second for sure.
Any plans for other newcomers like Falke or Fang?
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#17  October 21, 2020, 02:48:50 pm
I would love to see Seth first, followed by Zeku, then Kolin and Lucia, and finally Abigail then Laura

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#18  October 22, 2020, 12:03:28 am

Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 12:44:54 am by Violin Ken
#19  October 22, 2020, 11:17:56 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Laura ftw... since she was my main.
Although Fem-Seth seems tempting.
#20  October 22, 2020, 11:40:44 am
Violin, got a question; are you going to release the sprites as Resources or are under commission? Thanks, man :)!

I've DLed some SFV vids with the movesets and all, but it's veeeery tedious to extract and such