YesNoOk

I would like to apologize... (Read 9358 times)

Started by slackboy101, December 19, 2019, 02:31:56 am
Share this topic:
Re: I would like to apologize...
#21  December 23, 2019, 02:07:58 pm
  • "Who?"
    • USA
Don't use autism as an excuse. That only works to your detriment, in my opinion, especially since you only talked about it after the fact. It just comes off the same as someone trying to excuse their bad behavior because of a disability. As for your ban, I dunno how long it is. I'm not an admin.
I don't think you should try to say what autistic people should or shouldn't do about their own condition, i'm in the autistic spectrum and even if i'm high functional i still understand how hard it is to cope with that disability in more "severe" cases or even in my own case. I made a lot of mistakes in my life and only time teached me how to correct my ways, but, ostracizing the guy, almost isolating him in a certain way, will not help, it'll just make him feel more and more helpless.

(By the way, i totally understand the possibility of him not actually being in the autistic spectrum, but even so... i mean, even if he isn't an autistic person at all, i still think he deserves a fairer shot than that.)

I'm a little late on this, I hope you'll forgive that. Firstly, I would never have said not to use his condition as an excuse for bad behavior if he hadn't brought it up after the fact in the first place. I was not intending to tell him what to do about his condition, just responding to him seemingly using it as a shield from criticism or consequences. But, more importantly, the second half of this: it wasn't his condition that forced him to spoil the movie for a bunch of people. It wasn't his condition that typed it out and sent it. Neither I, nor the admins, nor anyone else, are ostracizing a person because of their condition. The admins banned him because of his actions. I called him out because of his actions. And regardless of the extent to which one's autism aids or hinders one in their actions, the autism isn't solely to blame, if it's to blame at all.
"No, seriously, who?"
#22  December 23, 2019, 03:50:26 pm
  • all is love in fair and war
Just came back from cinema...
movie is dissapointing :mwhy:,
i rather rewatch the mandalorian.
#23  December 23, 2019, 05:32:44 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Well, since everyone is complaining about the movie, I think I won't spend money on it. Most of the reviews I saw are negative. I'll just watch on some generic movies website when it comes out in good quality.