YesNoOk

New Dragonball Super Series (Read 1558381 times)

Started by Omega, April 28, 2015, 02:37:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: New Dragonball Super Series
#1161  January 15, 2017, 06:11:20 am
  • Niigasan
I'm seriously starting to hate the American dbz fandom after I saw the comments for gohan's episode

"ey whats with this bitchass gohan"
"why is he still wearing those glasses?!"
"gohan is a bitch"

jesus,  is all they care about is new super saiyan forms, tfs memes and just overrated, cringy, edgy shit in general?

gohan's great saiyaman episodes were good fun and were good developments in his character, he's a family man and is a lot more human than the other saiyans that care about power levels, its nice to see a more relatable character to him.

not every moment in dbz needs to have "godly fights" or whatever, dbz isn't just about the muscle :/

I agree, i enjoyed the lil side story where goten and trunks go to that weird planet with manako and and he ends up being the hero. The saiyaman short is good so far to actually. I cant stand people that complain about the animation either like damn y cant you just enjoy it? But i will say trunks transformation has been my favorite ever so far just cuz of the emotion and the music that played hah
#1162  January 15, 2017, 02:31:00 pm
    • Germany
I realy liked the two Episodes, it's always good to see some character development for Gohan and also...

Yaaaaaay we will probably have "The Super Great Saiyaman" as an update in the current Dragon Ball Games, or in the new Games that will follow at some point. ;D
#1163  January 15, 2017, 03:26:27 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
snip

The hypocrisy is pretty dumb too.
The fanbase is quick to shit on Goku for being such a garbage parent and now we have someone who actually gives a shit about his family, they shit on this character for not being all "fights for dayz yaassssss".
Its fucking dumb.

Loved this 2 parter. It showed how close the Gohan family are. From Videl having absolute faith to Gohan going all out for his family. Love it.
#1164  January 15, 2017, 07:52:02 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
that's not hipocrisi, that's disliking two characters because both are extremists; goku would not mind risking his family's life if he gets to have a good fight, while gohan stays away from fighitng and training even though it's been proven that he has the potential of keeping his family safe, because he does not like training.
#1165  January 15, 2017, 07:59:33 pm
Sounds like someone should make a thesis about why these guys think they're Dragon Ball fans then. Because there really isn't much inbetween these two.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1166  January 16, 2017, 05:17:55 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
the pv looks very nostalic, so nostalgic it reminded me krillin used to be an asshole.
#1167  January 16, 2017, 02:45:50 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
He's the flawed monk archetype of martial arts movies, an archetype that tienshinhan fleshed out further when he was introduced ( and krilin had been made a normal sidekick character by then)
#1168  January 18, 2017, 08:19:54 pm
First look at a new God of Destruction and his angel and the arena.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1169  January 18, 2017, 09:33:14 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Liking them android designs
#1170  January 19, 2017, 12:05:16 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
It occurs to me that over the years, Toriyama seems to have picked up a growing affection for tracksuits that might be replacing his angular god outfits.

The shirt and vest with pearls outfit was always my favorite design for 18, but this isn't bad.  Kinda uninspired after Gohan doing it first, but hey.  Can't say I'm a fan of 17's change of outfit, but see if it grows on me, I ended up liking that purple look 18 had going in Battle of Gods after a while.

New god's funny looking, nothing special about his assistant at all though.  Some greater variety between them would be nice, even if they have to keep their signature uniforms.
Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 12:24:56 am by Long John Killer
#1171  January 19, 2017, 12:24:54 am
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
18 looks like a gopnik Sayla now.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#1172  January 20, 2017, 11:00:00 am
that's not hipocrisi, that's disliking two characters because both are extremists; goku would not mind risking his family's life if he gets to have a good fight, while gohan stays away from fighitng and training even though it's been proven that he has the potential of keeping his family safe, because he does not like training.

Goku didn't risk his family's life during Dragonall Z. He even didnt want his friends to wish him back after Cell's defeat. It was to have peace on earth as all villains are chasing him. His determination is somehow for the earth, his friends and family. Goku was also a wise character but, also funny wich made him Great. He trained and battled with some purposes. Dragonball and Dragonball Z has a humanish Goku with human feelings. Dragonball Super made Goku overconfident and somehow silly. He was human in Z and he is a Saiyan in Super who just wants to fight and get stronger. Super makes him only care about getting stronger. Just like Saiyans are. Z was around Everyone and Super isn't. Goku's friends became fillers and aren't developing together in the story as much as in Z.
Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 11:05:58 am by Omega
#1173  January 21, 2017, 05:05:07 am
i was expecting a park ranger outfit.
#1174  January 21, 2017, 02:19:51 pm
    • Germany
#1175  January 22, 2017, 01:55:26 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Teaser for the next Arc shows off some opponents, Gods of Destruction's and Angel's

#1176  January 22, 2017, 02:04:15 am
Oh wow lol yeah, it seems that's exactly what that's going to be. Glorious.
Also looking forward to Kienzan being worthless again and never being used to actually cut someone and end a fight in one shot.
Music seems nice, but why did they bring back Frost ? I can imagine they didn't want to create a new character and then ditch him like that, so what, is he going to actually evolve as a character ? Hit did make leaps forward as a character after all.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 02:09:30 am by Byakko
#1177  January 22, 2017, 02:04:48 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Wait... Is that a ..

- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#1178  January 22, 2017, 02:05:50 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Now see, that's specifically what I was asking for out of the Angels, some of those are eye catching and unique.

Also I support the idea for Buggy the Clown evolving into godhood, good for him.
Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 02:12:18 am by Long John Killer
#1179  January 22, 2017, 02:21:38 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
LOOOL, I've noticed now. There's a "Joker" and a "Harley Quinn" in this trailer XD
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome

lui

#1180  January 22, 2017, 02:26:09 am
    • USA
i liked how they came up with actually interesting designs for the other universes instead of doing the whole edgy "godly epic power" villain bullshit like soooo many dbz fanboys try to come up with