YesNoOk

Comparison between fighting games and their film adaptations  (Read 36233 times)

Started by Segatron, June 13, 2012, 09:07:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Comparison between fighting games and their film adaptations
#121  September 25, 2012, 09:55:38 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Street Fighter The Movie. If only for Jean Claude Van Guile.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#122  September 25, 2012, 09:57:04 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Dunno, has there been a live action movie adaptation that didn't suck balls ?

He has a word to you (but only for first film)

So has there been a single post in this topic that isn't "this live action movie sucks fuckballs fuck shitty and you should watch the animated version" so far?
Tekken anime is even worse than live action movie, what's your point??

Devon Aoki's deformed face is always a turn off.
Agree. Even with those hot chicks in that movie, see her as Kasumi is a big :no:

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#123  September 25, 2012, 10:05:28 pm
#124  September 26, 2012, 03:21:57 am
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
There was an animated Tekken movie I saw when I was much younger... I recall thinking it was "entertaining" (not great, though Anna DOES get eaten by a cloned dinosaur).

EDIT: Aaaand, here it is:

I don't know if it's the same one Basara posted above... I recall the character designs looking different that the ones in the poster he's showing.
#125  September 26, 2012, 04:50:13 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Eyebrows...

and a chin pointy enough to put someone's eye out.

Street Fighter The Movie. If only for Jean Claude Van Guile.
I wouldn't say it's a very good adaptation, or even a very good movie, but it is certainly entertaining.

mostly
#126  September 26, 2012, 12:00:10 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
@GRaph: Yeah I think that's the anime people were talking about. Wow Kid Kazuya's really interested in his Adult form's abs

@Man: Yeah. I would like to see ryu as a con man though.
#127  September 26, 2012, 01:36:31 pm
  • Quick, change the channel!
    • www.angelfire.com/hero/justicia/index.html
So has there been a single post in this topic that isn't "this live action movie sucks fuckballs fuck shitty and you should watch the animated version" so far?

Both Street Fighter movies were better than most SF anime adaptations, but there’s the SFII animated movie that’s quite good. The Tekken movie is also better than both the cell and CGI animations if I recall well.

Her deformed face gives her some character and I can certainly find it hot, but yeah, I think they shouldn’t have cast her for a character that wasn’t known for such deformity. XD
Dance time!
#128  September 26, 2012, 02:38:31 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
SF2 MOVIE has the Chun-Li shower scene. Hard to beat.

SF: The Movie has Bison mocking Sagat's disability though. Game, set and I do believe match.
#129  September 26, 2012, 07:23:07 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Ok Guys In few weeks I will review Mortal Kombat media however you already had judged it now So I will trey to post other adaptions on fighting games.
Speaking of Devon Aoki "In an interview, Aoki said about Kasumi: "Yes, she's pretty badass. ... and she's a princess. She's never been outside the palace walls. She's been very, very sheltered, because she's a princess and that's the way it is…until the point where she actually decides to leave, she's basically been pretty sheltered but she's a capable fighter."

Posted: September 26, 2012, 08:13:35 pm
Well now that we have watched DOA media Lets go with Double Dragon....Why did mention a popular Beat em up series.
Well The movie and animation had fighting games based on it however the movie included almost all those famous bad guys and the heroes girlfriend in it.

Well The movie was lame though I like the scenario of a mix between a post-apocalyptic and 80's/90's punk environment. That to be said the game was awesome But It was released in Japan (despite it was also in english) not in USA because movie was lame.... Anyway Marian the D-I-D* of the series is a gang member. The Main antagonist is a mafia like boss who want the amulet from the Heroes Billy and Jimmy for the heroes then beat the guys and turn into super hero style fighter to defeat him.  It sounds like a plot for TV series for kinds and come on if that was not enough have you all checked out the animated series most of movie stuff matches here unlike that one the cartoon were good. In short Live Action sucks but animation is good. Comments on this one

Posted: September 26, 2012, 08:17:49 pm
Really its not game anymore. It is bullshit If you know what I mean
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#130  September 27, 2012, 03:34:31 am
  • Fuck You.
bimmy the iron chef
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#131  September 27, 2012, 08:11:32 pm
Kindoff...
#132  September 28, 2012, 07:43:22 pm
Capcom released a monstrous version of street fighter called Dark Stalkers. This game well popular among fans and there have many depictions on a future sequel

There is no live action but there were two animated ones.
First one being an american series of 13 episodes which was pretty much aimed for kids (much like 90s animated series based on Capcom game including street fighter).The plot depicts of Felicia as a protagonist of series and Morrigan as the antagonist and also being a desendant of Morgane Le Fay.  Felicia is looking after a boy named Harry who is Merlin's desendant, and the darkstalkers appearing in the series were
1. Donovan
2. Sasquach
3. Demetri Maximovv
4. Lord Raptor
5. Victor
6. Anarkis
7. Hsien Ko
8. Pyron
9. Jon Talbain
10. Aulbath
I agree they were horrible and the fans were angry on it. But The show was for kids so it had to be.....well you know pathetic (Thought If you watched theswitchers videos on youtube then it would be hilarious)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
anime on the other hand had fair story plot and pretty much was almost as good as the original series Compare that to the TV series And You know That Anime rocks hard. Then there were some unusual stuff in it I cant remember for sure what was probably with the script other wise To me it was ok.
Thats all for now.
#133  October 03, 2012, 12:21:56 am
    • USA
wow that looks hilariously bad

especially this
Re: So NOPE.
#134  October 03, 2012, 01:26:07 am
  • The Goddess Returns
well The good stuff that main ladies were considered top 10 15 ho girls based on video game characters...

KASUMI portrayed by Devon Aoki

Ehhh...
My bigger issue is making Aoki, whose known for playing either evil bitches or is just plain a bitch, play someone like Kasumi in general...is weird to say the least.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#135  October 06, 2012, 08:56:41 am
well....

Posted: October 17, 2012, 11:12:57 am
Sorry for the delay on MK I am in the middle of my exams so I better thought to wait for that

Posted: October 24, 2012, 07:06:05 pm
And now I can finish this thread for now with a two part segment finale. So  far many of you guys have mentioned it already in summarized  forms but I wanted to review them all This game is favorite of GBK667 and others here. Mortal Kombat the best game with death scenes, controversies and along batch of media other than the games they had released.
MORTAL KOMBAT

The creators had made a web-series two movies (and one rumored in progress or something) cartoons and a TV season (that lasted for one season only).
Though I think I may finish it in two part or more...I dont know
Let me start with Mortal Kombat 1995 the only movie based on the fighting game that has been appreciated by the fans (Sf animated was also had the same response). Based on Both first two sequels of Mortal Kombat game series

Plot
This movie definitely proves better the story matching perfectly (most).Liu Kang is main hero along with Raiden,Sonya,Kitana & Johnny Cage. He goes out for revenge against Shang Tsung For the murder of his brother.Meanwhile Sonya is out to arrest a terrorist Kano. and Johnny Cage  is well for the fight. Raiden confronts them and asks their help to defeat the Sorcerer Shang Tsung.As the hero fight theri way out they eventually kill the magician. At the end of the movie Shao Kahn appear telling them that he will take over the earth.And the heroes begin to fight once again. 
Here are a few pic of the movie
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
But Looking at the movie you will realize that this is a watch.The script is good and morevover critics gave a mixed response.i like it and unlike others it actually gives you a good feeling, the movie was successful enough for a sequel. Annihilation the second in franchise was released in 1997.

Covering the events of the first movie It story based on MK 3.However there is large lack in the plot and from start till the end you enjoy the action but don't get a clue what heck is going on. With the lead characters reprising their role except for Sonya Cage and and others. Well the reason I said I tat you dont a a clue  probably  was rush I mean things go so fast...even I find it odd other than the fight scenes which were great in both movies. Comparing to the games 1995 wins over the sequel  Annihilation. I mean Raiden de-powered and killed later brought back  Shao Kahn has a father and last battle makes the badass Shao into a human...That is really upsetting and I can tell so much but let me make like the dragon nymph that appears to all those who are from the family of Shao....and yawn....In short everything was pathetic there The cartoons well they were made for kids you know how cartoons were back then. So the cartoon had involed the three cyborg ninjas,unmasked Rain who was the former boyfriend of Kitana, A Reptile Like Ninja and a female character Ruby who was either considered Jade or Tanya. Thought it was decent so That for now....
Next one I will mention about the webseries so dont give spoilers......

End of Part one.....
Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 07:07:12 pm by Segatron
#136  October 28, 2012, 05:40:40 pm
Well In last thread I mentioned about the animated series.

That was decent though I guess here are a few things I can say about it. Defenders of the Realm serves as the sequel to the series (movies).
Due to which Reptile and Baraka never appeared but rather a similar group of characters take the stage.
1. Komodoi The leader of the Saurians aKA the race of Reptile

He replaced Reptile here and appeared in episode 3. Acid Tongue
tHen its this Kabrac

I can mention all the characters right now But I Can review short here.tHe plot was based on UMK 3 Since There are only the kombtants and But since it towards the children no fatalities were seen except some like sub Zero freaking an opponent into a block of then breaking it.And We saw much of it and speaking of much the series introduced Quan Chi in it who would later appear in the gaming series and All the ninjas or maked fighter that were in the first three series were shown unmasked. The episode were good and I like some.
Though I never ever watched Conquest so I dont know much about it Other than the fact That it focused on a team that had Kung Lao and Raiden...If either of you guys have seen it then you can review it here or we can discuss that.

In 2011...there were a webisodes series called Mortal Kombat: Legacy previewed on the net So that was pretty much awesome  I mean the fact it was based on the real deal and it had those sparks that in the 1995 movie. Episode mostly included the origins or the incident occurring before the tournament and initially I thought Since MK 2011 was getting popular then so I thought it was related to it.
The incidents and origins like  Kitana and Mileena origin  How Mileena and Kitana were raised etc. Sor Far that was awesome...

This conclude here IO might redo it ... fell free to comment

Posted: October 29, 2012, 11:33:41 am
NOW Thats trhe end and no one is here so I guess...I will have to find a random topic