YesNoOk

Ikemen GO (Read 1220905 times)

Started by K4thos, May 26, 2018, 03:04:27 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen GO
#1881  August 29, 2021, 01:37:59 pm
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
I have the same issue as Bane84: in Mugen the stage is always shown at its correct aspect ratio, with black bars if this differs from the GameWidth:GameHeight ratio; in IkemenGo the stage is always shown at the GameWidth:GameHeight ratio:

The top two images show a 4:3 stage with Mugen/IkemenGo in 16:9; the bottom two show a 16:9 stage with the game in 4:3.  I'd like an option for IkemenGo to replicate the Mugen behaviour:
  • it means you can have a mixture of stages with different resolutions and they'll all be displayed correctly
  • it allows you to use a screenpack with a different resolution to your stages

set the resolution to a 4:3 format, i use 1280x960 and it should look normal
If you do this you can't use a 16:9 screenpack - the sides of the select screen get cut off.
#1882  September 10, 2021, 04:00:54 pm
  • I can take'em out with my fists
suggestions the could be an option for the music to still be playing in the background for the musicvictory if we just use a quick sound that would be a good option to have and boss rush mode having it's own rounds to win in the options.
#1883  September 11, 2021, 12:15:49 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
suggestions the could be an option for the music to still be playing in the background for the musicvictory if we just use a quick sound that would be a good option to have and boss rush mode having it's own rounds to win in the options.

OK, it should be easy to implement.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

We still have not finished implementing Mugen's 1.1 stagefit.
So that's why it happens

I promise that I'll center on implement letterboxing soon.
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
#1884  September 11, 2021, 05:21:45 am
Actually in the rounds to win would there be a way to set it in the select.def lets say we want to make an unlockable character that is randomly encountered through a playthrough and we want there to be a one round only on this specific character versus the usual two rounds.
#1885  September 11, 2021, 05:26:18 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
#1886  September 11, 2021, 07:45:16 am
Roger that!
#1887  September 15, 2021, 06:24:15 am
    • USA
Hi, first time posting on here, been working on a game using the Ikemen GO engine and was wondering if there was a feature implemented that allowed for multiple select screen portraits? or a way for me to implement it? was trying to find a way for the small select screen portrait to change when being hovered over and selected but so far havent found anything about it or figured it out. Thanks
#1888  September 20, 2021, 12:03:04 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Hi! I got a question:

I've been told that Ikemen allows for actual platform coding. So in search for more info, I've only managed to find this section of the State controllers page, in the GitHub wiki:

Projectile parameters
Platform

TODO: ?

PlatformWidth

PlatformHeight

PlatformAngle

PlatformFence

ProjAngle

Specifies the angle to rotate the Projectile animation.

So, does it mean those parameters can be actually functional inside the engine's current build? If so, could you give a bit more info on what's required to proper implement it?

I'm making a full game that has it's core mechanics centered around stage interactivity. Having a more adjustable platform system would be the decisive point for me to fully move my project from Mugen to Ikemen. :)
#1889  September 20, 2021, 05:48:04 am
  • Professional Amateur
    • USA
    • superfromnd.gitlab.io/
So, does it mean those parameters can be actually functional inside the engine's current build? If so, could you give a bit more info on what's required to proper implement it?
Platforms aren't in the current stable build of IKEMEN GO (v0.97), but they should be available when 0.98 is released (which is probably why there's no documentation about it yet).  I don't have an exact date on when that'll be released though.

Creator of the IKEMEN Go Command List Generator and its successor, Iguana.
Also, I make 3D stage ports for Ikemen GO. You can find my stages here. :heart:
#1890  September 21, 2021, 01:39:03 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Ah, understood. This is good to know! I look forward to the next updates. :)

Hopefully it won't be too much of a nuisance, to implement a few parameters within the platform coding, that allow players to trigger different states based on the ledge distance or position;

(visual example)
#1891  September 23, 2021, 06:41:57 am
  • Coming on!
  • MUGEN/IKEMEN Creation
    • Mexico
    • sites.google.com/view/djpilous-stuff
Wait! Where's The Test Release on IKEMEN GO?
Who is The Name of The World.

NekoAzul
#1892  September 23, 2021, 05:10:10 pm
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

We still have not finished implementing Mugen's 1.1 stagefit.
So that's why it happens

I promise that I'll center on implement letterboxing soon.
Ah that's great, thanks for replying. And by the way, this is the only issue I've found when switching from Mugen, I've been amazed by how well Ikemen Go handles Mugen content (I can only imagine how painful it must have been, especially emulating the way Mugen handles buggy code). Not to mention all the new features which I've only just started to look at. Kudos and thanks for all your hard work.
#1893  September 29, 2021, 03:56:31 am
  • Original characters are my forte.
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/bane84/
Any idea on how to resolve the problem where when the user opens the Windows version of Ikemen GO, there's no video (black screen) but audio?  I'm pretty sure it has something to do with their graphics card (Intel vs nVidia).  I did some research to see if a solution has already been found (like a configuration change), but I was unsuccessful.
#1894  September 29, 2021, 09:10:25 am
    • Greece
Save file>config

disable MSAA(change true>false)
#1895  September 29, 2021, 05:08:09 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Alternatively, their GPU doesn't support OpenGL 2.x. If the user has switchable graphics, they'll need to ensure IKEMEN is running on the dedicated GPU via their GPU settings; because IKEMEN is not a recognised application, this is not done automatically.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#1896  October 10, 2021, 04:57:48 pm
  • Original characters are my forte.
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/bane84/
Thanks for the troubleshooting ideas.  I'll give those a try.

I've run into another bizarre graphical issue.  The Metro City Gym stage appears different between Mugen and Ikemen GO.  For some reason, this stage's graphics were implemented by inserting the background elements as tiles piece by piece in a grid like fashion where each tile is in a specific part of the background, then the stage DEF file inserts them all at the same origin point.  There's over 1000 tiles in all.  Not sure why it was implemented this way.

I'll let the differences speak for themselves:
Mugen
Ikemen

Any ideas on how I could fix this in Ikemen?
#1897  October 11, 2021, 05:38:14 am
#1898  October 11, 2021, 06:50:30 am
  • Professional Amateur
    • USA
    • superfromnd.gitlab.io/
For some reason, this stage's graphics were implemented by inserting the background elements as tiles piece by piece in a grid like fashion where each tile is in a specific part of the background, then the stage DEF file inserts them all at the same origin point.  There's over 1000 tiles in all.  Not sure why it was implemented this way.

I could be wrong, but I think it was implemented this way so that each tile could have its own color palette, thus allowing the stage to have a ton of colors due to the 256-color limitation of palettes.  This was likely prior to the SFFv2 formats in MUGEN 1.0 and later which allowed for proper PNGs to be used.

Any ideas on how I could fix this in Ikemen?

No clue unfortunately, though from the way it looks I'd be willing to wager this is some sort of floating-point precision issue given the way the stage is set up.

Creator of the IKEMEN Go Command List Generator and its successor, Iguana.
Also, I make 3D stage ports for Ikemen GO. You can find my stages here. :heart:
#1899  October 11, 2021, 09:10:41 am
#1900  October 12, 2021, 06:46:36 am
it is possible make move assist with tag or simul mode changing and controlling the 2 or 3 characters?

unoshe tag works but you can't control both characters.