Nexus Reborn Ports
#1  December 24, 2011, 03:52:26 pm
  • Green Lotus
    • USA
Re: Nexus Reborn Ports
#2  December 24, 2011, 04:05:47 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Looking very fine good sir! nice picks, still be careful on resizing the original images. :sugoi:
#3  December 24, 2011, 04:08:26 pm
  • Green Lotus
    • USA
Looking very fine good sir! nice picks, still be careful on resizing the original images.

Yeah, that was the main problem right there. I did the best I could with the proportions though. I tried to at least get them close to the same height as the ports that already came with the screenpack.
#4  December 24, 2011, 04:54:18 pm
  • 140% more effective in da balz.
When making portrait like these,what should i use for invisibility, purple or light green?
#5  December 24, 2011, 06:22:14 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Here are some more, I will be doing many more and now taking request. Keep in mind it must be a reasonable image and not a crappy one.  Did Felicia with love and care, for Jesuszilla Felicia. :twisted:

Felicia:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Extra:

Yun:

Kenji:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/msrm2s
#6  December 24, 2011, 06:57:26 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
When making portrait like these,what should i use for invisibility, purple or light green?
Whatever color sticks out from the character.
So if you're making one for ken then I recommend a blue or green background.
But someone like maybe Reptile or Sub Zero then something redish that doesn't blend with their color.
#7  December 25, 2011, 05:54:20 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Here is another late entry. 8)

Talbian:

Leo:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/npupzk
Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 05:57:43 am by BIG BOSS
#8  December 26, 2011, 04:45:50 pm
  • 140% more effective in da balz.
#9  December 26, 2011, 09:18:35 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 08:32:18 am by BIG BOSS
#10  December 26, 2011, 09:35:30 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
 Wow. These are really nice!! What's your conversion process like?? I'm looking to cut back on time it takes for mine!!
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#11  December 26, 2011, 09:47:58 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Well my method is not as great as yours but, I will pm it to you. It's not really hard but, a bit simple formula for me. Also, thanks man.
#12  December 27, 2011, 12:59:46 am
  • Green Lotus
    • USA
Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 04:12:56 am by Seru
#13  December 27, 2011, 07:23:43 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 07:26:50 pm by BIG BOSS
#14  December 27, 2011, 07:37:48 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Wow. All of these look really good. Just be careful with your conversion process: Blue Mary has plenty of stray (E.G. discoloured) pixels amidst her pants. And her arms look even worse if you zoom in closely enough. Comparing her to Jedah and Leo makes her look like a rushed effort, even with being a nice portrait.

Otherwise, this is really, REALLY nice stuff. It's great to see Mugen actually have something that resembles actual art direction!! :lugoi:

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#15  December 27, 2011, 08:26:02 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
@Saikoro, well this a thread started by Seru, I suggested to him to start his on port thread. I liked some of the other ports he render. I'm just contributing to what he started and yeah, that's his blue Mary. Thanks for feed Sai. :sugoi:
#16  December 27, 2011, 09:02:13 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
@Saikoro, well this a thread started by Seru, I suggested to him to start his on port thread. I liked some of the other ports he render. I'm just contributing to what he started and yeah, that's his blue Mary. Thanks for feed Sai. :sugoi:

Totally man. I hope I didn't come off as too much of a snobby know-it-all; I was just leaving some constructive feedback.

Also, my eyes can't help but examine something right away and go "HEY" when I see an odd looking pixel.

Alas, these look pretty sweet. Watch for stray pixels!! ;D

#17  December 27, 2011, 10:25:29 pm
  • Green Lotus
    • USA

Totally man. I hope I didn't come off as too much of a snobby know-it-all; I was just leaving some constructive feedback.

Also, my eyes can't help but examine something right away and go "HEY" when I see an odd looking pixel.

Alas, these look pretty sweet. Watch for stray pixels!! ;D

No its not being a snobby know it all, if anything I would agree, I did kind of rush it. Also, thanks for the feedback Sai, I loved your CvS2 ports and you know what you are talking about so anybody would be an idiot not to listen to your feedback. I'll reupload the fixed versions later and maybe take a look at some of my others as well. Good thing I didn't delete the renders.

Edit: Having taken a look at the Blue Mary render, some of the outer pixels were actually different shades of blue, black, and green which gave the port that effect when displayed on the pink canvas. I'm in the process of the cleaning them right now.

Edit again: Found the problem, when Indexed, all the outer pixels switch to shades of gray, causing the pixelation problem.
Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 10:54:20 pm by Seru
#18  December 27, 2011, 11:23:30 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Awesome. I'm glad to know I'm starting to build up cred as "that portrait guy." ;D

Regardless of exactly how we would go about making portraits, converting and indexing another image can be a pain in the ass. Even moreso if you're looking to touch up an image extensively. Older stuff also takes a little longer as clarity wasn't as sharp as it is today. On average, my Marvel VS Capcom 2 pieces can take up to 4 or more hours as there are plenty of pixels that need touching up.

Why can't indexing be a simple, color loss free endeavor!?

Keep up the great work guys!! :lugoi:

#19  December 28, 2011, 12:07:49 am
  • Green Lotus
    • USA
Alright I fixed them. Here they are.

#20  December 28, 2011, 12:55:57 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Nicely done man. Good job. I think it's great that Big Boss has inspired enough people to make portraits for his awesome screenpack. If my hands werent tied, I'd be of more use to you guys.