YesNoOk

(Dudley by a good few) Rowen's PotS Edits (Read 1864946 times)

Started by RagingRowen, May 09, 2019, 12:08:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: (NEW: Vanessa) Rowen's Quick PotS Edits
#181  July 17, 2019, 04:57:55 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
    I have some suggestions:
    • Ryu by P.O.T.S.
    • Mai Shiranui by DW
    • Dan Hibiki by P.O.T.S.
    • Andy Bogard by Infinite
    • Billy Kane by R@CE AKIR@
    • Wolfgang Krauser by Infinite
    • Robert Garcia by Chazzanova
    • Rock Howard by DW
    • Athena Asamiya by DW
    • Chang Koehan by Falcon Rapper
    • Ryuji Yamazaki by R@CE AKIR@
    • Geese Howard by P.O.T.S.
    • Vega/M. Bison by P.O.T.S.
    • Sakura Kasugano by P.O.T.S.
Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 08:24:27 pm by Retro Respecter
#182  July 17, 2019, 05:04:19 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Are you asking for Modern PotS conversions for some of these?
The PotS characters you mentioned (except Geese) already have modern conversions.
Ryu by Mwryly (and a few others, depending on what version you download)
Dan by Mr. Ansatsuken
Vega by Froz
Sakura by Varo_Hades
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#183  July 17, 2019, 05:46:50 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Fine, I did a quickie on him:
- Fixed Zero Counter
- Removed Electro Stage Interaction.
- Removed clone from Level 3 Super Pause.
- Added Modern Land FX.
- Changed Super Jump and Projectile hit sounds.
https://mega.nz/#!L2h2jCpZ!BkMlBY6Kmif7lyhqxQqVbdoP2OKQgtA5kNVYXboRjXM
If you are still willing to edit him, go ahead.
I think I saw on SwaggaKings' channel that Varo_Hades is doing a Cody with Dampir's sprites. I'm not where he'll be available though.

Dunno if i keep on him, but i'll check this out.

EDIT: Zero Counter is good now, but i really get unmotivated to work on Cody. It has A LOT to do with him, like adding low jumps, the throws direction, fix the afterimages, put many of the modern POTS sprites, fix the jump after the run. Sadly i'm still lack on coding and you're way better than me on that. So i think you can handle of Cody boy.

Varo's Cody is a kinda old WIP from him. Maybe he's back to work on him but i'm not sure he'll release or not since Varo is not that active here.
Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 08:51:54 pm by 【MFG】gui0007
#184  July 17, 2019, 08:39:02 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Yes, I'm asking for more modern PoTS conversions. As for the rest, I'm sure that their links are all expired.
#185  July 17, 2019, 08:48:11 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#186  July 17, 2019, 09:30:22 pm
    • USA
Wouldn’t it be wiser to edit the characters of creators who are no longer active? Or at the very least, actually learn how to update the characters beyond cosmetics? You aren’t going to update say DW’s characters better than he. A tip you can use, I use these videos to update my characters
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
also playing the games etc I think you can improve that Terry a lot more, even Memo said something similar about his first character. No need to “update” my scraps, because I do, I’m active.

#187  July 17, 2019, 09:58:05 pm
    • UK
But what if these "no longer active" creators come back and do updates, like how Infinite did earlier this year?
I could play the games, or just watch the videos online, both are what you suggested.
Also when you update your scraps (which I presume are PotS style) they're optimized for your Ikemen game and mostly private.

Update on Terry: I'm planning on re-adding the Round Wave as Terry's EX Power Wave, with the ability to special-cancel from it like in 2002 UM.
WIP Schedule:
Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 10:01:28 pm by RagingRowen
#188  July 17, 2019, 10:06:56 pm
No need to “update” my scraps, because I do, I’m active.
Are you planning to release them outside of fullgame environment?

To be honest if I can choose between your ancient edits (2016/2017) updated to work correctly in mugen and vague perspective of a fullgame that may or may not be released in who knows how many years, I am ok with getting the former. Especially here, with Rowen's support and polishing based on community feedback.
#189  July 17, 2019, 10:09:17 pm
  • "THE WORLD"
finally a good vanessa to make a sprites restoration
#190  July 17, 2019, 10:16:49 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Don't want to be a white knight here but since you mentioned me (again...).
2D4, you want to turn another topic into a drama circus, aren't you?

Wouldn’t it be wiser to edit the characters of creators who are no longer active?

Me, Rowen, Mark or whatever any dude do edits of whatever character we want to.

Or at the very least, actually learn how to update the characters beyond cosmetics?

Most specially Rowen edits are not only about cosmetics/aesthetics. That's why i leave Cody to him.
I think you won't test his last edits like Vanessa, Terry and Goenitz to say that.

You aren’t going to update say DW’s characters better than he.

Why made this type of comparision? Jesus Christ...

Keeping your stuff only on I.K.E.M.E.N and/or in private. Great.

Gui santos needs content for his channel, doesn’t actually seem to keen on “updating” anything unlike the rest of you.

Are you still thinking in that way about that? "Oh, just for content for the channel".
People around here was right about you sometimes 2D4. Just chill and let us still keep doing what we do ok.
#191  July 17, 2019, 10:37:41 pm
    • USA
I swear you guys make it sound as though its a crime to make a full game or something. Last time I checked I worked very hard to give you something before, now I'm selfish to try to do something bigger than before, getting old hearing that. I simply said, your stuff could use more work and if you actually put time into it, you can have that quality. No one says anything at this point because you are all you have left. None of it is a personal attack. You want better characters, is it so bad to learn? I said it though, if you don't care about quality, which you don't looking at all of what you do, ignore it.
Are you planning to release them outside of fullgame environment?

To be honest if I can choose between your ancient edits (2016/2017) updated to work correctly in mugen and vague perspective of a fullgame that may or may not be released in who knows how many years, I am ok with getting the former. Especially here, with Rowen's support and polishing based on community feedback.
You even say it yourself, that "you don't want to wait for that" yet what are you doing now Swit? Suggesting work for someone else to do while you do what? I'm suggesting you learn yourself so you can have good content. None of my stuff is private fyi. How do you have all these edits in the first place? Where were you when I tried doing this the cvsu way, which 99% of these edits come from? I am wrong at thinking you guys actually want better content, only thing I can apologize for. You are okay when the bare minimum. You think my intent is negative, but I want better for you, maybe the reason I bust my ass to bring you something of quality, but nooo its not a Gui edit/update/release. Keep thinking that small minded a## way of thinking. You only think like that if you do nothing yourself, as if creators must abide by your whims.

#192  July 17, 2019, 11:00:45 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Denigrating the topic with such words...

Oh oh hey! Am i insult you or what for you acting like that? Why are you talking like that with Swit?
What i do in my channel is my problem, not yours. I share my edits and new MUGEN content to keep the community relevant on YouTube.
But calling me "trash"? Now i'm sure that you still with your behaviour that you showed so many times, even when you get banned five times.

I'm done with you, the respect i had for you is gone. It's too much ego and childish behaviour from you. :(
#193  July 17, 2019, 11:04:21 pm
    • UK
Ok... to be sorta conclusive here, my idea is adding quality to quantity. It's a chain reaction if you get what I'm saying.
WIP Schedule:
#194  July 17, 2019, 11:10:27 pm
    • USA
You have a fan base. Use it to actually help/teach. You put no effort into these "updates". To me, you don't care about them if you can't even put any time into these works. Yes, that pisses me off. It's not my place to tell anyone anything yes, most people just ignore it. I'm not saying anything to put anyone down(besides you). Things have been stagnate for a while now, people have no choice, but to accept anything they can get their hands on. I apologize for saying that, though I don't want your respect. Sorry for derailing, but I think you all shouldn't be content with this when some of these new guys put hrs/weeks into their stuff, you deserve that same quality if anything. If you really are okay with bare minimum then fine.
#195  July 17, 2019, 11:15:12 pm
    • UK
These paragraphs just give the impression you're taking the edits too seriously. They have fixes and all that jazz, though I do admittedly doubt they'd totally put down the original. I help him and the other out aswell for the sake of making it just right.
WIP Schedule:
#196  July 17, 2019, 11:40:09 pm
    • USA
I’m not talking about you. I said what I said to you, if you don’t want to improve, nothing more to say.

When someone mentions “they are trying to preserve” mugen. All the feedback and no actual updates besides removing a line of code to monetize a “new release”. You are okay with it, so yes it does not matter.

For the record, if it weren’t serious as well you wouldn’t be putting your time into it, why try to downplay our interests? Some of us actually put a lot of time into, as you do yourself, I specifically said such. You can do better, but only if you want to as you suggest. If you don’t care, okay, not my place to convince you.
#197  July 17, 2019, 11:42:48 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
People are free to edit whatever they want. It doesn't matter if the creator is active or not. That's been the way things are here since, what, 2007 or so? More than half of MUGEN's existence. An edit isn't a personal attack, jeez louise.

Gui, you are trash of a person, you are the only one I'm talking shit to. Everything negative only goes towards you lol Where exactly would your channel be if not for someones else content? Why do you use my name in your tags? What do you "actually" do??
Yes, Gui is my new word for "half-ass" No, I don't want drama, yes you are scum its hard not to jab you.
Cut this shit out immediately. Totally unacceptable behavior. C'mon now.

I’m not talking about you. I said what I said to you, if you don’t want to improve, nothing more to say.
It's Rowen's topic, you posted directly after Rowen, and you've never ever seemed wont to use the quote feature, so I'm not sure how you can continue to act surprised that people aren't able to read your mind to know who you're truly talking about at any particular moment in time.
#198  July 17, 2019, 11:52:26 pm
    • USA
The first thing I said, was not a personal attack. The thing to GUI, yes that was. Rowen posted as I was writing, I didn’t need to. The rest yes yes, you are right it was out of line.

Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 12:03:53 am by 2Dee4ever
#199  July 18, 2019, 12:09:31 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
The thing to GUI, yes that was.

So why you won't bring your behaviour against me in private, via PM?
But i don't want any conversation with you 2D4 since you talked to me in that way. I NEVER insult you, in every single moment.

Sorry for that @Jmorph, i'll back on topic now.
#200  July 18, 2019, 12:19:11 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I want to @jmorph and say read from top to bottom, I did use the quote to answer when speaking to more than one. You mixed up me saying it’s a personal attack with me saying my initial feedback wasn’t. It wasn’t a demand the first thing said, a suggestion which the user even said himself probably misreading my intent. Only getting unsavory when mentioning gui. Hey, I followed the rules, you don’t usually listen and just ban, go ahead if you want to.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I read the topic top to bottom before I posted the first time. I also think you are misunderstanding my comment about the personal attacks; perhaps re-reading more carefully will help.

But hopefully this episode can come to an end now. As long as everyone avoids calling people "scum" in the future, there's no real need to take any action at this point.