YesNoOk

God of War III (Read 2367 times)

Started by Epic Winnery, March 21, 2010, 04:19:13 am
Share this topic:
God of War III
#1  March 21, 2010, 04:19:13 am
  • FTW!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPf8qEoXkXc

Watching a little walkthough and I say, I REALLY WANT to ge a PS3 just for this game! So brutal just gets me excited for more.

Liked it? Hated it? Starting to think your pet could be a God of War?
Re: God of War III
#2  March 22, 2010, 02:51:31 am
    • kratos-kreations.webs.com/
I absolutely loved it, but that's obvious since I'm a kratos fanboy. ;P
#3  March 22, 2010, 09:06:43 am
  • Hyper Rainbow!
    • Canada
I actually didn't like it so much.
To me, it was the X-Men: The Last Stand of the God of War franchise. GOW had a lot of clones (Ghost Rider, Conan, Heavenly Sword, X-Men Origins, to name a few. And of course, Dante's Inferno), but this game just felt like another God of War clone. It had Kratos, the voice, the Gods, Zeus, Athena, but something was just missing.
I remember God of War 2 had me in awe when the trailer showed Kratos kicking open a door and revealing three giant horses leading a chariot, and in the game I found out I can actually walk onto each of them as part of a puzzle. Also, the Sisters of Fate were a key element to the game and it was really satisfying to finally find them and... do what you had to with them.

GOW3 just had Kratos going up to Mount Olympus, spend some time there, drop in to see Hades, head to City of Olympia (which is pretty much a similar view as Mount Olympus).

I also remember
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

It had good graphics, fluid animations, and as Kotaku mentioned in their review, the first 10 minutes were amazing.
A lot of people liked the Hades fight, but I didn't feel much for it.
#4  March 22, 2010, 01:52:07 pm
    • Germany
still waiting to get that thing :)
#5  March 22, 2010, 03:31:33 pm
  • "Passin out poison apples..."
To me, it was the X-Men: The Last Stand of the God of War franchise. GOW had a lot of clones (Ghost Rider, Conan, Heavenly Sword, X-Men Origins, to name a few. And of course, Dante's Inferno), but this game just felt like another God of War clone. It had Kratos, the voice, the Gods, Zeus, Athena, but something was just missing.
I remember God of War 2 had me in awe when the trailer showed Kratos kicking open a door and revealing three giant horses leading a chariot, and in the game I found out I can actually walk onto each of them as part of a puzzle. Also, the Sisters of Fate were a key element to the game and it was really satisfying to finally find them and... do what you had to with them.

GOW3 just had Kratos going up to Mount Olympus, spend some time there, drop in to see Hades, head to City of Olympia (which is pretty much a similar view as Mount Olympus).

I also remember

It had good graphics, fluid animations, and as Kotaku mentioned in their review, the first 10 minutes were amazing.
A lot of people liked the Hades fight, but I didn't feel much for it.
to each his own i suppose
but the character art was amazing as well as the boss fights
in short
best way to end the series

"actions have reactions dont be quick quick to judge,
 you may not know the hardships people dont speak of,
 it's best to step back and observe with couth,
 for we all must meet our moment of truth"
 Credit To Yzan
#6  March 22, 2010, 09:38:49 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
God of War 3 felt like a God of War clone.

wat

Not sure if that impression should even be taken seriously, simplification makes everything seem dull and boring.

Sex is just a guy sticking a thing in a girl's thing and they move around and then they fall asleep.
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#7  March 22, 2010, 09:45:45 pm
My dog could be the happiest God I know! But seriously, it looks quite fun, and it kinda makes me wish I had a PS3.
#8  March 23, 2010, 02:33:29 am
    • USA
Great game, I really enjoyed it. Too bad I don't feel like I got my $60 worth due to how short the game is and the fact that there is not that much replay value.
#9  March 23, 2010, 05:23:17 am
  • FTW!!!
At least they should add some DC like extra Bosses.

And to tell the truth, I kinda got dissapointed when Kratos is purely dominating every quick time event. I would like to see an even duke out between Kratos against someone. What I suggest is to have a boss battle purely based on Quick Time Events.

I want to see brutality inflicted onto both. I don't like one sided fights to but it simple.

For the DC boss, I can only think of Shin Gouki ATM

vyn

#10  March 25, 2010, 06:45:16 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
To me, it was the X-Men: The Last Stand of the God of War franchise. GOW had a lot of clones (Ghost Rider, Conan, Heavenly Sword, X-Men Origins, to name a few. And of course, Dante's Inferno), but, blah blah blah

wait what? GTFO
#11  March 25, 2010, 02:39:47 pm
I was enjoying the game, but......

The people's Republic of Australia
Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 03:03:55 pm by Great Leader Kevin Rudd
#12  March 28, 2010, 06:46:03 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
What I suggest is to have a boss battle purely based on Quick Time Events
Fuck that.  When I fight a boss, I want to actually fight it, not watch the same cutscene 50 times in a row while the game tests my twitch reflexes.

I'm liking the game so far, but I'm not as blown away by it as I was expecting to be.  Maybe the trailers raised my expectations to high, but I it isn't as mind-blowingly awesome as I thought it would be.  It just feels like more of the same God of War formula.  Not that that's a bad thing, though.
#13  March 28, 2010, 10:21:59 pm
    • Germany

happened to me as well.

I liked the game. It was good, but it was lacking any kind of memorability. I also enjoyed Bayonetta's fighting system more than GoW3, much less repetitive.
#14  March 29, 2010, 04:53:46 am
  • Dark Templar
I'm Just Bored To Tears
Same Old Shit Just Different Day & Year . . .
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=81512.0
#15  March 30, 2010, 03:10:07 am
  • Change The World With A Gun,One Bullet At A Time
Major stores are just selling the slim models, which are bought fast. You will fing gen 1 models on the internet or most places that sells things used.

PS3 At Best Buy
#16  April 03, 2010, 09:39:20 pm
  • Never give up
Beat the game on normal and Titan. Going to play it on chaos mode soon as well as complete the challenge mode. Still need to unlock that arena mode. I'm guessing that's where you can get the 1,000 hit trophy.

This is the best action game that I've played in a while. I hate using the word "Epic", but that describes that Cronos fight. Toward the end of the labyrinth it gets disgusting repetitive though. That boss Cerberus after the labyrinth almost made me rip my hair out. It took so long to kill it. Playing that on Chaos is going to be pure hell. The ending before the credits made me say "What the f*ck is this $hit?", but the ending after the credits made me feel a bit better.

I hope we can see the true ending one day since the developers mentioned it as possible free DLC.

http://kotaku.com/5493043/if-cut-god-of-war-iii-ending-returns-as-dlc-it-would-be-free

Anyway, time to get back to defeating aphrodite. >:( :S :o
#17  April 04, 2010, 05:29:35 am
  • FTW!!!
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF YYEEEEESSS
#18  April 04, 2010, 10:00:11 am
  • PSN: Cloudius12
    • www.twitter.com/Cloudius12
Playing on Chaos mode at the moment and just started the ending part with the  flaming cerebus. What a bitch to play. The fight before that is hard but the cerebus has HP like a tank.

The challenges are disappointing easy compared to GOW II
#19  April 04, 2010, 01:18:50 pm
  • Never give up
Yeah, that Cerberus has a massive amount of HP for no reason. It gets even worse when those Satyr guys show up. I wish they weren't in the game.

If anyone has a good strategy on beating the Satyrs, let me know. When fighting 1 I just use grab moves, but 2 at the same time? -_-
New #20  April 05, 2010, 05:36:48 am
  • PSN: Cloudius12
    • www.twitter.com/Cloudius12
Seem you cant get the trophies for the 1000 hits in Combat arena, you'll have to do it in the story.

I finally beat the game on Chaos. What a relief. As for the Cerberus battle, I dont use any magic or Rage of Sparta (ROS, which I think is the worst rage in the GOW series) til I am able to rip one head off. After that I go directly to the Satyr and use the gorgon magic from the claws of hades. Break him to pieces and continue fighting the Cerberus as you were. As soon as you are able to rip the next head off, this is when you use all of your magic for Army of Sparta + ROS on the Cerberus and in no time it should have the context sensitive to kill. Fighting the 2 Satyrs is no problem as long as you abuse the grab.
Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 08:21:52 pm by Cloudius