YesNoOk

2022 Character Updates (Read 1207203 times)

Started by PotS, January 15, 2022, 10:28:50 am
Share this topic:
Re: 2022 Character Updates (Guy and Ryu first)
#21  January 15, 2022, 04:08:00 pm
    • Argentina
Glad to see you around again, PotS! It's been a very long time! I'm really happy to see you again!  :hyo:
#22  January 15, 2022, 04:38:50 pm
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
I haven't had Mugen on my PC in years but your updates are more than a reason to redownload the game.  Great to see you again!
Spoiler: Corny joke (click to see content)

#23  January 15, 2022, 04:43:52 pm
  • The answer lies. In the heart of battle.
    • France
    • nakutou@live.fr
I'm SHOOK right now.

The man really is back.
#24  January 15, 2022, 04:45:52 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Welcome back, your projects were some of the first things I ran into when I started getting into mugen content myself years ago, it's great to see you back
#25  January 15, 2022, 05:16:13 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
WHAT YEAR IS IT

:yuno:
#26  January 15, 2022, 05:34:14 pm
    • USA
It's good to see you back, PotS.
#27  January 15, 2022, 05:41:26 pm
    • www.youtube.com/user/anderson505
I can't believe it, I just can't Believe it, welcome back my friend ! awesome thing
hope next will be warusakisan
OMG, It reminds that I have been here for so long, I'm so old
#28  January 15, 2022, 05:46:40 pm
  • The Modern Mystical Ninja
  • Goemon's Descendant
    • Chile
    • Skype - ardilla_shc
    • sites.google.com/view/ganbarelucifermugensite/
The Return Of The King indeed

My god.
"Heroes are not applied on good people with powers, they apply on cops, firefighters, medics." ~Lucifer

#29  January 15, 2022, 05:56:36 pm
  • M.U.G.E.N 4 LIFE!
    • USA
    • suliofthenerdvaid@gmail.com
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwd0KXNN1f_sVI80PHAnWdA
Who would have thought that the king would return this year?! Welcome back POTS
Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 12:48:04 am by SuliOfTheNerdVaid Suli
#30  January 15, 2022, 06:02:16 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Good to see you back, Prince Phillip!

The in-built movelist doesn't change if you're playing Evil/Master Ryu either through pals or their own defs, is that a bug or...? because there doesn't seem to be a point to this feature if Ikemen's own movelist function does the same but it would at least let you give the alternate defs their own movelist file.
#31  January 15, 2022, 06:13:50 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Thanks for the kind words.

WHAT YEAR IS IT

:yuno:
;D

-Has literally no problems with Guy outside of his damage. Compared to his older versions, he feels SERIOUSLY biffed. Literally, comparing his X, X, Y, Z, d,db, b, PP combos, you can tell your new version got ~25% boost. Is it intended?
It's intended, yes. I realized the older characters did puny damage from pokes. It's been a while, but I think they were like that because I originally based their damages around Mugen standards (e.g. 20, 40, 60 for normal attacks) before I started using game data. Compared to a moderately accurate SF character that's very low.

Your particular example of the Bushin chain does seem a bit overpowered because it has a lot more utility than in the source games. I'll look into it.

-Now with Ryu it's more interesting, but I'll start off with a nitpick: are 6th hits of EX Tatsumakis intended?
It was. But now that you mention it, several SF games have come out since I made the character and I think it does 5 hits there. I may change it for consistency.

-Kaze no Ken is a really nice addition to Ryu
Thanks. He needed a better Level 2 and I think Reppu Jinrai Shou works a lot better in its current place.

but why its Red CLSN lasts for his whole stance? Isn't counter moves' deal to be punishable as hell on wrong read? The way this move is RN, with Red CLSN for its almost whole length and being able to catch the hits of all 3 directions (Standing, Crouching and Airborne), this move looks anything BUT pinishable.
You're right. I was afraid it'd be useless like most counter supers and may have made it too strong. Will look into it.

-Evil Ryu's EX Hadoken still puts fire on the opponent.
Messed that up when copy/pasting code. Will fix.

-Evil Ryu's EX Tatsumaki voiceline is noticeably less lous than his other ones. The same goes to Evil Ryu's moan on collapse after Ryukoku Hadoken.
I didn't change that, so you're the first one to point it out. Will look into it.

OMG, It reminds that I have been here for so long, I'm so old
I know. It's weird to think I last released something almost exactly 12 years ago.

The in-built movelist doesn't change if you're playing Evil/Master Ryu either through pals or their own defs, is that a bug or...? because there doesn't seem to be a point to this feature if Ikemen's own movelist function does the same but it would at least let you give the alternate defs their own movelist file.
That's odd. It does change in mine.
I'm still debating on whether the movelists stay or not, but I'm inclined to adding them to every character.
Ikemen's movelist feature may have partially inspired me to add them, but I thought people using Mugen need it too.

Almost the same could be said for the stun system. But more than a cute feature I realized the stun mechanic is integral to SF characters. It's a perfect marriage with Ryu since he already had two moves that did stun, but I'm planning to add it to every character as well.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#32  January 15, 2022, 06:14:58 pm
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA
welcome back, man.
#33  January 15, 2022, 06:36:46 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.

TL;DR:

GUY

RYU

Ah, great to see you again, PotS! ^w^

Ryu and Guy seem pretty good so far.

Although I’m personally not really a big fan of the white flashes during the super finish and a successful Kaze No Ken, they kind of hurt my eyes.

Also, I saw someone say that Ryu’s opponent can get stuck when Kaze no Ken’s canceled into a level 1 super.

Still, their pretty great updates, and I look forward to seeing what you do with updates to your other characters.
#34  January 15, 2022, 06:40:26 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Putting the usual loud cheering and praise and actual feedback aside it's nice of you to add author addendums to your def files so we don't override another author's characters we may wanna keep.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#35  January 15, 2022, 06:49:25 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
That's odd. It does change in mine.
I went and double checked to make sure I wasn't seeing things and...the movelist function does work fine on mugen 1.1, but not on Ikemen Go 0.98.1

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Probably an engine issue and not an error on your end, so I'll go bug Khatos and Gacel.
#36  January 15, 2022, 06:55:24 pm
  • #1 Boss Lady
    • UK
This is huge. Welcome back!
#37  January 15, 2022, 06:55:50 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
Has the world gone mad!!!!
#38  January 15, 2022, 07:05:20 pm
    • Chile
Just tested Ryu. Feels different from the original in a good way, can't really pinpoint what is it, but feels more enjoyable. I really liked the Shinkuu Hadoken. Also, the default pallete looks really good.

Nice to see a legend!
#39  January 15, 2022, 07:09:30 pm
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Wow one thing I didn't expect this year was POTS returning with updates because of Ikemen GO, very much putting said engine in high regard now. I do enjoy CC being a lot longer now with more visual cues that it's about to end as well as the effects being a whole lot more chunkier than before.
#40  January 15, 2022, 07:13:15 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
I'm about as gobsmacked as the rest of y'all, but that's not my focus.
My focus for this post is unleashing feedback!

I'm using JtheSaltyy's edit of Stupa's Training for this.

Hitsparks are okay but I feel like they could A. Be Higher-Res, B. Use Stronger Colors.
I also personally like the way you made wall-bounce have P2 home in on Ryu/Guy somewhat, it makes followups easier.

Ryu:
- Could Joudan and Ryusokyaku (outside of Master Mode) not be HCF (the real command) instead of QCF?
- EX Joudan is awkward in the corner since fighters switch sides during the bounce.
- Shinkuu Hadouken can be problematic at times because there's points where only a few of its hitpoints will hit for certain combos.
- P2 freezes when you go from Kaze No Ken into Denjin. https://streamable.com/jfxftj
Guy:
- Might I suggest giving Bushin Izuna Otoshi a separate command? It'll make it easier for when I want to use Izuna no Hiji Otoshi instead.
- Bushin Hassou Ken should launch air P2 a bit higher since it won't connect fully from, for example, Houzantou.
- Bushin Musou Renge is a bit strange with the Alpha Hitsounds.

Other suggestions would be adding a config for A. Stun, in-case you prefer to not have it for consistency purposes, and B. Movelists, so you don't accidentally do it in a match or something.
I'm also conflicted by Custom Combo becoming 2 Bars. I understand that it got more time, but I feel like it needs something else to be more viable in a real match, like being able to cancel into it.

I lastly wonder what evilryu_preload.sff is about. Is it an Ikemen leftover by chance?
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update