YesNoOk

COTM: Nominating, Voting, and Suggestions (Read 337045 times)

Started by RajaaBoy, April 03, 2011, 06:26:45 pm
Share this topic:
COTM: Nominating, Voting, and Suggestions
#1  April 03, 2011, 06:26:45 pm
    • Thailand
The rules are simple:

1. Only characters of the given month can be nominated for the given month. You can't nominate a character that was released in May for the Character of the Month poll of September.

2. You can only nominate a total of 4 characters per month.

3. You cannot nominate updates to characters that have previously won Character of the Month.

4. A single character can only win Character of the Month once. Don't even bother nominating characters that are in the Hall of Fame.

5. Nominations last up to 15 days; Voting lasts 15 days.

6. When a character is nominated three times, it becomes a candidate for the poll of the given month.

7. List the number of nominations a character has when you post your nomination. This means read the thread before you post your nominations. Example: Dhalsim by RajaaBoy - 2

8. Don't nominate a character that has already been selected as a candidate. Again, this means you should actually read the thread.

9. There is a maximum of 20 candidates for any given month.

10. Everyone will be given 2 votes and the results won't be revealed until the poll expires.

Here are some simple guidelines to follow when nominating characters for The Character of the Month Poll. These guidelines make things flow smoothly, so please keep them in mind.

Nominating

1. Only nominate characters who you want to see as character of the month. Remember, you can only nominate 4 characters, so you can't just nominate a bunch of characters just because you can nominate them.

2. Anybody can nominate any character. Don't bash somebody because they nominate their own character or because the character they nominated is "crappy."

3. Be specific about the character you nominate. Don't post: "All of Jmorphman's characters."

4. Feel free to discuss in the character of the month threads about who you voted for or who you think will win, etc.

Templates to create the winners awards can be found here
http://network.mugenguild.com/justnopoint/stuff/COTMTemplate.rar
http://network.mugenguild.com/justnopoint/stuff/COTMComplete.rar
Cheers, MFG Team.
Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 05:34:24 pm by Just No Point

Cap

Re: How to Nominate and Vote
#2  April 03, 2011, 06:31:36 pm
  • Get your hands off of me, you damn dirty ape!
    • USA
Glad to see the nomination was included. This should add an extra bit of interactivity between regular posters and creators.
#3  April 03, 2011, 06:32:39 pm
  • MUGEN THe DReam COme TRue
Yes! nice idea bring this from MI, i have 3 chars in ma mind  :sugoi:
#4  April 03, 2011, 06:33:57 pm
A character of the month section for MGF? Interesting 8)

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#5  April 03, 2011, 07:45:05 pm
    • Chile
Two questions:

What in case of draw?

How many characters can I nominate?

GOH

#6  April 03, 2011, 07:59:28 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
#7  April 03, 2011, 08:07:21 pm
    • Chile
I was thinkg that was the amount of definitives candidates, not just nominates. Sorry my english.
#8  April 03, 2011, 08:31:46 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
If this would be just like in MI, you can nominate even 500 chars if you want :P but only the most voted will be part of the nominees (20 max) :P

Always I though this was MI only, good to see this here in Guild :D

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#9  April 03, 2011, 08:46:12 pm
  • Trying now to act normal
    • https://onedrive.live.com/?id=7DB65F02B0BBD12E!105&cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
And add one more feature:  after a finalist spawns have somebody write a full review on it  :)
* Pleasing other people is nice, but when creating for Mugen, you're supposed to please yourself first. -- Cybaster
#10  April 03, 2011, 08:52:45 pm
    • Thailand
What in case of draw?
Usually, both character would get the victory. Do you suggest some sort of tie breaker or something?

How many characters can I nominate?
As said, you can nominate as much as you want, but there can only be 20 candidates.

GG Rajaa.

Are you gonna stop doing MI's? Lulz.
An average of about 28 people vote on Mugen Infantry because half of the users don't know anything except random insanity. Unfortunately, I'm still giving M.I. a chance to redeem itself (unlike many others). So, I am still going to do it there for the time being.

Always I though this was MI only, good to see this here in Guild :D
We stole it and we're going to make it better. :twisted:

And add one more feature:  after a finalist spawns have somebody write a full review on it  :)
That sounds like a really good idea. I don't know if I'd be up for reviewing every character, but it's a nice idea. We'll see after the end of this month. :)
#11  April 03, 2011, 08:59:29 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
#12  April 04, 2011, 01:15:20 am
  • Democracy is non-negotiable.
  • coding nearly done, supers and AI left.
    • USA
    • www.patreon.com/melcore?fan_landing=true&view_as=public
Hmmm this defiantly will encourage character creation, I like the idea of doing it here also not just at MI, when does it begin? 
#13  April 04, 2011, 01:16:15 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Will there be a CotM January/February '11?
#14  April 04, 2011, 01:20:09 am
    • USA
Usually, both character would get the victory. Do you suggest some sort of tie breaker or something?

Put both chars on mugen, select watch mode, the one with the best AI shall prevail...  8)

...and yeah if one char is KOF style and the other GGXX style then the KOF one will be in a world of pain  :P

Cap

#15  April 04, 2011, 01:30:28 am
  • Get your hands off of me, you damn dirty ape!
    • USA
I hope that was sarcasm.
#16  April 04, 2011, 01:52:03 am
    • Thailand
Will there be a CotM January/February '11?
Does everyone thing there should be? I don't mind running three polls at the same time.

A tie breaker seems good...
What kind of tie breaker?

Put both chars on mugen, select watch mode, the one with the best AI shall prevail...  8)

...and yeah if one char is KOF style and the other GGXX style then the KOF one will be in a world of pain  :P
Lol. A funny, but impractical solution!

#17  April 04, 2011, 02:04:21 am
    • USA
Does everyone thing there should be? I don't mind running three polls at the same time.

Nah, its not like its important, if someone released a char in such date they can just update them and be a valid option on next months.

What kind of tie breaker?

We don't really need a tie breaker but if you wish for it the best solution is to make another poll that lasts for a short span of time, letting people break the tie... or just flip a coin IRL and decide by yourself :P BUT MAKE SURE YOU RECORD YOURSELF BECAUSE WE WANNA KNOW IF YOU CHEATED OR NOT.

I hope that was sarcasm.

Lol. A funny, but impractical solution!

LMAO!  ;P
Re: Character of the Month: March 2011 - Nominations
#18  April 04, 2011, 11:38:16 am
    • Thailand
people should be restricted to a certain number of nominations, otherwise they pretty much nominate everything, it's quite weird to see up to 8 nominations on a single post, and the user may post again nominating even more  --;

What about a template about how to post here? Because to be honest it's quite easier if we use numbers instead of words to indicate how many nominations a character has, something like:

Goku Z2 by Alexlexus - 1

that would be fine by me, and it's quite easy to keep track of the number instead of having to read the beggining of every nomination carefully.
I fucking posting a link to the guidelines and even posted a fucking example of how to post in the thread. Fucking people don't read shit. Likes it's hard to read the post before yours. And restricting nominations is a good idea; it will take effect next month.

READ THE FUCKING THREAD PEOPLE.

[/morning grumpiness]

Re: Re: Character of the Month: March 2011 - Nominations
#19  April 04, 2011, 11:45:08 am
    • USA
I suggest including the "must use numbers" rule so people take it as a rule instead of just an example.

also I suggest telling people to mark in red when they are nominating a char that gets 3 votes to make it even easier to identify if the char got the required nominations or not.

Example of normal nomination:

Totally accurate "KOF: KYO" Shingo by ahuron - 1

Example of character who reaches 3 nominations:

Female Piccolo by Mahboy - 3

Where  :???:
Goku Z2 by Alexlexus - 1
:wink3:

That's not fair, it was an example, not an actual nomination  :P
#20  April 04, 2011, 12:03:24 pm
    • Thailand
I just want people to list the numbers. I switched those guidelines to the rules like you suggested. People still aren't going to follow them, though. Unless I start disregarding posts that don't follow the rules. :twisted:

And I'm still going to have to make sure every nomination is counted for by reading every post. Doesn't take long.