YesNoOk

Reu's Evil Homer, share or not to share ? (Read 79309 times)

Started by Warner, April 28, 2008, 09:31:53 am

Poll

Share Reu's Evil Homer or not to share it ?

PRIVATE (nobody can have it )
28 (23%)
ONLY IF REQUEST ME by MAIL
9 (7.4%)
SHARE TO EVERYBODY
85 (69.7%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Voting closed: May 03, 2008, 11:48:33 pm

Re: Reu's Evil Homer, share or not to share ?
#101  April 29, 2008, 04:16:39 am
Well, I think it is perfectly O.K., as Reu is opensource.
Jango said:
Robert the small said:
OH, SO YOU WANNA FIGHT!? I'LL SHALALY YA, YA DRIED UP STINKY DICKLICKER!
MY RAPEFEST WILL BE SO GREAT YOU'LL HAVE TO SHUT DOWN YOUR YOUTUBE ACCOUNT LIKE FLOOFIEKUN
#102  April 29, 2008, 04:27:10 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
I WAS CALLED UPON BY HE-WHO-MUST-NOT-BE-NAMED TO POST THIS:
Newsflash: most of the old-timers in the English community really don't like Warner. It's just that some of us were more vocal than others. Not even Reu approved of the multi timed thief, but he was generally too nice to bring it up often. It's not like he really needed to though, as there were enough calls to throw the bum out as is, which is exactly what happened.

Hell, the only people I can think of that actually backed Warner were other latin americans, and even then it was a stretch. Now he has a more international group of people willing to overlook his dishonesty to get something "new," but it doesn't change the fact that he never will change.
#103  April 29, 2008, 04:29:53 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#104  April 29, 2008, 04:31:24 am
  • Master of the palm and foot.
    • randomselect.piiym-net.com/
@aZ Cal: Find TMasta's comments somewhere and go away.
this was takin the wrong way how?

How about "we already had the last word for what Reu thought of a scenario like this. Permission for pieces of something != the whole. See: Holy Ken. But you two are bringing up statements regarding pieces of a character. Do you understand now?

@Warner:
But i can do it without that serious errors he mention.

Then you should be able to code him yourself too, no?

This whole mess reminds me of "God Ryu" awhile back, where people begged for the character but it was a spriteswap of a God Rugal and nothing else.
#105  April 29, 2008, 05:11:49 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Oh shit, I feel like someone can die in a car accident (old "joke" from Guild :sugoi:) just for posting here...

Warner, I recommend you to release Evil Homer as a patch instead a character, it's a better way those guys don't bother you with this and summoning Reu unnecessarily (guild guys, let his soul rest in peace for once instead still fullfill your mouth with "in the name of Reu, blah blah blah", ok??) and by that way all of us can enjoy with this cool creation ;)

And one more thing... why all of you post against Warner, if you still "allowed" warehouses and stolen creations of another guys?? when the old and ultra-strict rules are back??

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#106  April 29, 2008, 05:20:48 am
  • Nice Is Different From Good
    • www.freewebs.com/mommamugen/
I took it upon myself to write this:

Newsflash: I find it hard to believe that a few bad things can make a person over-look alot of the good - Time to get over his past (We all learn eventually..)

Warner es demasiado agradable ser malo
#107  April 29, 2008, 05:28:36 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
*Insert some rather quick, cheap, poorly worded jabs aimed at the other party*
See, these kind of posts are the ones that keep the discussion going ang going and don't contribute at all.
Oh and both read the thread carefully AND learn some english.

He CAN'T RELEASE THIS as a patch, his "patch" would be pretty much every file but the .cmd, extremely pointless.

if you don't want 2 chars with the same gameplay, just take one of them (homero or ken)...simple as that.

I see no reason to get him private...cause that is what I hate the most...call me leecher of you wanted, but I like to have differents chars of any kind,
Nothing bad with being a leecher.
What bugs me is your first comment, why the hell not have both with different gameplay?
Nah nevermind, the answer is clear, because Warner doesn't want to. Because he forcefully wants this to remain as an Evil Ken carbon coby. Because it stirs drama and it makes him popular.
and I feel this Homero like a tribute.
Stop calling it homage, tribute or parody (This character, at his current half assed state isn't nowhere near to those, and probably never be), that's almost as bad as the people talking for Reu.
A homage/parody/tribute would be something that Reu would do with equal or better quality; just replacing some sprites and leaving the gameplay and moves untouched it's more of an insult.
#108  April 29, 2008, 06:44:08 am
  • Sucks to your Numerology!
(guild guys, let his soul rest in peace for once instead still fullfill your mouth with "in the name of Reu, blah blah blah", ok??)

He's got it.  Reuben Kee was an ordinary human being who happened to be really good at MUGEN coding, music composition, and was by all accounts a really nice guy.  Sadly, he passed away in a boating accident.

Unfortunately, a lot of people seem to think that he is either A: an uber-holy saint who must be held above all other living beings in the highest respect, and B: speaks to them personally from beyond the grave.  At the rate things are going, in about a month someone will declare Evil Ken "undownloadable" "out of respect," or something strange like that.

Really.  This whole conversation is goofy, and I don't think that it's had much to do with "honoring Reu" as it has puffing u p a lot of stupid egos.

Now you can never unsee it.
#109  April 29, 2008, 06:47:34 am
    • Germany
Reu was okay with the open source idea, he sent a pm asking me to "shed some light on this for him" in August, I explained our stance, and he thought it was okay and went on posting about his WIPs.

"spokesperson", yah. Well what's there to speak for, Reu himself could say he didn't want it, I would still encourage Warner to go through with this :P
#110  April 29, 2008, 10:26:23 am
  • Sonic stage creator
    • www.freewebs.com/ultimategokuex/index.htm
I disagree with the topic of releasing it
i just dont think its right  :-\
I mean its not that hard to code a character all you need to do is learn
it didnt take me long
Im voting private  :P
#111  April 29, 2008, 01:12:55 pm
  • Veamos chicas!
    • El Salvador
it didnt take me long

that's your reason ?
Listen kid, i know to code.
after making this i released some chars with my own code:
The thing, Leela, Peter Griffin, Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl, Big Chicken, Fred Flinstone.
nobody say anything about it.
I clearly said why i use Reu code for this one, and this is the last time i use code of someone else, i don't need to do that anymore.
No estaba muerto
#112  April 29, 2008, 01:22:40 pm
  • Sonic stage creator
    • www.freewebs.com/ultimategokuex/index.htm
it didnt take me long

that's your reason ?
Listen kid, i know to code.
after making this i released some chars with my own code:
The thing, Leela, Peter Griffin, Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl, Big Chicken, Fred Flinstone.
nobody say anything about it.
I clearly said why i use Reu code for this one, and this is the last time i use code of someone else, i don't need to do that anymore.
Ok  thats good to hear :laugh:
#113  April 29, 2008, 01:37:21 pm
  • Master of the palm and foot.
    • randomselect.piiym-net.com/
and this is the last time i use code of someone else

Yet you said that before.

Really, you can't at least just code it yourself in homage to the original? I think even just borrowing what you needed for referencing would turn out far better than taking the whole damn pie in terms of something worth a damn.
#114  April 29, 2008, 02:58:50 pm
  • LMAO!
You're wasting your time. He's going to release it anyway. All you can do is despise him, I guess.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
[/center]
#115  April 29, 2008, 03:01:17 pm
  • SSBB owns!!
    • www.bmarquis.com/forum/index.php
You make a good point there.

Let's Go!!! But PM me if you added me.
#116  April 29, 2008, 04:39:42 pm
  • Havenot Supreme
(guild guys, let his soul rest in peace for once instead still fullfill your mouth with "in the name of Reu, blah blah blah", ok??)

He's got it.  Reuben Kee was an ordinary human being who happened to be really good at MUGEN coding, music composition, and was by all accounts a really nice guy.  Sadly, he passed away in a boating accident.

Unfortunately, a lot of people seem to think that he is either A: an uber-holy saint who must be held above all other living beings in the highest respect, and B: speaks to them personally from beyond the grave.  At the rate things are going, in about a month someone will declare Evil Ken "undownloadable" "out of respect," or something strange like that.

Really.  This whole conversation is goofy, and I don't think that it's had much to do with "honoring Reu" as it has puffing u p a lot of stupid egos.

I agree. That's the thing that really gets under my skin, people who didn't even know this guy (or didn't like him) all of a sudden throwing his name out there in arguments. That's really distasteful. As for evil homer, who cares if he releases it? This community has seen enough of this to already know how to handle it.

Reu's legacy is established, he made highly respected/highly criticized mugen works. Evil Ken introduced me to mugen way back when. There is no edit, swap, copy, rip off, ect. that can tarnish what he made himself. If you so-called "defenders of his legacy" have true motives of respect to Reu, then maybe there's a better way of doing so. For those of us who have been around for a while, or long enough to know community history: It's on you guys to keep the new users informed if you really feel so strongly about others' work getting reused and forgotten......which in the case of evil ken will never happen.

@ KFM: one of these days you'll realize you can't police the internet. Let it go.
#117  April 29, 2008, 04:43:01 pm
  • SNK is life
#118  April 29, 2008, 04:57:49 pm
Im voting share to everybody.
#119  April 29, 2008, 05:23:38 pm
  • Clone 0001 Ver 1.0
    • www.fotolog.com/saikyo_student

Try again,kid...
The Saikyo Student´s videos
http://es.youtube.com/profile?user=SaikyoStudent
#120  April 29, 2008, 05:47:16 pm
Saikyo, if that is true, then why is his Homer, Peter, Luigi, and Wario all sprite swapped?  Homer isn't exactly his first character, either
"With ignorance and arrogance, success is assured."
~Mark Twain
Sig by TempesT