YesNoOk

Introduction Thread (INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO THE COMMUNITY HERE) (Read 3143506 times)

Started by shin. [OFWGKTA], July 07, 2007, 01:29:07 am
Share this topic:
Re: Introduction Thread (INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO THE COMMUNITY HERE)
#2021  October 21, 2015, 10:31:02 pm
  • No waifu no laifu
    • USA
    • srsnugglebunz@gmail.com
Hi everyone! my name is Franco... Im from Argentina.
Im a huge fan of fighting games and Im trying to make one of my own (some day).
I always read the forums but never post anything... guest its time!
Hope you can help me and I will share my progress with you.
Greetings and sorry for my english

Your English is correct for the most part, so props on that. There is a help section you can visit, so don't be shy to ask for help there. Welcome, Franco! Welcome to you as well, Mete!
#2022  October 22, 2015, 10:26:57 am
  • The MUGEN Geek of Barangay Bambang
    • Philippines
My name is Ram. I am 13 years old, and I like my laptop PC! I am also an avid M.U.G.E.N programmer.

www.youtube.com/asw9243
#2023  October 30, 2015, 11:19:15 am
    • USA
Hi, I'm Cro/Corbin, I'm 20-something and for the longest time the only fighting game I'd play was Super Smash Bros because I was crap at button imputs, but I got into Skullgirls with the kickstarter some two years ago and thought I'd join this forum because of the interesting Skullgirls related goodies I was seeing on here. Hopefully I can get more into M.U.G.E.N in general too, because it seems very interesting!
#2024  October 30, 2015, 09:16:41 pm
  • The Forsaken Warrior
  • Let us grieve existence, together.
    • Mexico
hi, my friends call me Tony, i like videogames as a hobby, my favorite genre is fighting games, so i found mugen, and i like how is very customisable, i found this place, and i really like it, its very interesting and fun, so yeah, hello everyone. :)
#2025  October 30, 2015, 10:30:35 pm
  • No waifu no laifu
    • USA
Hey, guys! Welcome to MFG! Enjoy you stay.

(Fighting games are my favorite, too.)
#2026  November 04, 2015, 10:19:39 am
  • Michael Romance
  • I wish you peace!
    • Brazil
Hi guys, I am an art admirer and I try sometimes do some. But rarely leaves good thing. So, I already have done some few posts a long time ago here, but I had not introduced myself to community.
#2027  November 23, 2015, 12:22:00 pm
  • I don't care if you're Bison or Sheep!
    • UK
Hi guys. I'm making a fighting game, and MUGEN is probably the most incredible fight engine out there at the moment. Lost many, many hours in saltybet and have wrangled with character creating many times... Led me here!
#2028  November 29, 2015, 11:53:07 pm
    • USA
Hey Guys, I'm Chaossy, and I wanted to try out Mugen!
#2029  December 01, 2015, 01:22:43 am
    • Canada
Hello everyone, I've hovered around the forums for a few years watching things happen and decided to join in. Hopefully I'll be able to have some input to the community that seems useful.
Current Project: ????? ???
Projects
#2030  December 04, 2015, 11:27:54 pm
    • Canada
Salutation everyone. I've been on and off playing Mugen since my college days. I remember my class was trying to make a 3d fighting game from the Torque engine... that flopped big time. Not much of a programmer, tweaking yes, but I'm mostly an Illustrator. Perhaps one day I can make the characters I made in college sprite form.
#2031  December 05, 2015, 03:34:39 pm
  • Getting better, still a long way to go
    • UK
Welp, first time doing this so here goes XD
My name is Sandy Morrison (And yes, i am a guy. You may laugh XD) and i consider myself a fighting game fanatic. I've played dozens of fighting games, like SF 2-4 + Alpha series, KoF 98, 2002, XII and XIII, BlazBlue Chronophantasm and Calamity Trigger, MK 1-3 + Armageddon 9 and X, Guilty Gear XRD, TEKKEN 2, 5, 6 and Tag Tournament 2, Virtua Fighter 4 and 5, you get the idea i play a shit ton of fighting games XD. Anyway, for years now i have been studying the creation of fighting games, the inner mechanisms that make them all work, and have been intrigued to no end. I have tried many software's, MUGEN, Fighter Maker 2d, EF-12, Unreal (Was shit at it XD), Unity UFE etc. I am currently working on something but not enough to showcase. Maybe in a few months ;) It is a pleasure to be on the forum, and it seems thoroughly interesting. Like what even is Torque? Well, i've rambled on long enough. Thank you for reading
#2032  December 07, 2015, 12:02:30 pm
  • Your MUGENite next door.
My name is Jesus Pamintuan and i was one of those guys that was disappointed by crossover fighting games like MvC, CvS and SvC Chaos which were great nonetheless. it was until out of curiosity i tried out Mugen and it was great. with enough developing skills, you could basically make a fully-fledged fighting game.
#2033  December 07, 2015, 10:55:35 pm
  • ╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Whelp...Hello!
I've been lurking here for like 2 years so i decided to register.
Other than that, i'm not the best fightning game player(i'm realy bad), neither have i played many fighters having just played Tekken 2 to 5, Soul Calibur for Dreamcast  and Soul Calibur 3, and now days i play Blazblue now and then.
For what i remember i discovered Mugen trough youtube and i think its was 2 Morrigans raping eachother....yeah, and from then out i watched stuff Byougga's Dante and Vergil and some MvC characters but i didn't really care much for it,.
But then MvC3 came out and boy did i want it but i didn't have a PS3 nor the money for it...so i remembered those Mugen videos i saw, so i downloaded it as an alternative, and i liked it lot and played Mugen almost every day for about a year i guess.
I also tried making a character i whent to a toturial with fighter Factory opened with a template, after reading a bit i fell asleep, and i never tried again after that lel.
Also kinda wanted to try spritting...but i'm horrible at drawing(even tough people say i'm good)
Mugen also made me interesed in comics(espeacially Marvel) and Manga/Anime and sometimes have read, funny that.

And dats mha story.
End
#2034  December 08, 2015, 07:52:59 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Glad to have you guys around. If any of you have questions feel free to ask away! Post, interact, have fun, and let me know if there are any ways I can enhance your experiences on the forum!
#2035  December 08, 2015, 11:20:28 pm
  • No waifu no laifu
    • USA
...let me know if there are any ways I can enhance your experiences on the forum!

Some milk and cookies would be nice. OH, and a foot rub would be delightful. :P
Anyways, welcome, newcomers! Hope you guys enjoy yourselves!
#2036  December 14, 2015, 06:19:54 am
  • Thanks for all the help!
    • USA
Hello everyone,

Golden Era Gaming here and I've been a mugen player for many many years.

I started when I was a child. I first came in contact with mugen at age 11 or 12.

However, the games were far too difficult to make and I found every release to be broken.

I left the scene to pursue life and have accomplished many things but lately, I've been playing mugen again.

I'm putting together a compilation of the best of the best and my dream is to release a fully realized mugen fighter with balance and all of the beauty of a real fighting game.

I know this will be a long road but I hope everyone will join me and give me guidance.

I've been uploading various stuff to my youtube channel "golden era gaming" and the latest can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RpKIV3TZmw

I want to thank all of the content creators and this wonderful staff for putting many of the files I needed in one place!

Thank you all for reading and thank you for keeping this dream alive.
#2037  December 18, 2015, 08:04:36 am
    • Indonesia
Hi everyone, I'm Daggio and I'm from Indonesia. I just got a hand on MUGEN about one or two weeks ago, and have been having fun adding characters into it. I still don't know how to edit anything, but I'm hoping I can create my custom MUGEN game

I'm basically a programmer, so if there's any help on how to get started on coding MUGEN that'd be great! I can't draw (at all) so I don't know how to edit a character without drawing anything....

right now, here's my MUGEN game, just one fight, and I think it's pretty good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXyShPHcSOs

#2038  December 18, 2015, 11:07:00 am
    • USA
Hi everyone.  I'm chronoxiong from California.  I just recently started playing all these MUGEN games and became a fan of them.  I always have heard about MUGEN back a few years ago but never took the time to download and play them.  So yeah, I'm just here to check out the latest projects so I can try them out.  I also have a youtube channel where I play these games here:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuwiL_q0waJ02XNIH8aYgkQ

Check it out and thanks!
#2039  December 21, 2015, 04:05:45 pm
    • Algeria
Hi Guys. i'am mounir and i am from Algeria. i am here cuz i wana make my own mugen. my frnd think its unbalanced engine and its not worth  the time u spent on it
is that true :)
#2040  December 21, 2015, 07:27:03 pm
  • Thanks for all the help!
    • USA
Hi Guys. i'am mounir and i am from Algeria. i am here cuz i wana make my own mugen. my frnd think its unbalanced engine and its not worth  the time u spent on it
is that true :)

Yes lol

An no lbvs