• USA
The temptation to click is very powerful... but I must resist. T_T
Re: KoF XV
#1522  August 21, 2021, 09:26:54 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Oh well...
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I hope this means we will get an official gameplay trailer soon enough.
#1523  August 21, 2021, 10:24:10 pm
    • USA
Spoiler: "More like wondering" (click to see content)

Nowadays, if that DOES indeed happen, she might be done as a solo DLC character instead, which wasn't possible back in 2003.
#1524  August 22, 2021, 12:27:04 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
We also got to see the UI finally! It looks really good!
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#1525  August 22, 2021, 01:20:28 am
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190
The power gauge looks like a keep-out tape that the police use. That leak is problematic but at least the roster is safe for now.  SNK might have to go into damage control. This isn't new it happened last time and it was the whole roster.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fighters/comments/p8pyc9/the_king_of_fighters_xv_mainvisual_japanese/

As for the release date could be a placeholder.

This site is the reason for the leaks. This store was released by mistake
https://www.yodobashi.com/product/100000001006419557/
#1526  August 22, 2021, 01:31:34 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Spoiler: UI thoughts (click to see content)
#1527  August 22, 2021, 01:47:51 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Spoiler: "More like wondering" (click to see content)

Nowadays, if that DOES indeed happen, she might be done as a solo DLC character instead, which wasn't possible back in 2003.

Haha, no, no way in hell they'll keep her out of the game, not with the way they've been pushing her.
#1528  August 22, 2021, 04:07:11 am
The power gauge looks like a keep-out tape that the police use. That leak is problematic but at least the roster is safe for now.  SNK might have to go into damage control. This isn't new it happened last time and it was the whole roster.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fighters/comments/p8pyc9/the_king_of_fighters_xv_mainvisual_japanese/

As for the release date could be a placeholder.

This site is the reason for the leaks. This store was released by mistake
https://www.yodobashi.com/product/100000001006419557/

I kind of don't want it to be safe? With every character revealed, I go back and forth between thinking the game will have a large roster, or it'll cut corners because of the enhanced graphics. At this point, I want to know exactly what we're getting so I can stop being frustrated about it.
#1529  August 22, 2021, 04:38:54 am
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
This time they haven't cut corners I feel this time they made a good first impression.
#1530  August 22, 2021, 05:22:04 am
It's cutting corners if they're downscaling the roster from last game.
#1531  August 22, 2021, 06:42:16 am
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
They haven't revealed the final starting roster yet.
#1532  August 22, 2021, 06:53:13 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
#1533  August 22, 2021, 09:09:31 am
    • Brazil
It's cutting corners if they're downscaling the roster from last game.

It's really not.

Actually, it is. We can see that they're reusing assets from KoF XIV. All returning characters from that game have the same models and animations, with minor adjustments. Reducing the roster is definitely cutting corners when you're copying and pasting stuff from the previous game, unless they add a LOT of new characters (or characters returning from pre-XVI games).

lui

#1534  August 22, 2021, 11:56:30 am
    • USA
who said theyre reducing the roster
#1535  August 22, 2021, 03:09:06 pm
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
This is just a case of jumping to conclusions. Some new characters have been revealed some brand new, regulars, and some that haven't been in KOF for a while.

Anyway here's the key visual of the box art

Don't forget there is a possibility of extra characters and stages as DLC.
Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 03:28:02 am by videoman
#1536  August 22, 2021, 05:27:10 pm
Team Japan isn't a thing. Same with Team Yagami. No Team Mexico, so maybe no Angel. Athena left the Psycho Soldiers, so maybe no Kensou or Chin. And if Heidern, Ash, and K' are a team, then that possibly means no Whip, no Elizabeth (because her and Ash teaming up after XIII&XIV would make the most sense), and no Kula&Maxima.

Maybe I am jumping to conclusions, but it's hard not to when they keep shuffling the roster around and leave us in suspense.
#1537  August 22, 2021, 05:30:47 pm
who said theyre reducing the roster
No one said "they're reducing the roster". One guy is saying "I'm afraid the enhanced graphics mean they'll cut corners <=> they'll reduce the roster". It's one person saying they're afraid it'll end up like that, not that it's going to happen.
Team Japan isn't a thing. Same with Team Yagami. No Team Mexico, so maybe no Angel. Athena left the Psycho Soldiers, so maybe no Kensou or Chin. And if Heidern, Ash, and K' are a team, then that possibly means no Whip, no Elizabeth, and no Kula&Maxima.
That, though, is WAY overthinking it. While I personally wouldn't mind Chin getting the boot, it's ridiculous to imagine Heidern, Ash and K' are a team just because they appear next to each other on the box art.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1538  August 24, 2021, 04:27:40 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Team Japan isn't a thing. Same with Team Yagami. No Team Mexico, so maybe no Angel. Athena left the Psycho Soldiers, so maybe no Kensou or Chin. And if Heidern, Ash, and K' are a team, then that possibly means no Whip, no Elizabeth (because her and Ash teaming up after XIII&XIV would make the most sense), and no Kula&Maxima.

Maybe I am jumping to conclusions, but it's hard not to when they keep shuffling the roster around and leave us in suspense.

K' being in a different team doesn't mean Kula and Maxima are gone. They can just stick Whip with them instead. And even if that isn't the case, they're still not going to drop Kula since she's one of the more popular KOF characters. They might just make a Nests Girls team with Angel and Sylvie for that.
#1539  August 24, 2021, 05:39:34 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Got spoiled so I'm gonna throw in my two cents -- I think, since all the DLC is basically coming back to the canon in this game, Whip is probably on K' Team with K' and Maxima. Kula, Angel, and maybe Foxy could form NESTS Team/NESTS Girls Team/NESTS Rebels Team/idfk team.

Heidern being back... Masters Team returns, maybe?

Ash/Elisabeth/Oswald for a team most likely.
#1540  August 24, 2021, 08:22:12 pm
    • Netherlands
We haven't really seen any evil teams so far yet, right? Here's hoping for Geese Howard soon.