Superman (Read 19906 times)

Started by Kamekaze, October 30, 2017, 03:33:14 pm
Superman
#1  October 30, 2017, 03:33:14 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world

Faster than a speeding setup, more powerful than a charging cross counter. It's the supermans.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
Re: Superman
#2  October 31, 2017, 03:21:56 am
    • USA
Cool! Another fighter! Superman plays so much better now and has pretty awesome moves. Wish he still had unlimited flight though. I see the Flash cameo, so I'm guessing he'll be getting the next video.

Couple of questions: Do you plan on showing off the pallets swaps soon?
Also, have you considered adding an unplayable boss to the mix? I have an idea.
#3  October 31, 2017, 03:38:35 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Cool! Another fighter! Superman plays so much better now and has pretty awesome moves. Wish he still had unlimited flight though. I see the Flash cameo, so I'm guessing he'll be getting the next video.

Couple of questions: Do you plan on showing off the pallets swaps soon?
Also, have you considered adding an unplayable boss to the mix? I have an idea.

Well the build that got loketested had 9 playable characters. So Flash and these other two have been complete for about a week or so now. Just never got around to talking about it here.

1. palette swap? As in other colors? They are the same as the chars I've released in the past atm
2. There will be 3 unplayable modes for chars that are playable. Locked behind an AI and sequence to prevent them from being used. Literal arcade mode detection. One being Ω Shredder. The other two have yet to be revealed.
#4  November 01, 2017, 12:35:28 am
    • USA
I thought you had MANY pallette swaps (example orange and red Superman in one of your videos). I was wondering if you're going to post pics of them or show them off in a future video any time soon.

I was thinking of an actual unplayable boss. I know you've mentioned you would do the likes of Reverse Flash as a playable fighter if you had someone make custom sprites. My idea wouldn't take as long to sprite. I was thinking Doomsday from Death and Return of Superman. He has limited sprites but you shouldn't need a lot more than what's available. He actually has a crouching sprite, and copying and pasting different combinations of his existing sprites could work with what I'm envisioning. He wouldn't block, but simply have Super Armor. This would be a lot like how Mech-Zangief plays in Marvel vs Street Fighter. He could have a few special moves from Injustice, like his charging attacking and jumping stomp. Just food for thought.
#5  November 01, 2017, 01:06:00 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
I thought you had MANY pallette swaps (example orange and red Superman in one of your videos). I was wondering if you're going to post pics of them or show them off in a future video any time soon.

I was thinking of an actual unplayable boss. I know you've mentioned you would do the likes of Reverse Flash as a playable fighter if you had someone make custom sprites. My idea wouldn't take as long to sprite. I was thinking Doomsday from Death and Return of Superman. He has limited sprites but you shouldn't need a lot more than what's available. He actually has a crouching sprite, and copying and pasting different combinations of his existing sprites could work with what I'm envisioning. He wouldn't block, but simply have Super Armor. This would be a lot like how Mech-Zangief plays in Marvel vs Street Fighter. He could have a few special moves from Injustice, like his charging attacking and jumping stomp. Just food for thought.

Woah woah, I never agreed to reverse flash regardless of custom sprites. I don't really want to entertain the idea at all because it's not needed. I don't like the idea of unplayable characters either. that's why I said there would be boss only AI but everyone is playable. The roster is final and I appreciate your input I do, but the main focus will be on gameplay and other system things to be implemented. Even if I considered expanding on the roster, which im not, it would be after everyone else is done.
#6  November 02, 2017, 11:33:00 pm
    • USA
I am sorry I misunderstood you. Still looking forward to the game. Hopefully you'll reconsider adding to the roster after the game is completed.
#7  November 07, 2017, 02:22:51 pm
The roster is final and I appreciate your input I do, but the main focus will be on gameplay and other system things to be implemented. Even if I considered expanding on the roster, which im not, it would be after everyone else is done.

That comment shows what kind of creator you are. You know your limits and don't take too much on your plate. Your plans are accurate and reasonable. I respect that alot. As for Superman, he looks smooth gameplay-wise. Good luck with it man.

#8  September 20, 2019, 09:23:45 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Thanks.

As you know this game has a bit of lore behind it. Some of that lore may or may not be given when two character fight each other in arcade mode. Here's Superman vs everyone in the game.

#9  March 03, 2020, 07:32:22 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world

This project is wrapping up and the best way to show that is with an arcade ending!