YesNoOk

MvC2 GAMBIT and GENGAR -- Legacy Age of Heroes Release #18 & #19 (Read 10943 times)

Started by 087-B, May 26, 2020, 07:19:15 am
Share this topic:
MvC2 GAMBIT and GENGAR -- Legacy Age of Heroes Release #18 & #19
#1  May 26, 2020, 07:19:15 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA

LEGACY AGE OF HEROES PRESENTS...
A COUPLE OF EXTRAORDINARY G'S!!!

GENGAR AND GAMBIT

The next bundle release is an unusual one -- introducing to Legacy Age of Heroes, GAMBIT and GENGAR!!

Gambit is my favorite X-Men and Gengar is one of my favorite Pokemon, so I figured, what the hey, let me make them next! I think I did them justice, try 'em out and see for yourselves!

Enjoy guys, lemme know of any bugs you find! Hope you like 'em!!

(Move lists coming shortly!)

Spoiler: MEGA Downloads (click to see content)

Spoiler: MediaFire Downloads (click to see content)

Spoiler: Information (click to see content)

VIDEOS
SHOWCASES BY RED CHARIOT!

CREDITS
JJkoolaid & Mortos: For beta testing, supporting me, and being big helps in my MUGEN journey and constantly inspiring me to keep working! (And to Mortos for the banner for this bundle release!)
DarkWolf13 and Walruslui: For the original MvC2 template!
DCL: For the base Gambit!
MugenPoopMaster: For the base Gengar!
MFG Community: For being awesome, and for feedback!
VS Style Debuts Team: For being one of my biggest inspirations!
Elecbyte: For creating MUGEN in the first place!
YOU!: Cause you took the time to read this article and download this character!
Re: MvC2 GAMBIT and GENGAR -- Legacy Age of Heroes Release #18 & #19
#2  May 26, 2020, 07:33:16 am
  • Snek Friend
    • USA
    • coffeeflavoredmilk.neocities.org/
Its nice to have a new Gengar at least. I felt the older version by Mugenpoopmaster was a bit too slow for my liking.
#3  May 26, 2020, 07:40:18 am
    • USA
Its nice to have a new Gengar at least. I felt the older version by Mugenpoopmaster was a bit too slow for my liking.

Couldn't agree more! Hope you like him, I wanted to do him justice since the only other Gengar was, as you said, a bit slow and unorthodox! And not that polished either.
#4  May 26, 2020, 11:32:23 am
  • *Ultimate Pharmacist*
Nice one men another couple of great characters the gengars quite fun to play and gambit too.

- when gambit does the Cajun Explosion the card that gambits holding starts to float

I'm using mugen 1.0 1280x720

- gengar could maybe use a giant shadow ball super.
Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 11:55:44 am by Seiko Kimura
#5  May 26, 2020, 03:12:59 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Aight, so Gengar then...
  • Frame data is all over the place; some Normals are really safe on block, others are really unsafe on block.
  • Gengar's got a lot of priority on his attacks despite how quick they are, though conversely, some of his Normals (typically his crouching ones) are stubs.
  • The damage dampener does not affect Helpers, so moves like Shadow Ball and Night Shade don't scale whatsoever.
  • 5B is ridiculous. It's fast (frame 6), safe (+15 on block!), and lets Gengar hop across the stage with a generous hitbox, plus it launches so it sets up for combos. https://streamable.com/kn3z0c
  • 5C looks like an overhead, but isn't, yet 5Z doesn't, but is. It's a little confusing to be honest.
  • Night Shade (QCF P) is unblockable at close-range because Gengar's movetype is set to I during the attack, while the Helper's HitDef comes out on the same frame the Helper is spawned; setting Gengar's movetype to A fixes this.
    • Night Shade is also attributed as an attack, not a projectile, so counters won't function properly against it and it doesn't clash with other projectiles.
  • Shadow Ball (QCB P) is an easy infinite because of how high its hitstun is (+32 point-blank, +42 max distance) and because you can spawn another one while one is still out. https://streamable.com/zhx1ty
    • Shadow Ball is also attributed as an attack, not a projectile, so counters won't function properly against it and it doesn't clash with other projectiles.
  • Hypnosis (QCF K) is busted.
    • This meaty hitbox:

Which, granted, doesn't mean much without context, so...
    • It's unblockable. Sure you can jump it, so it's kinda like a grab, but it's so ridiculously active that you can activate the move, have the opponent jump, and it'll still be active when they land.
    • You can combo into it, so it's an unblockable move you can combo into on block.
    • It stuns the opponent for 400 frames, or about 6.67 seconds.
    • There is no check to see if the opponent is already stunned, so you can loop the move into itself to keep them stunned forever; sure, the move doesn't do any damage, but you can still timer scam with it, or more appropriately, do this: https://streamable.com/9swixv
  • Dream Eater (QCB KK) giving Gengar 350 Life off what is essentially an easy hitconfirm is nuts. Sure it uses 3 bars and can only be used during Hypnosis, but Hypnosis.
  • I kinda expected Super Hammer (QCF PP) to be an overhead considering the animation and how slow it is.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#6  May 26, 2020, 04:21:58 pm
    • USA
Aight, so Gengar then...
  • Frame data is all over the place; some Normals are really safe on block, others are really unsafe on block.
  • Gengar's got a lot of priority on his attacks despite how quick they are, though conversely, some of his Normals (typically his crouching ones) are stubs.
  • The damage dampener does not affect Helpers, so moves like Shadow Ball and Night Shade don't scale whatsoever.
  • 5B is ridiculous. It's fast (frame 6), safe (+15 on block!), and lets Gengar hop across the stage with a generous hitbox, plus it launches so it sets up for combos. https://streamable.com/kn3z0c
  • 5C looks like an overhead, but isn't, yet 5Z doesn't, but is. It's a little confusing to be honest.
  • Night Shade (QCF P) is unblockable at close-range because Gengar's movetype is set to I during the attack, while the Helper's HitDef comes out on the same frame the Helper is spawned; setting Gengar's movetype to A fixes this.
    • Night Shade is also attributed as an attack, not a projectile, so counters won't function properly against it and it doesn't clash with other projectiles.
  • Shadow Ball (QCB P) is an easy infinite because of how high its hitstun is (+32 point-blank, +42 max distance) and because you can spawn another one while one is still out. https://streamable.com/zhx1ty
    • Shadow Ball is also attributed as an attack, not a projectile, so counters won't function properly against it and it doesn't clash with other projectiles.
  • Hypnosis (QCF K) is busted.
    • This meaty hitbox:

Which, granted, doesn't mean much without context, so...
    • It's unblockable. Sure you can jump it, so it's kinda like a grab, but it's so ridiculously active that you can activate the move, have the opponent jump, and it'll still be active when they land.
    • You can combo into it, so it's an unblockable move you can combo into on block.
    • It stuns the opponent for 400 frames, or about 6.67 seconds.
    • There is no check to see if the opponent is already stunned, so you can loop the move into itself to keep them stunned forever; sure, the move doesn't do any damage, but you can still timer scam with it, or more appropriately, do this: https://streamable.com/9swixv
  • Dream Eater (QCB KK) giving Gengar 350 Life off what is essentially an easy hitconfirm is nuts. Sure it uses 3 bars and can only be used during Hypnosis, but Hypnosis.
  • I kinda expected Super Hammer (QCF PP) to be an overhead considering the animation and how slow it is.

Ah damn, I didn’t realize how sloppy Gengar was... whoops. Pretty bad. Sorry. ^_^;

Still, it’s great feedback! It gives me a good idea what to take into consideration for an update. Thanks!
#7  May 26, 2020, 04:27:11 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
yay your very first pokemon has been released, keep it up. I'm trying these two later on
#8  May 26, 2020, 04:51:47 pm
    • USA
yay your very first pokemon has been released, keep it up. I'm trying these two later on

Thanks man, hope you like them! Just be weary Gengar is not as polished as I thought he was.
#9  May 26, 2020, 08:10:35 pm
    • USA
yeah the Gengar you use as a based was crapy made.
#10  May 26, 2020, 08:16:05 pm
    • USA
yeah the Gengar you use as a based was crapy made.

Yeah. I know that now. In my defense it was the only Gengar available that I know of, so it was unavoidable. At least I know how I can improve mine for a future update. :)