YesNoOk

Extremely frustrating problem (Trans & collision boxes) (Read 490 times)

Started by Sean Altly, February 03, 2008, 10:40:02 PM
Share this topic:
Extremely frustrating problem (Trans & collision boxes)
#1  February 03, 2008, 10:40:02 PM
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
I can't figure out what's going wrong with my character. I am creating a character for fun (one I won't release due to it being comprised of someone else's sprites). Anyway, I am using Fighter Factory and all of his required sprites and a lot of his other sprites (pretty much everything accept for attacks) are in. However, as soon as I give him any clsn2 boxes, the character will no longer work! Every time I try to load the mugen character test thing, it gives me the "WinMugen has encountered a problem" etc. message. Any thoughts? I don't know if this makes a difference, but in his .air file, all of his animations have a transparency effect (mostly A1), since the character is supposed to be a spirit. Thanks for any help!

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 11:56:10 PM by seanaltly
Re: Extremely frustrating problem (Trans & collision boxes)
#2  February 04, 2008, 12:03:43 AM
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Oy...for some reason the collision boxes work now, after I removed all my required sprites. Is there some certain place required sprites need to go in the .sff? Like at the beginning or end, because this is the second time I've been making a character, and removing all the required sprites fixes it.

EDIT: WTF, suddenly it's not working again! I try putting collision boxes in and it doesn't work. God, I'm about to tear my hair out!

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 12:10:50 AM by seanaltly
#3  February 04, 2008, 02:22:44 AM
  • [E]
    • Mexico
it looks like it is teh fault of your ide.
#4  February 04, 2008, 03:46:58 AM
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Random guess. You're using FF's stupid bloody templates aren't you? The air file is corrupt. Delete it and copy paste KFM's.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.