YesNoOk

Justice League vs Street Fighter v1.0 (Read 48661 times)

Started by zvitor, April 15, 2016, 05:23:21 am
Share this topic:
Justice League vs Street Fighter v1.0
#1  April 15, 2016, 05:23:21 am
Re: Justice League vs Street Fighter v1.0
#2  April 15, 2016, 07:39:38 am
    • France
    • duracelleurxmugen.blogspot.fr/
Solid work.
Thanks Z!
#3  April 15, 2016, 08:35:01 am
  • Mugen museum creator
  • former mod here :p
    • Belgium
    • fanaticmugen.free.fr/
totaly amazing!!!!

1000 thumbups for  :mthumbs:

Spoiler: more thumbups? (click to see content)
#4  April 15, 2016, 12:42:14 pm
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
Only gotten to test the game for about 10 minutes total at this point, but I love it all so far. The screenpack design is amazing, and totally fits the theme and feel of the game, and the vs screen portraits with the comic backgrounds look awesome.

Three things that I think would improve the game a lot are:

-it doesn't appear that you can chain hypers into anything, and that they just have to be executed strictly by themselves. I only tested Batman, Joker, and Lex Luthor so far, but all three didn't seem to be able to link any hypers from any string whatsoever.

-I also think it would be a huge benefit to add an 1-2 second exhaustion state to each character for when they completely whiff a hyper attack. Without it, a character can do a hyper, completely miss, and still be able to go right into a combo after the hyper is finished and not allow for any type of opening reward to punish the completely missed attack, which is exactly what Martian Manhunter did after he totally missed his hyper, and I was crouching and waiting until it was finished to punish him, and he just went directly into his combo. Pretty lame to be on the receiving end of that scenario, and leaves that small aspect of the gameplay terribly unfair, if that's the correct word to use for not being able to punish something that is completely deserving of punishment, like missing your super ultra power ex move aka hyper.

-The game settings don't seem to be saving after you close the game and reopen it. I use a gamepad, and I had to set the controls each time I opened it. Also, I didn't see any configuration to edit the screen size of the game. I'm aware I can just enlarge the window, so it's not a major issue. Still a few more pixels we could squeeze on screen if the window borders weren't there.

Aside from those 3 things, the game seems pretty damn epic from what I've seen. I've been watching your progress the whole way, and eagerly awaiting it's arrival. It definitely seems like the wait was more than worth it. Thank you very much for making it, and sharing it with us. I've been a mugen fan for like 15 years now, and this is precisely what keeps me hooked.
Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 12:46:53 pm by shulbocka
#5  April 15, 2016, 02:36:44 pm
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
A small nitpick from me, but some of those stages look like they should be taken out, since the sprite style kinda clashes with the characters, but hey it's your call xp
#6  April 15, 2016, 02:47:21 pm
    • Canada
    • stevalalxx@gmail.com
looks totally radical dude
#7  April 15, 2016, 10:38:52 pm
I also noticed that the game doesn't save settings, which can be quite annoying, since you have to set buttons every time you restart it.

When I press alt+enter to go fullscreen, the game turns into 4:3 ratio instead of widescreen, and the music stops playing.

Also, I sorely miss co-op team mode (aka dramatic mode, like in SFA3) and that is my biggest gripe.

Everything else seems great, especially the character select screen. Congratulations on the first release! :)
#8  April 16, 2016, 12:10:24 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Thanks and congratulations for finishing this long project, man. 8)

Gotta find some space to test it out, from the videos it seems very well made overall.
#9  April 16, 2016, 03:16:29 am
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
It's great. A little graphic feedback/ my opinion:
- I think the lifebar and its announcer don't fit the old school theme of the game.
- The most of lifebar portraits need some work since they don't fit each other.
- You could work the color loss in the Intro.
- The globe sprite really looks out of place.
- The continue and options screens fonts are really small.

But in general is a good and funny game.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#10  April 16, 2016, 04:34:09 am
    • Canada
    • stevalalxx@gmail.com
this game has so much potential, great concept, with retro super nintendo feel, beautiful select screen layout, i like that you can start with a ground combo hit em with a launcher air rave catch them with a hurricane kick on the way down and keep going, ai is intense but that is a good thing in my opinion, cosmetics are good but not great,  the character sprites are fun  and the palettes keep them fresh, except goku he looks bad, infact all the secret characters seem out of place to me, the game is jl vs sf right, i like ninja turtles a lot but in this case leonardo can bounce, i like announcer and lifebar however the ko could use some work, they come across good to me because the palettes are updated, and the hitsparks are a perfect fit, and i hate hitsparks in most cases, the music is good, although i felt flash stage could use some better tunes, the stages thou yikes i get  the retro super nintendo thing but they were inconsistent and some are an eyesore, i think you should go with sfa2 style stages, sfa2 was on snes and they look pretty good i think they would be a good fit for this game i have filtered all the sf2 stages to give them a more alpha feel you are welcome to them if you would like i would even be willing to make some dc stages for your project if your interested, but the biggest problem with this game in my opinion for what ever its worth is the fact that you can spam the launcher, the ai has no response to this in most cases, you can just juggle them and they cant recover or counter, i mean you can just not do it but, it would be better if the ai said i dont think so and messed your day up or at least had an air block that would be nice, also a guard push would be a great addition to this game all and all a good game worth the download thank you very much for all the hard work you put into this game you can see it was a labour of love but i hope your not done it would be ashame to come this far and not see it threw to the bitter end
#11  April 16, 2016, 07:33:07 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
YEAH, it's here!! :D
Congrats ma'bruh, really an awesome job!
#12  April 16, 2016, 10:05:23 am
    • USA
    • stev1mj1s11@gmail.com
Wil you be releasing these characters out soon? Dying to add them to my roster....
#13  April 16, 2016, 04:48:46 pm
    • Brazil
    • concurseiro190@gmail.com
My Feedback:

Thanks Big Z, This is one of the best mugen that I played.

1-SF2 characters-These are the best mugen characters from mugen
2-JL Task Force- These are the best mugen characters from mugen
3-The game is totally original, there are a amazing standard combo system, perfect!
4-Not always we need amazing graphics to make a great fight game, you show to us this with your projects

5-I hope that you upload each character and stage to us for download separetes from original JLvsSF.
6-I Hope that you not abandon mugen, you are one of the best creators in this earth and in the multiverse lol
8-With these characters eu show to us that are possible make a amazing characters with snes graphics, i  hope that you creater more characters with this standard,
because we have many others nostalgic games from snes, sega and others, like xmen games, ninja turtles and others

7-Bug: Flash can make a infinite cyclones in the opponent in the end of stages.

#14  April 16, 2016, 07:14:52 pm
  • You want ST.A.R.S? I'll give you S.T.A.R.S.
    • Mexico
Predator as guest character? i like the idea i'm a huge fan of him but why is he in the game? XD just wondering
#15  April 16, 2016, 08:38:27 pm
    • Brazil
I have two questions:

1 - Will there be DLC like there was for Marvel First Alliance 2?
2 - Will these characters be released separately like Batman (and Superman, I think?) was?
#16  April 16, 2016, 09:21:28 pm
Predator as guest character? i like the idea i'm a huge fan of him but why is he in the game? XD just wondering

He's a guest character...

Same way Ryu is a guest in Smash Bros..
Freddy, Jason, Alien, Leatherface, Kratos have been guests in MK..
Scorpion was in Injustice..
Akuma was in X Men COTA..
Michael Myers and Predator were in Call of Duty.....

Do they really need explanations?
#17  April 16, 2016, 09:53:46 pm
  • Why do the avatars have to be so damn small :c
    • USA
    • brawlyoshi@gmail.com
First time trying it out, and already I found something. The chaining is off. You're not supposed to go from LP -> MP -> LP. Also, I can chain Ryu's crouching MP into itself 5 times in a row.
#18  April 16, 2016, 10:11:30 pm
    • Brazil
#19  April 16, 2016, 11:31:07 pm
Same way Ryu is a guest in Smash Bros..
Ryu is not a guest in Smash Bros. That game is a crossover of others, generally classics, Ryu is a legit character from the roster.

Ryu is not an original Nintendo character so I'd assume he'd count as a guest just as Snake was and Sonic became....

Even still, regardless as to who's right or wrong.. The explanation of "guest" char inclusions applies here as to why Goku, Predator, etc are in the game

#20  April 17, 2016, 12:08:37 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
The thing about the guests is that because of the two universes trying to collide with each other thanks to the main boss, it's also affecting other universes as well. Temporal rifts in the time-space... or just say "They are in the game, have fun with them, don't try to think to much on it".