YesNoOk

I can draw a little? (Read 7075 times)

Started by ExShadow, June 29, 2016, 12:29:54 am
I can draw a little?
#1  June 29, 2016, 12:29:54 am
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
For the past 8 months or so, I've been trying to improve my drawing skills, here's some stuff I've done:

I have more, but will show eventually.  I'm taking tips, so if you have drawing tips please share xp

Have been looking at some references a lot to see if I can learn some.

Not much here, but my DA page: http://vibrantshadowex.deviantart.com/
Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 12:38:21 am by ExShadow

lui

Re: I can draw a little?
#2  June 29, 2016, 12:33:37 am
    • USA
Holy shit all of these look great!

Very proffessional, nice job!
#3  June 29, 2016, 12:41:28 am
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
Thanks mayne, but I don't think it's near professional though lol
Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 12:45:10 am by ExShadow

lui

#4  June 29, 2016, 12:42:46 am
    • USA
you're responding to my post but youre quoting a different post overall? i think your internet is laggy man :p
#5  June 29, 2016, 12:44:37 am
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
I honestly have no idea what happened there, I'll fix it
#6  June 29, 2016, 12:56:05 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
You're pretty good bro, love that Samus

#7  June 30, 2016, 05:27:27 am
    • 1tone.deviantart.com
For the past 8 months or so, I've been trying to improve my drawing skills, here's some stuff I've done:

I have more, but will show eventually.  I'm taking tips, so if you have drawing tips please share xp

Have been looking at some references a lot to see if I can learn some.

Not much here, but my DA page: http://vibrantshadowex.deviantart.com/

I would advise you to stop drawing anime all together. I had an art teacher that told me that focusing on drawing anime only stagnate and reduce your progression as an artist. Also if I were you I would buy some anatomy books as well as utilize pose maniacs in order to improve your human figure drawing skills. I have a lot more advice but I'm in sort of a rush. I hope my advice was in some way helpful to you.
Try not to be of the 90%.

lui

#8  June 30, 2016, 06:38:05 am
    • USA
I would advise you to stop drawing anime all together. I had an art teacher that told me that focusing on drawing anime only stagnate and reduce your progression as an artist.

your teacher sounds like an ass. an art teacher should never tell someone to stop drawing a certain style, anime and other stuff can be just as beautiful as any other art out there and in certain cases can be even more beautiful than traditional modern art.
#9  June 30, 2016, 06:42:15 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I would advise you to stop drawing anime all together. I had an art teacher that told me that focusing on drawing anime only stagnate and reduce your progression as an artist. Also if I were you I would buy some anatomy books as well as utilize pose maniacs in order to improve your human figure drawing skills. I have a lot more advice but I'm in sort of a rush. I hope my advice was in some way helpful to you.
That is not advice at all... and your art teacher had no right telling you to stop drawing a style you was comfortable with. That should not apply to anyone else and you also had no right of "advising" to stop drawing a certain style.

Beware the Dark Wolf once more!

lui

#10  June 30, 2016, 06:45:14 am
    • USA
nah he has a right to tell someone that if he wants to, it's just that the advice he's getting from his teacher sucks.

the fact that anime is so broad and so different in terms of art because of all the different genres anime has makes me confused on how it can stagnate someone's progress artistically
#11  June 30, 2016, 11:57:39 am
Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 12:06:06 pm by Sin-
#12  June 30, 2016, 11:57:22 pm
  • Rawr!
what a douchebaggish thing to say.. your "teacher" lacks teaching skills.. if an artist wants to create anime content and is happy with that style then an art teacher should be encouraging the artist to atleast perfect his style or offer alternatives..

and tbh.. i doubt it was ur teacher that said anything.. it's a cover so you don't sound even more like a dick.. i think his work is great.. needs work yes but its not entirely bad.

btw is that Kirito i see EXShadow lol +1 like just for having him look alot like him.

to the douchebag commenter:

whoever painted this .. their art teacher must have been "wtf is this shit? go learn anatomy" right? LOL go on criticise it ya wank.
sorry moderators it had to be said.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 12:02:23 am by TETSUGA GENSHO
#13  July 01, 2016, 12:44:00 am
sorry moderators it had to be said.

No, it had not.
Also, the post above yours (which is also my post) linked to the new thread where you can discuss that stuff.

Next off-topic post will be deleted. This is a warning for everyone.
#14  July 01, 2016, 01:11:20 am
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
@ tetsi, yeah that's suppose to be Kirito

GDM

#15  July 01, 2016, 02:08:16 am
  • I'm not trolling
Matthew is right about one thing buying anatomy books isn't a bad idea. However, stopping from drawing anime period is a little extreme. I do agree that in some fields in concept art and game design anime is big no no in some cases unless the concept is anime based. I believe exshadow is just drawing for fun. But if you do decide to do it for a career exshadow. I advise looking up feng zhu videos and looking for George Bridgman's Anatomy books. You can find it used on amazon for at least 15 cents or less not counting shipping and handling. What ever path you choose anime or concept art I wish you luck. If you have any other questions you can find me on discord :)
#16  July 01, 2016, 06:28:36 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I'll be pretty blunt so I apologyze in advance, but the skills are still not in the level where one can say "man, aniem style is getting you stuck , you should change style or you won't improve", there's still a lot of technical improvements and otherwise possible to seriosuly consider the style a limitant.
New #17  August 02, 2016, 03:57:25 am
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
Drew a quick sketch em up face

Messy Freeman:

A Baby:

Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 12:43:05 am by ExShadow