YesNoOk

Various MvC-ish characters edited, other odds & ends (updated Feb-11th-24) (Read 177407 times)

Started by Swanky, January 20, 2021, 10:24:40 am
Share this topic:
Re: Various MvC-ish characters edited, other odds & ends
#21  February 03, 2021, 01:47:22 pm
Updated the portrait pack with 1 portrait for Ada Wong and 2 for Jill Valentine.

With the release of Magneto, Black Widow and now Etrigan I am almost done with my current set of edits.
I still want to release an edit for Blaze's Phoenix, yet they ask for permission in the readme. I would like to at least try and get that permission, however the author has not stated any means of contact. If anyone could provide some insight on how to reach out to them, I'd be quite happy.

As always, let me know if you find anything else that needs fixing.
#22  February 04, 2021, 12:01:28 am
  • The Forsaken Warrior
  • Let us grieve existence, together.
    • Mexico
Have you tried to send him a message in MMV? I wouldn't take the permission thing he puts in the readme seriously as his Phoenix has been edited dozens of times at this point without permission.
Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 12:09:07 am by Croix12
#23  February 04, 2021, 09:30:06 am
There are multiple Blaze's over there, agreed, however without actual posts. Guess I'm going to have to take the blind shot there.

Working on Lobo & Strongguy rn btw.
#24  February 04, 2021, 09:32:05 am
    • USA
    • thelivewire48@gmail.com
his name is actually Blade, not Blaze.
#25  February 04, 2021, 10:13:22 am
That explains it, then. Thank you for clarifying! :)
#26  February 04, 2021, 03:23:09 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Nice to hear you're giving Strong Guy an overhaul. He was one of my favorite MUGEN characters back in the day.
#27  February 04, 2021, 04:17:54 pm
He had gotten an update for Mugen 1.0 by McCready, GokuSSJ4, Buyog2099 and DG some time ago, and yeah he still plays really neat. So all I did for now was adding a simple AI. Not sure I could add anything to that, really. For now, that release will most likely only be an updated .cmd file with AI. :)
#28  February 04, 2021, 08:12:05 pm
Strong Guy has received a simple AI patch.

#29  February 05, 2021, 01:22:03 am
I like the work you are doing here, but I noticed Strong Guy's download link leads to Lobo's instead, would you kindly fix that?
Thanks in advance and good luck on your next patches!
#30  February 05, 2021, 09:46:32 am
Done. Dropbox was appearantly being finicky with its link management system again. Sorry for the inconvenience.
#31  February 06, 2021, 03:14:02 pm
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
Hal Jordan
- changed the power system. Hal still pays power to perform special attacks but he can now do them even without sufficient power.
   This decision was made when it became appearant that he would be at a huge disadvantage against most other fighters.
   While for MvDC and its slower paced gameplay this was not much of an issue, he would get clobbered by most regular MvC-ish fighters (player or CPU).
   The rework is a compromise to acknowledge the mechanic while accomodating for the overall difference in gameplay and roster.
- Changed his basics to chain together better
- changed his boxing gloves hypers to chain together better. His Smackdown Hyper was changed significantly in how it hits. It is faster and hits more often, but deals less dmg per hit

I was expecting something, it fix up the Green Lantern chain combos, especially the crouching ones and their aerial rave, so that if I can be on par with the MVC style characters, as well as put an Advance Guard on it.
#32  February 06, 2021, 08:40:01 pm
GL can already chain, just not zig zag. The only exception to this are is cKicks which are either cWK, cMK or cWK, cHK due to how his cMK hits. This is vanilla behavior and I didn't see reason to change this since his cMK also has a specific purpose. His Aerial Raves are also intact, maybe not super intuitive to use right now. I see if I can finetune that a bit more. Advance Guard is probably a good idea. IF I find enough reason to update him, I'll PROBABLY put it in.

If you expected more, than you should probably start your own edit of the man, or even better, do him in your own vision.
Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 08:44:06 pm by Swanky
#33  February 07, 2021, 09:21:59 am
Hal Jordan Update 1.05
Update 1.05
- updated his chaining again, specifically the aerial rave chaining.
   - shortened start up frames of all aerial basics
   - redrew many hitboxes for jumping basics. It is now significantly easier to hit your target.
   - slightly increased hittime on aerials (up to six frames on heavy)
   - jHK now slams opponent down
- increased hittimes by 6 frames on cHeavies
- tweaked his launcher p2vel. Now launches slightly faster / higher, allowing for more consistency when aerial rave
- switched around some commands in the command structure
- added pushblock
- added alpha counter
- reduced his overall attack value to 90 (was 100)
- updated his AI routines with Pushblock and Alpha Counter codes by MystikBlaze

known issues:
block shield does not travel with block transitions (vanilla issues, visual only). This also affects the push block effect.
He still has issues with small targets. Fixing this would require a MAJOR rework of basically everything and is out of the scope of this project.
His AI is still all over the place. It's functional and arguably serviceable, so I don't see reason to update it.

A small patch for WhiteMagic2002's Psylocke has been released. Push Block has been added to the character.
Links in first post.

Should nothing else come up, these may be the final small character patches for now.
Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 10:50:34 am by Swanky
#34  February 09, 2021, 12:05:44 pm
Small update for Dormammu by Gladiacloud and its AI patch by Vorse_Raidier (you will need both)

QCF P has 10 more frames before returning ctrl
F sMP only lasts 180 frames instead of 300
QCB PP now has a selfdestroy time of 600, instead of infinite (which could lock out other moves)
Level 1 supers and sLauncher can now hit boss type enemies. See Statedef -2 for setting up additional names.
Slight tweaks to the AI (-very- slightly less spammy)

Link in first post.
Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 12:11:30 pm by Swanky
#35  February 17, 2021, 02:10:23 pm
I don't know if you noticed but your Strong Guy url is not working
#36  February 18, 2021, 05:08:26 pm
Actually, I did not notice. :P Fix would have been easy though. However, I uploaded the assorted files at moddb.com for better and hopefully futureproof safe keeping. The links in the fist post have been updated.
€ There is now a secondary link to all my full character edits as well. This replaces the individual download links from dropbox.
Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 05:14:51 pm by Swanky
#37  March 11, 2021, 08:30:36 am
    • USA
What Lifebar are you using. I remember using them long ago but can't find them anymore. would really like to convert them to Ikemen.
#38  March 12, 2021, 12:20:29 pm
#39  March 13, 2021, 07:27:56 pm
    • USA
They Are and TY SOO Much. Im trying too see if i can get them to work on my Ikemen GO any tips or help would help me alot.
#40  March 23, 2021, 12:58:26 am
  • Open your soul to the battle!
    • USA
Now I'm not sure if I downloaded the wrong version of Beximus' Rose or not, but this error comes up when I add in the edits:

Error detected.

Error in [Statedef 190]
Error in rose.cns:223
Character mugenversion is older than this version of M.U.G.E.N.
Error loading chars/rose_mvc_swanky/rose_mvc_swanky.def
Error loading p1

Clipboard tail:
Game loop init
Versus screen init
End of versus screen loop
Game loop deinit
Gameflow 11
Loading match assets...
Loading stage...
Info: stage Training Room Hexagon v.1 loading in pre-1.0 compatible mode
  Loading BG...OK
Stage loaded OK
Setting game resolution 1366x768...OK
  Allocating helpers...OK
Match RNG seed: 2120983718
Reset persist vars team 0
Reset persist vars team 1
Loading character chars/rose_mvc_swanky/rose_mvc_swanky.def...
  Loading info...OK
  Loading cmd command set rose_swanky.cmd...OK
  Loading cns rose_swanky.cns...Freeing player RC Neo Rose...CMD...CNS...SFF...AIR...SND...Misc...OK
Character rose_mvc_swanky.def failed to load