YesNoOk

ultra street fighter 2 the final challenge (Read 119194 times)

Started by c001357, January 13, 2017, 06:51:20 am
Share this topic:
Re: ultra street fighter 2 the final challenge
#201  March 02, 2017, 02:05:18 pm
  • 144p in a 1080p world!
    • Portugal
    • Skype - lc-ddm
    • forums.kc-mm.com
Color Edit mode is nice, but a shame that it potentially might not be available in the regular sprite mode.

I'm curious if blokes like Guile will have color seperation between his cargo pants and his tank top.

#202  April 18, 2017, 07:48:40 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
A new trailer. Mostly consist of news we already knew, but still...

Also, OST examples. Have to say, it's not that bad. Really nice remixes for ~10-sec per theme. But they f*cked up Balrog's theme already, IMHO... Contains Evil's and Violent's preview. It seems, they DON'T have classic variants of their themes... yet.

Also, somehow Dhalsim's remix reminds me of "Asura's Wrath"...
#203  May 15, 2017, 09:00:43 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
So... Hm...

HD Violent Ken & "Old school" Violent Ken have different throws and different win animations?

EDIT:
Ah, well... seen another vid and HD Violent Ken did the same win animation as "old school" one...
#204  May 16, 2017, 08:27:00 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
#205  May 27, 2017, 01:38:31 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Well... The game'z released...

Have nothing new to say, but that V.Ken's sh*tty super is SERIOUSLY called Shinbu Messatsu afterall...
#206  May 27, 2017, 02:07:51 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#207  May 27, 2017, 02:17:32 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Too different, mate. Just TOO different.
It's much more of Kuzuryurepa to me, than S.M. Even though he use hands here...
#208  May 27, 2017, 02:36:49 pm
It's the same Ryuuko Ranbu-like combination of basic attacks into an uppercut, it's only missing the skull pillar. Kuzuryuu Reppa is specifically a whole bunch of spinning kicks and a Shinryuuken. This has much less to do with Kuzuryuu Reppa than with the Shinbu Messatsu.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 02:41:01 pm by Byakko
#209  May 27, 2017, 02:42:42 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
It's the same Ryuuko Ranbu-like combination of basic attacks into an uppercut. It's only missing the skull pillar. Kuzuryuu Reppa is specifically a whole bunch of spinning kicks. This has much less to do with Kuzuryuu Reppa than with the Shinbu Messatsu.

AND yes, AND no. You see, I was talking about whole principle of this move- straight forward "barrage" of attacks.
S.M. is one of moves, which needs a right connection first. I personally can't see here any connecting dash or any different finish if move wasn't connetced, like S.M should be. Instead, I just see a straightforward number of attacks, ending with Shoryuken. Like downgraded version of Kuzuryureppa.
#210  May 27, 2017, 02:43:53 pm
Ah, right, I see what you mean.

I would like to direct your attention to the Shin Shoryuuken seen in Street Fighter Alpha 3 that was a long range dashing elbow into an uppercut, and the Shin Shoryuuken everywhere else that is a very short range punch and an uppercut. The name doesn't stick to the gameplay purpose but to the impression given by the move. Kuzuryuu Reppa is a name given to the neat succession of Ken's supers, and Shinbu Messatsu is the "evil barrage of basic attacks" of Violent Ken.
Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 02:47:01 pm by Byakko
#211  May 27, 2017, 02:52:04 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
I think I have a right to correct you: that elbowed shoryuken was named, in fact, METSU Shoryuken.
But yeah. you're still right here, cause in SF4 Metsu is also very Shin...
#212  May 27, 2017, 02:57:53 pm
the SFA3 super had two versions, the max range elbow into the gut punch and the reverse uppercut, or the elbow into a single uppercut. I never remember which is which, but I'm pretty sure one was the Metsu and the other was the Shin. It's when they started the whole mythology of one being the destructive fist used by Evil Ryu to beat Sagat in SF1, and the other being the purified ultimate uppercut. And yes, it's the same reason both Metsu and Shin appeared through SF4 but being basically the same move.
Apparently the close one was Metsu (the link you posted says "close range") and the far one was the Shin (under "appearances", "far distance") and by the way, that makes two names for the same gameplay purpose - a dashing attack into an uppercut.
Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 03:02:20 pm by Byakko
#213  July 22, 2017, 04:43:26 am

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#214  July 22, 2017, 04:54:21 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Have they ripped this game's hitsounds yet? The exclusive new ones? They sound far too much like pinball machine sounds to take seriously... Would be perfect for Mugen.
#215  July 22, 2017, 06:09:05 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
#216  July 28, 2017, 11:35:34 pm
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
It's not the same.
Playable Shin Akuma has a new color set plus the "Shin Akuma" title.

CPU Boss Shin Akuma STILL has regular Akuma color set, and Just "Akuma" as the name, even though CPU uses Shin Akuma moves.

Well, at least they were kind enough to give it to us like when they did the 2 Akuma variants in the old GBA Super Turbo port.

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."