YesNoOk

Hatter's Stuff. (Read 650534 times)

Started by hatter, August 29, 2015, 02:51:02 am
Re: Zaitsu's Art Vault.
#241  February 13, 2016, 12:37:07 am
  • SNK is life
The one with the gun. There are 2 around the trigger.
#242  February 13, 2016, 12:44:10 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
This is a generic forum signature.
#243  February 25, 2016, 06:08:22 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
AVAKEN ME MAESTERS.

So pretty much I'm purging out my gallery again, by either redoing/making small fixes to sprites, or just plain deleting them.

So, have at you some old sprites:

Lucky Glauber - CvS:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Bunny (request for Demitri/Genesis, unknown OC for some Japanese Pixiv artist) - KoF XIII:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
(I'm not even gonna bother to go into this one again, KoF XIII is completely beyond me).

Sprites that got very small changes:

I'd bring you the older versions, but I'm too lazy to be bothered with that. For A17, I made some small modifications to his jeans, by removing a ripped fabric effect I put on his right (viewer) leg, and I made the light and mid tone colors more apparent. Also fixed his point shoulder. :3

For Lou and Siva, I only fixed their eyes, which weren't looking forward. Nothing special here.

Also, have an incomplete Broly:

When I finish him, I'll post an image showing the changes to him, the last version I made was blood-seeping-through-the-eyes inducing, it was THAT bad.

EDIT: Made a modification on Lucky's left (viewer) bicep, with C+C courtesy of Sin.
Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 08:45:28 pm by Zaitsu Hatter
#244  February 26, 2016, 04:00:13 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Okay, now I'll go back to the gallery revamping mission.

Credit to jadencorsair for making the CvS version of this idle, from which I did my conversion to CPS2.
Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 11:30:17 pm by Zaitsu Hatter
#245  February 26, 2016, 10:44:44 pm
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Hmmm...that's not bad. Not bad at all.
#246  February 27, 2016, 02:52:47 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Thanks. Told you it would look good :wink3:

I still need to fix a few kinks that may arise here and there, but that shouldn't be problematic.

Because he doesn't have his own art thread on MFG yet, our very own CRASHEM8000 is hosting an art stream. Come and join us. :)

EDIT: And the stream is done. Thanks for those who came. ^_^
Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 03:59:43 am by Zaitsu Hatter

lui

#247  February 27, 2016, 04:04:27 am
    • USA
it looks nice, but i fixed her up quite a bit

remember since you're working with cps2 shading and anatomy you can go ham with the exaggerated muscle proportions.

I looked at SFA Chun Li for reference.
#248  February 27, 2016, 04:12:57 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
In the case of Tifa, I'm going to have to pass on that.

The proportions of the Square Enix characters will vary depending on the character, so for instance, Tifa won't be completely hammed on muscle proportion , somewhere between Chun-Li (whom I actually referenced for the curves of Tifa's legs) and Sakura, but e.g. Prince Doza from Ehrgeiz will be more like Adon/Sagat, and so forth.

But the fixes on the tank top are definitely needed, and I'll take that. Thanks for the help. :)
Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 05:10:51 am by Zaitsu Hatter

lui

#249  February 27, 2016, 06:46:06 am
    • USA
i beefed her up because i figured since she's a fighter that focuses on brawling at close-range i would give her a build of an athelete similar to what capcom did to asuka in SFxT and R.Mika in SFV
#250  March 05, 2016, 07:04:39 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Alright you bastards, I'm back to workin on shit again.

Have a Broly:

Spoiler: Goin' through changes, parte trois (click to see content)

and here is the first of two submissions for Balthazar's Piccolo collab contest:

Spoiler: Current image is under construction (click to see content)

I've been watching some videos, and I even stumbled upon the channel of a legendary Disney artist by the name of Aaron Blaise, give him a watch.

After doing what's left of my Z2 stuff (Machinedramon, Black Luster Soldier, and a recreation of a dA user's DBZ OC, Leekara, in place of Beerus), I'll be taking a break from any pixel stuff that doesn't pertain to ongoing projects, so expect some hand-drawn stuff, and a revamp of all my shitty digital paintings.
Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 01:39:58 am by Zaitsu Hatter

lui

#251  March 05, 2016, 08:32:33 pm
    • USA
Holy shit thats probably one of the finest sprites youve done to date, damn. Ribs look a bit iffy but thats a minor nitpick
#252  March 05, 2016, 10:57:55 pm
    • USA
Machinedramon o_o Wasn't expecting him to be done at all. I also forgot how ridiculous huge that guy is (and how terrifying he was in the first Digimon World game lol...has to be the red eyes he got in that game!). That's gonna be something when you finish that for sure. Also, that's a heck of a change in Broly. He must be taking the same stuff KOF XIII Ralf and Clark are taking, eh? : v
#253  March 05, 2016, 11:17:55 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
He was. Machinedramon was one of my fave DigiMon (alongside the GreyMon family, IkkakuMon, WereGaruruMon, OmniMon, and X-VMon), so I thought basically "Hey, Piccolo is my fave DBZ character, why not put them together".

I never played DigiMon World to the end (unfortunately), but from what I heard, he was terrifying as all hell to battle. Maybe I'll get back to it one day, IDK when.

And yeah, Broly did change a lot, it was a good idea to do a scratch drawing than a straight up Extreme Butoden conversion.

Holy shit thats probably one of the finest sprites youve done to date, damn. Ribs look a bit iffy but thats a minor nitpick

Thanks. That won't be the only fine one (will look into the abs at a later point), I have a lot more in store, pixel or not. :hat:

EDIT: Updated Tifa, check last few posts (or OP) for a glimpse.
Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 11:30:43 pm by Zaitsu Hatter

lui

#254  March 05, 2016, 11:30:29 pm
    • USA
is it me or does the viewers right side of his sash have the wrong lightsource? its coming from the bottom while the left side's lightsource is coming from up
#255  March 05, 2016, 11:32:22 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
is it me or does the viewers right side of his sash have the wrong lightsource? its coming from the bottom while the left side's lightsource is coming from up

Nope, you are indeed correct. Lemme fix that, hold on a sec.

EDIT: Fixed it, didn't do anything with the ribs tho.
Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 11:41:46 pm by Zaitsu Hatter
#256  March 05, 2016, 11:45:32 pm
    • USA
He was. Machinedramon was one of my fave DigiMon (alongside the GreyMon family, IkkakuMon, WereGaruruMon, OmniMon, and X-VMon), so I thought basically "Hey, Piccolo is my fave DBZ character, why not put them together".

I never played DigiMon World to the end (unfortunately), but from what I heard, he was terrifying as all hell to battle. Maybe I'll get back to it one day, IDK when.

And yeah, Broly did change a lot, it was a good idea to do a scratch drawing than a straight up Extreme Butoden conversion.

Thanks. That won't be the only fine one (will look into the abs at a later point), I have a lot more in store, pixel or not. :hat:

EDIT: Updated Tifa, check last few posts (or OP) for a glimpse.

Off-topic, but I do have a LP of Digimon World, if you're interested in it. A full 100% LP of it at that so yeah! ^^ And same here, though I had quite a few favorites from the series overall, it's hard to list heh. ^^;

Yeah, sometimes it's better to do things from scratch than not. Broly's supposed to be a giant compared to everyone else AFAIK, and if he's going to be in Z2 style, he'd HAVE to be massive compared to everyone else for sure.

For Tifa, the tank top definitely looks much better. It doesn't seem as flat shaded or what-have-you as before, and you can tell the curves now as well. Definitely can't wait to see more of her~

lui

#257  March 05, 2016, 11:56:54 pm
    • USA
i see you beefed her up a bit, though not as much as i did, yours actually looks alot more fitting and leans closer to how capcom handles fit brawlers much closer, good job
#258  March 12, 2016, 03:28:53 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

So I'm redoing Remy. Made him shorter than Iori by a sinch, since Ryu is shorter than Iori, and Iori is taller than Ryu, standing up.

Also @Balthazar: thought I'd show you this:

Looking good so far?
#259  March 12, 2016, 03:39:31 pm
  • Working on MUGEN characters, 24/7.
    • Australia
Can't wait to see your remade Remy sprite finished!  :thumbsup:
#260  March 12, 2016, 04:26:30 pm
You probably won't care about this, but I got Remy's height:

and basically he's taller than Iori.