Hatter's Stuff. (Read 648992 times)

Started by hatter, August 29, 2015, 02:51:02 am
Re: Zaitsu's Art Vault.
#401  May 13, 2016, 05:26:39 pm
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
Just wanted to be sure, you could've just meant the size :P Alright. imma try to address the question and break down some stuffs.

So for your question, I can't really recommend anything. Part of the issue is the way everything is connecting due to incorrect proportions. The pelvis shouldve been lower, and i think this way if it followed your guidelines (I assume you were still using them but im not sure), the knee's position would be easier to ascertain because the legs wouldn't have become so massive, WHICH in turn caused you to compensate the space you had left and made shit look weird and messed up. You sort of know where it should be, but it starts looking weird because of the proportions, am i right?
Idk what will work best for you, and idk if i can give the best advice for this since i do things a bit more intuitively (granted, im using certain methods to keep things in check but i digress).

Asuna might not be the best help either since shes bony as hell. This girl has curvature other than her breasts. IMO you shold only be using Asuna for the height like you currently are, and shading reference. Use someone more muscular for proportions and such.

I tried to break down Asuna and then your sprite to maybe help you out some more.

Overall, I think you need to make her thinner, because i feel like im outlining Sagat...
The pelvis has a curve to it, especially at the angle vs fighting games use, yours appears like a flat triangle (which wouldnt be bad if we were looking directly across/face to face). If you've seen Balmsold's, he kinda angles his trangles/pelvis. I circled it the first time but i didnt mention it, theres no need to sprite a buttcheek here. Let the hip/thighs do it for you at this angle. I'd suggest lowering the pelvis to that your legs arent forced to be so massive. I found myself making practically the same size legs you did. I hate drawing knees myself so I would take my observations with a grain of salt. Use human references to help if it still ends up looking weird after the other changes. I also hope you were able to see the issue with the neck.

I'm tired now. forcing me to use my brain too much
#402  May 15, 2016, 03:58:01 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 06:00:15 pm by Zaitsu Hatter
#403  May 15, 2016, 07:20:09 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

More progress on Lilith and Sessyu, we are almost there. Feedback plz.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#404  May 15, 2016, 08:02:39 pm
  • A human that exists sometimes.
    • USA
Alright, here's what I got (for Lilith, of course).

- Viewers left forearm is much too skinny where it comnects to the elbow.
- Viewers right hand.. just looks disconnected from her and odd.
- Eyes seem a bit too close together, at least imo
- The left part of viewers right boot, where it connects the shin and foot, is too wide.
- Grin looks a bit goofy, maybe use some anti-aliasing to try to "imply" a softer grin, if you understand me
- Whats with the shading around her crotch area? Doesn't seem like it should be there.
- Hair seems like it might be a tiny bit too short / small.

All I got for now.
do the thing
#405  May 15, 2016, 08:23:29 pm
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
    • battlecraze.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
All I can say is that left arm's gauntlet/viewer's right could use a bit of shading since its coming out of one of his sleeves.
Other than that it looks pretty good, great actually.

玉と碎けよ!
Mugen Things I Did/Battle Craze!!

lui

#406  May 15, 2016, 08:54:07 pm
    • USA
That sessyu looks amazing so far, very naisuu

As for lilith her shading on the body looks off, it shouldnt get that much light in her crotch and abdomen areas
#407  May 15, 2016, 09:16:46 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Thanks for the feedback, guys.

I can definitely fix everything said there, as for Lilith's hair, from what point is it too small/tiny? Length wise or width wise? Because the only change that occured is that the width from the viewer's right was minimized by a pixel, so I'm not really sure what to do there anymore.

Shading on the crotch, I was following along with eFEX's CPS3 rendition of Lilith:

But rubbing the dust off my eyes, I can see what you mean. I'll give it another jab.

Again, thanks for feedbacking. :)
#408  May 15, 2016, 09:24:42 pm
    • USA
I guess for the hair, it just didnt occur to me the last time I saw it.  I guess its just the proportions of her head / face with her hair that make it look too short, as well as the thickness of the bangs.
do the thing
#409  May 15, 2016, 09:32:29 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I guess for the hair, it just didnt occur to me the last time I saw it.  I guess its just the proportions of her head / face with her hair that make it look too short, as well as the thickness of the bangs.

Her head is pretty much the right size, if you compare it with eFEX's sprite.... well, the chin could be curved a bit more now that I look at it. But still in terms of size, it's not really inaccurate.

For the hair, I can trace over the model artwork and sprite it after a resize/clean-up, shouldn't take me longer than 10-15 min to do. We can then (if you want) compare and see which one you like.

I mean it is your request after all, so tear it down, and ask away as much as you want. It's not really successful if something doesn't turn out the way you want it to be :)
#410  May 15, 2016, 09:48:09 pm
    • USA
I guess so. I apologize, I'm not good at sourcing problems. I just see that the bangs are a bit thin and the face needs work.
do the thing
#411  May 15, 2016, 09:52:02 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Don't apologize, you did nothing wrong. Hell, you are giving me what I want, so there's no need to say sorry for anything.

I will see what I can do again with the face and hair bangs, and will show more than one attempt to see which one you like. ;)
#412  May 18, 2016, 01:33:02 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Took a break from la vie to do some other stuff:

KoF XIV Athena. Like Clark and Ralf, I opted to forsake certain details, like the frills on her skirt, and some shoe details (laces, star sign on the top of her shoes).

My submission for the May 2016 "Challenge of the Month", hosted by British artist extraordinaire Josiah "Jazza" Brooks of Drawing with Jazza fame.

Was fun making something original for once. (I'm a terrible cameraman, I know. Wish it wasn't my phone camera too.)

I'm still working on the other requests, I will attempt to put all gears on full throttle for the 1st four requests in order to move along with the rest.
#413  May 20, 2016, 01:36:14 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Can I have some feedback on Lilith's head? Like, I'unno, maybe the face? I'm pretty sure that the head size is good, but IDK what to do with the face.

Just for the record, I referenced eFEX's rendition of Lilith.

And lo and behold, work on Hilbert and Bilstein will commence.

Ryu's there pretty much for head size referencing, because fuck trying to make the height accurate against Ryu (shorter than/taller than/etc.) honestly.

I will still work on Bannou and Nadeshiko, but they'll take a bit of a backseat for Hilbert and Bilstein.
Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 01:40:16 am by Zaitsu Hatter
#414  May 20, 2016, 01:52:48 am
    • USA
Let me see. Her neck looks really awkwardly skinny, and her hair seems to need to be a bit longer downward, maybe a tiny bit less wide. Her head seems shaped a bit oddly as well, maybe try to even it out at the bottom, and make the curves on the chin less extreme. The face doesnt seem too bad at this point, and I assume you've been putting the other issues I listed before on hold.
do the thing
#415  May 20, 2016, 02:08:07 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Sure, I can do that. And the other issues, I assume you mean the shoulder, boot width and ab lighting, which I will indeed refine.

At least the face worked out, sort of.
#416  May 20, 2016, 02:14:39 am
    • USA
Theres also the viewers right hand and viewers left arm.
do the thing
#417  May 20, 2016, 02:17:28 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Theres also the viewers right hand and viewers left arm.

Viewer's right hand is almost the same as the model artwork (almost), it's missing a finger, so that can be arranged.

As for the v. left arm, I'll make sure to edit it again.
#418  May 20, 2016, 02:24:55 am
    • USA
do the thing

lui

#419  May 20, 2016, 02:29:42 am
    • USA
it looks just fine, it's just due to the perspective really. i actually would want to make the palm of the hand a bit longer because those fingers are long as hell, especially compared to that hand on the v. left side. theres no palm at all. maybe shorten the fingers about a pixel or two and make the palm a bit bigger.

i know you love lilith very much but tbh i do think some of the suggestions are extremely nitpicky, remember there ARE limitations when it comes to pixel design. your suggestions are still very solid and are good but i just think some things like the hair suggestions are just really, really nitpicky.
#420  May 20, 2016, 02:38:32 am
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
I really liked the Lilith sprite, so I tried a little:
So addicting. I hope you don't mind. Of course, not finished at all, but you could see those parts.
Feel free anyway.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new