YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] Z2 Sprite thread (Read 1080490 times)

Started by AlexSin, October 14, 2012, 11:57:57 am
Re: [Theme Thread] Z2 Sprite thread
#1021  March 02, 2017, 01:22:34 am
No jpeg files!
Use Png, bmp, gif files instead.

ZX2

#1022  March 02, 2017, 01:23:59 am
  • Bringer of Unseen Tales
  • The Finale Begins With You~
you're right thanks

http://imgur.com/tDInXXA

Btw the Idle is pretty much about half of a rough draft at least for the top, and the buttom of it is actually Mixed pieces of sprites from SSJ GokuZ2, PiccoloZ2, & TienZ2 (Almost said TrunksZ2 lol) which I only used parts of their Bottom Gi's, fixed a lot of stuff so that it didn't look like it was cropped off of the sprites, But in the process learned how Palettes are are made which I've improved on (Sigh I still hadn't finished the top rough draft though).
Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 09:24:42 am by ZX2

ZX2

#1023  March 02, 2017, 02:31:20 am
Finally fixed the problem
step 1. make an Imgur account
step 2. fail several times trying to get the link
step 3. make sure it's a gif so it doesn't look blurry
step 4. repeat step 2 and forget how step 3 was possible lol
#1024  March 02, 2017, 02:44:25 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
You actually didnt need to sign up for imgur ( but it helps if you want to delete them down the line )

ZX2

#1025  March 02, 2017, 02:50:20 am
Well yeah but I was out of options so meh. but yeah that is my OC Kairia for Hyper DBZ in the Z2 style, and I'm hoping to maybe continue making her the Original character of Hyper DBZ :)
Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 02:07:12 am by AlexSin
#1026  March 02, 2017, 10:07:39 pm
  • Great Mind - Improving Skills
  • Low Level raising his power!
    • Skype - andersonscarecrow
His eye is 1 solid color.

...and what's exactly wrong with that?

His pose, while looking a bit like a combat stance, doesn't quite make it for me, he should've his arms crossed and standing up straight, but thats just me. One could just go with the pose.

This is the part where it just stops being feedback and it goes full on "oh, I see him standing up straight, so you should make him stand up straight, but that's just me!", which is not even useful.

As in, it's one shade of a color. One LITERAL color. In Balthazar's sprites, the sclera usually has two shades of grey/white and Iris is just one shade. Was I unclear? Look at anyone from HDBZ, if I'm not clear then, I really don't know what to say.

Look at the eyes or zoom in real close. You'll get what I meant eventually.

Also, pretty sure his knees are flexed or at least half through it. I meant something kinda like this:

Like I said before, that IS just me.

ZX2

#1027  March 03, 2017, 04:34:28 am

I think Normal Vegetto needs to be a more pale it's just a suggestion but.

Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 02:06:52 am by AlexSin

ZX2

#1028  March 03, 2017, 05:59:50 am
How does this look? I hope you don't mind I felt like it could be edited a little n_n
Just a color edit to Normal Vegetto's skin
Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 06:07:00 am by ZX2
#1029  March 03, 2017, 06:18:29 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
I think normal Vegito's hair is much too big.  It should be shorter, kinda like GohanZ2's hair.  However, Super Vegito looks like he has the correct hair size.
Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 02:06:13 am by AlexSin

ZX2

#1030  March 03, 2017, 08:36:01 am
Nah GohanZ2's hair wouldn't do it (it's really short compared to Goku and Vegeta). Maybe if the top was shorten a bit but overall it looks alright to me :/

ZX2

#1031  March 03, 2017, 10:18:01 am
Okay update I made different color edits of her Gi (pants), and atm as they all look cool in my opinion I'm curious of which ones you guys like (Yes I know part of the character sprite isn't done yet which is kind of a tough one atm). but yeah here are the Types

#1032  March 04, 2017, 04:41:25 am
Oh, that Vegetto isn't mine. It's an edit of SSJ Goku, so yes, his hair IS different on purpose. Differences include his hair being shorter, a lil bit of Vegeta's widow peak, even his hair color is a bit messed up ( Vegetto has a more brown/reddish tint along with dark colors ). As SSJ, his hair isn't THAT big as it is a mix of Vegeta's basic recolor and spiky-er look and Goku's straight up lift everything to hell.
I myself will make my OWN Vegetto when I'm done with the last final edit I need to do to Jackie Chun and post my ultimate version of him here. In fact, other than Tien and Yamcha, the other characters I'd like to see in HDBZ ( and sprite them myself ) were Jackie Chun/Kame Sennin and Vegetto ( and Super Vegetto ).
For reference:

ZX2

#1033  March 04, 2017, 07:31:18 am
Oooohhh so that's why. Well then sorry editing your edit of someone else's Vegetto lol aw man edit-ception starring SSJ6 Leonardo. Also I tried looking for that Jackie-Chun final edit but can't find anything

Thanks for that, I really appreciate it. And I have done some tweaks to the sprite:
I still don't know how i should pose the arms though.

I Wouldn't mind giving you a hand with the Bergamo Z2 sprite, Heck I'll even try remaking it with a different stance.
Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 10:16:49 am by AlexSin

ZX2

#1034  March 08, 2017, 04:42:30 am
Okay Question. where can I find the Air light kick, Air medium punch, & Air Heavy punch sprites for SSJ Goku Z2? I've looked in his folder >files >readme >images picking out maybe 1 or 2 sprites, but I can't find the Air light kick, Air medium punch, & Air Heavy punch sprites. Like if you guys maybe know where in his folder I can find the GIF of those 3 moves, or some other method of obtaining them.
Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 04:50:09 am by ZX2
#1035  March 08, 2017, 05:47:39 am
Oooohhh so that's why. Well then sorry editing your edit of someone else's Vegetto lol aw man edit-ception starring SSJ6 Leonardo. Also I tried looking for that Jackie-Chun final edit but can't find anything

Didnt do the final edit yet. There is my previous version of him a few pages ago even though I did a horrible mistake that I am currently fixing.
#1036  March 08, 2017, 10:29:52 am
You could have just shown it to him:

since you used Daeron's sprite as a base, remember to change the lightsource too. It's not looking bad, I'm wondering what this horrible mistake is.
You're missing the white stripes on the clothing and some detailing on the sprite, but other than that, it's fine.

Okay Question. where can I find the Air light kick, Air medium punch, & Air Heavy punch sprites for SSJ Goku Z2? I've looked in his folder >files >readme >images picking out maybe 1 or 2 sprites, but I can't find the Air light kick, Air medium punch, & Air Heavy punch sprites. Like if you guys maybe know where in his folder I can find the GIF of those 3 moves, or some other method of obtaining them.

Do you use Fighter Factory? I suggest you to get Fighter Factory 3.
Open it, open the character (you should have it, it's called SSJGokuZ2), then go to the .sff (the file for the sprites) and search for groups 630, 640, 650. Those are the groups for aerial light/medium/strong kick.
Re: (Z2 Inspired) Pikkon
#1037  March 08, 2017, 12:41:38 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
I've been thinking about making pikkon in a z2 style for almost a year now, and i think i finally have an idea that is good enough to present.

"Profile Picture"

Full Sprite:

Hopefully this fits the z2 style, and if not feel free to make any edits you see are necessary. And If you think I jumped into calling this a sprite project too soon, you're probably right. I purposely did it this way to get feedback sooner than later so huge problems don't have to be fixed later on after I start animating, like in the last z2 inspired project I made.
Do a search for Pikkon reference. He is a slim character, but wears loose clothing.
 You could start with Piccolo as a base to edit. It should help you get a feel for the art style.
Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 01:13:41 pm by Alpha Proto

ZX2

#1038  March 08, 2017, 05:11:58 pm
You could have just shown it to him:

since you used Daeron's sprite as a base, remember to change the lightsource too. It's not looking bad, I'm wondering what this horrible mistake is.
You're missing the white stripes on the clothing and some detailing on the sprite, but other than that, it's fine.

Do you use Fighter Factory? I suggest you to get Fighter Factory 3.
Open it, open the character (you should have it, it's called SSJGokuZ2), then go to the .sff (the file for the sprites) and search for groups 630, 640, 650. Those are the groups for aerial light/medium/strong kick.

Oh right I do actually have Fighter Factory 3 but I only downloaded it out of curiosity and to try swappnig SSJGokuZ2's Chracater select portrait with Balthazar's SSJ4 Goku portrait (Mainly because I like using the SSJ4 goku palette and when he relaesed the video of him making the portrait it seemed awesome). But due to me not knowing crap about it I decided to just leave it alone, besides someone from Hyper Battles uploaded a video of SSJ Goku edit with teh SSJ4 goku portrait so n_n; less work for me heh heh. anyway thanks I will try that
#1039  March 08, 2017, 10:17:22 pm
    • Mexico

is based in goku z2 from balthazar and hadesdios supremo idea of the outfits
http://armentis.deviantart.com/ http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=133017.0
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

ZX2

#1040  March 09, 2017, 01:42:37 am

is based in goku z2 from balthazar and hadesdios supremo idea of the outfits

Oh My God. Oh my Gooood that looks so good! O_0 I'm talking about the first 3 gifs it looks improved from the whole SSR Goku black edit (Which has another edit that looks like Vegetto). Maybe that this should be Vegetto's base stance, I think alot could be done from there. looks great n_nb