YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] Z2 Sprite thread (Read 1071800 times)

Started by AlexSin, October 14, 2012, 11:57:57 am

ZX2

Re: [Theme Thread] Z2 Sprite thread
#1161  April 14, 2017, 06:33:07 am
  • Bringer of Unseen Tales
  • The Finale Begins With You~

I've been working on more stances! The bottom right one is the most recent - I've been pumping these out daily until I find something everyone can agree on that looks fine.
*Wheezes laughing*  :laugh3: I'm sorry I thought that was turtle's head about to come out of the hole in his skin suit! XD
It looks like good, including what you did with the SSJ hair (Needs a touch up but). Although I thought you'd be using that sprite me, and what's his name made for ya fixing it, that post below the sword version good be the SSJ Version if Idk if you wanna make 2 versions like Base Vegeta, and Majin Vegeta (It'd be pretty sick so long as you make a lot like with how much Vegeta, and Majineta have). But hey maybe you could go into Vegeta's sff and use a few of his sprites to help you out.
Also I feel like making that ssj trunks portrait for ya if it's okay? ^_^

How's this pose?

(left sprite by likiji123, and right one by Nico_18)
Oh yeah I forgot likiji123 was working on that 17 thing, I wonder how he/she has been doing with it. Nico_18 works on the 18 in that Champ edition trailer right? just curious.

#1162  April 14, 2017, 06:39:33 am
  • "Get up, it's too early for you to be defeated!!"
    • New Zealand
    • EthanHoppe053@gmail.com
I was going to work on your edit (I really really liked it), but Iced himself gave me some suggestions and told me not to put his hand on his sword due to the impracticality. I do intend on using your edit in some way or another though, don't worry.

As for the portrait I kinda told Walruslui he can work on a portrait for Trunks, but if you want to draw him too you should go ahead!
Hardcore Palette and Color Separation enthusiast
#1163  April 14, 2017, 06:43:00 am
  • Great Mind - Improving Skills
  • Low Level raising his power!
    • Skype - andersonscarecrow

I've been working on more stances! The bottom right one is the most recent - I've been pumping these out daily until I find something everyone can agree on that looks fine.

Could use some work on the faces. He looks kinda derpy with the mouth and eyes positioned like that.
Try something more like this:

HQ

#1164  April 14, 2017, 08:51:24 am

Hatter, you took Nico's first edit from deviantArt that got height reduced in the character development/ design process
Find the right size here:

The pose looks a bit to stiff & not rather fitting for C17 imho, the head/hair needs to be bigger
The bandana looks nice so far!
#1165  April 14, 2017, 02:24:31 pm
    • Argentina

http://i.imgur.com/mptLmH4.png

I'm not an expert in Z2 style but I wanted to help you improve that head. I changed the skin color because I don't think Tien's works for him. I used Vegeta as reference and played some with the hue and saturation to make it look slightly different. I'm sure it's far from perfect but I wanted to do it.

I decided to update his hair again. I used C18's hair as reference to edit Trunks'.

Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 10:35:19 pm by HadeS

ZX2

#1166  April 14, 2017, 02:50:12 pm
That's actually a pretty good edit if I do say myself. All that's actually bugging me a bit which isn't really big of a deal is his arms & legs, the armor, boots, and gloves are perfect, I just feel like some sprites from Vegeta could be used to help with that bit.
#1167  April 14, 2017, 05:21:57 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Hatter, you took Nico's first edit from deviantArt that got height reduced in the character development/ design process
Find the right size here:

Thanks for telling me this. Would never have guessed that it changed.

The pose looks a bit to stiff & not rather fitting for C17 imho, the head/hair needs to be bigger
The bandana looks nice so far!

Alright, I'll guess I'll give him his fighting game pose (Budokai I guess).

This is a generic forum signature.
#1168  April 14, 2017, 10:53:46 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios

I edited likiji123's 17 sprite.  I hope you don't mind likiji123.
I tried to make his stance & height closer to 18's.
I have no plans to do anything else with this sprite.
If you want to make it into a character, or add the gun and holster go ahead.
When he fought Piccolo he didn't have the gun or holster. So I don't see the need to add it.
Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 01:32:09 pm by Alpha Proto

lui

#1169  April 14, 2017, 10:54:41 pm
    • USA
that's likiji123's

great edit btw

did this one for Ethan's Trunks, hopefully this motivates him a bit more ;)
Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 02:03:10 am by Walruslui
#1170  April 15, 2017, 03:52:22 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
Thats a great edit Alpha Proto!
I might make some slight adjustments to it to make it feel "less C18", but i do like what ya did there
#1171  April 15, 2017, 04:16:23 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

The farthest hand doesn't look like a closed fist, more like piano keys (at least when compared to the artist right hand).

Hair doesn't even feel like Saiyan Future Trunks hair, more like a tropical tree top. Isn't it supposed to loook like this?

Top body angle doesn't line up with lower body angle. And if this is supposed to be the select port for HDBZ, then it really needs more detail IMO, but then again I don't know what this is for honestly.

The metallic shading looks nice though.
This is a generic forum signature.

ZX2

#1172  April 15, 2017, 05:06:16 am
that's likiji123's

great edit btw

Ah damn =_=; beat me too it but meh I guess. I'm still gonna do my version though.
#1173  April 15, 2017, 05:12:25 am
    • New Zealand
Armor Trunks' hair is a little bit crazier to say the least.

lui

#1174  April 15, 2017, 06:58:00 am
    • USA

The farthest hand doesn't look like a closed fist, more like piano keys (at least when compared to the artist right hand).

Hair doesn't even feel like Saiyan Future Trunks hair, more like a tropical tree top. Isn't it supposed to loook like this?

Top body angle doesn't line up with lower body angle. And if this is supposed to be the select port for HDBZ, then it really needs more detail IMO, but then again I don't know what this is for honestly.

The metallic shading looks nice though.

yeah I need to work on the hand

about the hair, actually I REDUCED the volume on it since the source image I used had the hair just all crazy-like and stuff and I was gonna kill myself if I did that

and yeah I know about the body angle, just realized that a bit after I posted it. this is again based on the source image I used, shoulda picked a better one tbh

yeah it's supposed to be a select port. the only other detail it needs honestly is an extra color for the blue shading. other than that it's fine the way it is.

also I took a look at vegeta's artwork earlier, it seems I shaded the shoes wrongly, i'll be redoing that when I get to the sprite revisions.

thanks a bunch for the feedback hatter as always
#1175  April 15, 2017, 07:19:55 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
i feel like the colours on that are wayyy to dark

I made a attempt to see what goku would look like updated
Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 08:03:02 am by likiji123
#1176  April 15, 2017, 08:53:18 am
    • USA

When he fought Piccolo he didn't have the gun or holster. So I don't see the need to add it.

this is my boy I can't wait to play him nice work

ZX2

#1177  April 15, 2017, 09:09:27 am

this is my boy I can't wait to play him nice work

And I can't wait to play my boy Krillin Mishima with this sick Heihachi Palette giving yo boy the headbutttttts. Dooriyah!
<FX effects
I really want this to be a Palette when he's released. XD

Also I put together this stance with only bits, and pieces of vegeta's sprites with the Head hades made. But I couldn't find a way around the hand on his sword, I kind of wish he wasn't holding it.
#1178  April 15, 2017, 09:38:55 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios

Test crouching animation.
Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 04:28:38 am by Alpha Proto

ZX2

#1179  April 15, 2017, 09:54:27 am
#1180  April 15, 2017, 11:08:59 am
    • New Zealand
@ZX2 That sprite you did looks so great, I'm kinda jealous! All these edits really improve on my stuff so much.
@HadeS, your edit actually did wonders for my Trunks. He looks so much better now, thank you very much.

I worked upon my last stance some more and worked on some feedback I got from you guys and Iced (I hope I fixed the stuff he pointed out so far), did some re-workings inspired by Balthazar's newest Goku sprite on Patreon and used HadeS's edit to get this new version.