YesNoOk

FJF Artwork (Taking Commissions) <Rate on Pg.1> (Read 82872 times)

Started by F. James Fernandez, April 06, 2011, 04:20:56 am
Re: FJF Sprites Thread
#21  July 23, 2011, 08:38:31 pm
    • Edtion.TK
They are high-res -_-.
Low-res = fit for 320x240
High-res = fit for 640x480
hd/hd-res - fit for 1600x1200

those are general sizes.
#22  July 24, 2011, 02:02:44 am
  • Do not expect me to get it right your way
    • USA
    • http://darkzeroprojects.deviantart.com/
They are high-res -_-.
Low-res = fit for 320x240
High-res = fit for 640x480
hd/hd-res - fit for 1600x1200

those are general sizes.

huh  :D  really...ive been trying to find out that, and now i jsut got back here and this is what i get, thanks for sharing editon, now that i know that,for now,im happy
Trying to figure out what to do...
#23  July 24, 2011, 03:21:06 am
  • I'm a empty vessel seeking to be filled.
    • USA
Yeah, being that I have both GG and BB sprites I am always looking back and forth on them to compare size and working around that.
#24  July 26, 2011, 01:47:53 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Great concept behind the DC animation with Reu inside. :)
#25  September 09, 2011, 10:54:34 pm
    • USA
Hey guys. I just recently came back from a little vaca. I didnt get to sprite much.  but since i got back i started grinding those sprites and animations. Here is something I did to get back in to spriting. Character's name is Nine designed by Kasai.

#26  September 11, 2011, 04:23:46 am
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
Looks brilliant :)
#27  October 21, 2011, 06:27:07 pm
    • USA
99% done. Decided to work on it a bit today. Can use some minor Anti aliasing. I was trying to see how my sprites look with less colors. Less colors in terms of shadow equals faster work lol  o_O just noticed i missed some minor detailing. i have to edit it.

Character design by Kasai

Fighting pose by its creator.

Sprited by me
Character's name : NINE

LOL i forgot that this forum dont care for original characters. back to deviantart.

Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 11:25:56 pm by F. James Fernandez
#28  October 23, 2011, 07:23:01 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
I care  ;D ! He looks nifty ;) Very nice !
#29  October 23, 2011, 09:07:53 pm
looking good, man. keep it up
#30  October 23, 2011, 09:25:23 pm
  • Do not expect me to get it right your way
    • USA
    • http://darkzeroprojects.deviantart.com/
The 2nd pic got me inspired abit to make some quick painting designs  yesterday, cept my headache made me do only two..
one done in  paint tool sai and other in photoshop .... FJF keep it going 
Trying to figure out what to do...
#31  October 24, 2011, 04:02:41 pm
    • pastygames.tumblr.com
I always love your line work, but I feel you lose something when you transition to pixels. Everything comes out too neat and precise, and I don't think it's just because of detail loss. I think you're better than you're letting yourself be.
#32  October 24, 2011, 11:17:38 pm
    • USA
I care  ;D ! He looks nifty ;) Very nice !

Thank you. I was beginning to worry LOL I just dont like wasting my time resrpiting already made character unless they weren't sprited before.

looking good, man. keep it up

TY

The 2nd pic got me inspired abit to make some quick painting designs  yesterday, cept my headache made me do only two..
one done in  paint tool sai and other in photoshop .... FJF keep it going 

Not my drawings but I am sure Kasai would be delighted to hear that.

I always love your line work, but I feel you lose something when you transition to pixels. Everything comes out too neat and precise, and I don't think it's just because of detail loss. I think you're better than you're letting yourself be.

Those two line work were not done by me. I told the artist to make a fighting stance for his character so that I may sprite it. But I can tell you that my own line work, when I ink or pixelate it for spriting of course you lose the sketching feel to it. Its the reason why I hate inking my drawings. Unless I draw my pictures with just ink itself. I don't know the detail that I am missing that you are mentioning. Sketching and spriting are both in a way different with their own detailing. Can't help spriting neatly. There is no way around it. Single new frames always takes the longest because I study were everything goes. When animating its different.
Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 11:22:10 pm by F. James Fernandez
#33  October 25, 2011, 04:12:57 pm
    • pastygames.tumblr.com
Well then I suppose it's a style choice. Your style is like the antithesis of JoJo's.
#34  May 06, 2012, 09:19:54 am
    • USA
Wow its 3:18am here I need to get my ass to sleep. I just wanted to post a new sprite I did. Wanted to  do something outside of Mel for a change for some practice. Ill finish it up tomorrow or something. Some things can be edited but, here is your chance to pick at it lol

#35  May 06, 2012, 12:11:49 pm
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
Before I got to sleep myself:

Head needs a bit of work and pose, specifically the torso in relation to the legs, seems a bit uncomfortable (this last thing being just a personal impression rather than criticism).
#36  May 06, 2012, 08:56:12 pm
    • Thailand
Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 09:31:20 pm by Rajaa
#37  May 06, 2012, 09:21:36 pm
  • I'll be back...
    • Cuba
it looks pretty cool, but he looks like he is twisting too much
#38  May 07, 2012, 01:04:41 am
    • USA
LMAO Blam the reference I was using. I was trying to find his fighting stance but I really couldnt find anything. And I kinda do line the one he has in Generations.

If anyone has references post them up here and ill redo it. I should had just done the pose myself and take a picture of it and draw it that way then sprite it..
Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 01:12:42 am by F. James Fernandez
#39  May 07, 2012, 04:10:20 am
  • Yu Yu hakusho spriter
    • USA
    • thanewdude07.deviantart.com/

:suttrox:

I would say his lower body (wastes waist and down) look like it's deviating from his upper body. Twisting too much, so to speak. =p Great job otherwise.

I knew you had hand in this ::)

FJF

Looks good i would say try to shade the hair a bit different i think that could be better.

Example
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Try to go for that anime shading on the hair and i think that will add to the sprite! Good luck man! :sugoi:

More stuff Get ready for the best yusuke ever!! http://thanewdude07.deviantart.com/

Check out my youtube for more fun stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamSpamBustah?feature=guide
#40  May 07, 2012, 04:48:25 am
    • USA
I did got for that shade (kinda) all i did was reuse Mels color. Reason why I didnt do the lightest one is because it made the hair stand out way too much. So what I did was go for the dirty look that you see on the manga cover. Ill work to fix up the stance. I like this stance because its different and it stands out. not like the boring one he has in shonen super star and generations. I took several pictures of myself doing that pose but the angles didnt work. the straight side ways made it look too flat and it was poor angles on the dagger as well. so its trail and error with this one.