YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat X / XL (Read 1166216 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 01, 2014, 08:19:49 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Mortal Kombat X (Last update on 02.26.15)
#2701  December 04, 2015, 06:42:54 pm
    • USA
Man, people all over the Internet are really salty about this pack. I get that they would rather have some other MK character than another guest, but I love me some crossovers and I'm totally okay with it.

It's cool that they're trying to redeem Bo Rai Cho. Hopefully they'll make him not as stupid this time. I don't care about the cyborgs, but I am interested in how they are gonna make Leatherface fight. I never watched The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, so I don't know what else he does besides chainsaw. Still, I'm actually anticipating him a little bit. The only character I'm really hype for is the Alien. People are mad because he replaced Baraka, but uhh, I never really liked him anyway, so I'm cool with it.
#2702  December 04, 2015, 06:43:24 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
spawn.
#2703  December 04, 2015, 07:07:52 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
I never watched The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, so I don't know what else he does besides chainsaw.

Actually... he never killed anybody with it. At all. Ever.

So... yeah. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre... has no chainsaw killings in the movie
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

But yeah, he's similar to Jason in the way that pretty much -all- of his attacks were killing blows with limited exception so we'll just have to see.
#2704  December 04, 2015, 07:14:51 pm
im not very happy about these movie characters, what do they have in common with mortal kombat except of their brutality ? nothing, or would anyone like too see mortal kombat characters appearing in Alien or texas chainsaw massacre, i dont think so, they could have choosen fujin or frost or reiko, baraka,sindel,rain, havik and so much others, but instead we have now more garbage.
#2705  December 04, 2015, 07:17:39 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com

So... yeah. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre... has no chainsaw killings in the movie

God dang it, why name a movie like that when it doesn't even involve death by chainsaw.
#2706  December 04, 2015, 07:19:36 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
he did kill some people with it
I actually really happy with this pack
hoping some crazy fatality for Leatherface
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#2707  December 04, 2015, 07:20:22 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
This is all I got for LeaFace. 

He could have the most devastating corner pressure in the game with his chainsaw taking a good chunk of chip damage backed up with the best anti-airs that allows him to juggle the opponent to the corner.  The drawback would be lack of mobility and ways to approach the opponent with limited rushdown moves.  Keepaway will be his weakness, but he could have a move that somersaults with the chainsaw as a way to get it.

And another variation where he magically summons helpers to try and limit the opponent's position but loses all his deadly corner pres-You know what I still have trouble thinking of how a fat serial killer should be played that doesn't make him EX-Jason.
#2708  December 04, 2015, 08:54:49 pm

God dang it, why name a movie like that when it doesn't even involve death by chainsaw.

He kills Franklin (the wheel chair guy) with the chainsaw in the first movie.

The fuck are ya'll talking about?

In fact, his appearance in the trailer looks to be based on that very scene.
#2709  December 04, 2015, 09:24:53 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
The only one I'm disappointed with is Leatherface only because I think Ed is trying too hard to sell his nostalgia boner he's got going on.
#2710  December 04, 2015, 09:53:51 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
I derped. I seriously didn't remember because he used it -once- in a filmed title called -chainsaw massacre-

I know he used it a lot more in the sequel (the one we don't talk about)
Don't know about the remake(s) though.
#2711  December 04, 2015, 10:02:14 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
I heard he is suppose to be an homage to Gunnar Hansen the actor who played leatherface and died in November
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#2712  December 04, 2015, 11:29:24 pm
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas
I heard he is suppose to be an homage to Gunnar Hansen the actor who played leatherface and died in November

That is actually correct.

AFAIK, Boon likes TCM, and the inclusion of Leatherface is a homage to the actor who portrayed him.

I'm quite meh about Leatherface honestly. I got the Cyborg Fusion and Alien.

Personally I was expecting 2 franchise chars and 2 guests.

And I was pretty sure Spawn wasn't going to be on this because NRS lost the chance when they could add him.

Might be me, but I could see a Kombat Pack 3 in the middle of 2016.
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.
#2713  December 05, 2015, 01:44:49 am
    • Indonesia
    • larsmasters.deviantart.com
My bet for Season 3 should be 3 Story NPC Fighter + Ash

lui

#2714  December 06, 2015, 10:06:00 am
    • USA

DMK

#2715  December 06, 2015, 10:31:00 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Terminator Vs Predator Vs Xenomorph?

I'm okay with this.
#2716  December 06, 2015, 10:55:27 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
They should get the terrordrome developers on board and develope a fighting game with 20 horror movie characters and typical MK gameplay.
#2717  December 06, 2015, 03:37:13 pm
    • Germany
They should get the terrordrome developers on board and develope a fighting game with 20 horror movie characters and typical MK gameplay.

It is just not that simple, they would have to get the rights to use all this Movie chars for a commercial game, and that is not so easy and would require a lot of negotiations with the right holders, and probably a lot of money.
Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 04:25:17 pm by Lichtbringer

Bea

#2718  December 06, 2015, 03:38:12 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
They have easy, cheap access to anything Warner owns, at least.
And that involves a lot of terror film IPs.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#2719  December 06, 2015, 03:47:44 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
My main gripe is just to keep the guest characters to 1 per pack. Half the characters in this one are guest characters. I think it's getting out of hand like that. If there were not tons of MK characters not in the game it wouldn't be so bad
#2720  December 17, 2015, 01:32:54 am
  • fuck me right in the street
    • USA
As a pretty big horror fan I like Leatherface's inclusion, I'm just  not to sure what they're gonna do with his variations. Fists, Mallet, Chainsaw maybe?? The Tarkatan Xenomorph is fucking retarded in my opinion though. If you're gonna add a Xenomorph fine do it, but why do you have to add a stupid "spin" on him? I just see it as an excuse to include some sort of Baraka type character. If it's just a Baraka re-map with new variations I'm gonna be very fucking upset that's just lazy. Bo Rai Cho is just an after thought at this point, I do think it'd be funny if he's been a completely serious non-joke character up until Shinnok through his ass around the Jinsei Temple and he now has some sort of brain damage but retains all his martial arts skills. Tri-Borg is very interesting, I am a bit curious as to how the fuck Smoke is a Cyborg when he's been a revenant since the end of MK9. Actually it's probably not even canon so fuck it. It'd be cool if each variation had different fatalities since they're technically different characters, but I doubt it.