YesNoOk

The Kamen Rider/Super Sentai Thread (Read 609191 times)

Started by Hams Will Get You, September 07, 2009, 10:26:18 am
Share this topic:
Re: The Kamen Rider/Super Sentai Thread
#441  September 13, 2012, 11:44:33 pm
  • Just your regular user
  • The Dragon is Here!
    • Mexico
    • twitch.tv/dragonofcourage90
Did you liked the new opening for Go-Busters, with the new theme?

Too bad that in the opening, Escape doesn't appear.
The Dragon is here!
#442  September 14, 2012, 10:30:29 pm
  • Unique, just like everyone else
The more I see of Escape, the more I want Jin to run up to her and yank her top down.

Don't lie, you all want to see her tits, too.

As for the opening.  I like the music better, but after watching Akibaranger, the retooling is... immersion-breakingly obvious.  Akibaranger may have ruined Sentai tropes for me before I've even watched a full Sentai (Go-Busters is the first I've attempted to watch, which is another rant in and of itself...).

Anyway, I just know they're gonna kill Messiah in the next episode.  I know that because his suit design, like so many before him, is apparently too good to live. Goddamnit, Go-Buster's monster designs are balls-out fantastic, but they never fucking last.  Ugh.
#443  September 15, 2012, 02:17:08 am
  • Just your regular user
  • The Dragon is Here!
    • Mexico
I'm not a pervert... and Escape is an avatar.

And this is not a re-tooling ala Hibiki. They just got a new intro ala Blade, but with the Title Scream back. And now I'm looking forward for Messiah's corporeal form. I hope with this, Go-Busters would gain rating, aside for Toei's main factor... toy sales.

Because Super Sentai, and Kamen Rider are kids' shows, with us as the "Nobuo Syndrome" otakus.
The Dragon is here!
#444  September 18, 2012, 06:48:22 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
DELIVERING HOPE WHILE BRINGING YOU DONUTS... KAMEN RIDER WIZARD!!! (ep 03)

haruto's harem is increasing (whic makes koyomi jelly)

good episode except for every time we are dumb fucks spamming this site for ten years-kun appeared (except when he fell into DESPAIR)

so basically every episode will revolve around phantoms doing this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCKjctTWIsw
i'm liking the idea more than i should (unrelated but anyone else thinks medusa's voice is earsex specially in phantom mode?)

and just when i was wondering how will wizard amaze me today: RAIDAAAAA.... DORAGOOOOON-BAIKU-KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKU

and not a single donut was eaten.... by haruto ;_;

WATOOO PURRREEEEEEZE (the water shield was lame)
#445  September 18, 2012, 11:21:53 am
My only gripe so far is we don't know anything about Medusa and her red counterpart whose name I can't remember because they have told me literally nothing memorable about either of them.

Everything else is amazing so far, and considering that, I expect the info on the apparent antagonists will be quite riveting once it's dealt with.  It's just hard to find them threatening at the moment.  At least have one of them show up and curbstomp Haruto before leaving in typical villainous fashion so I know they're dangerous.

That said, we're only three episodes in, for all I know that'll happen within the next two and all will be right with the world.

Also, the closeups on Wizard have given me a new appreciation for the detail in the costume.  In all the promo material it just looked like the clear bits were smooth, but they're actually faceted up close.  It's kinda neat to look at.  Kinda sucks how that detail gets lost in the action.

Also also, BIGASS TRANSFORMING FLAMING DRAGON CLAW BOOT BIKE KICK.  That one thing is literally better than all of Fourze's gimmicks combined.
#446  September 18, 2012, 11:54:40 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
My only gripe so far is we don't know anything about Medusa and her red counterpart whose name I can't remember because they have told me literally nothing memorable about either of them.
Phoenix.
We know that they're trying to transform people into Phantoms and they're working under someone else's order (They name someone in episode 2), that's all, it's barely episode 3 (Their intentions are clearer than the Greeed's so far)

Nara Shunpei is... yeah, ugh... it could be worse thought, he could be male Akiko.
Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 03:01:00 am by S.D.
#447  September 19, 2012, 01:47:04 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Also is it just me, or are they not even trying to hide where the second rider may come from.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#448  September 19, 2012, 02:12:34 am
It could have worked if Shunpei being a wizard wasn't a fake trick, but he could easily remain a dumb ass support nerd without becoming a second rider. He'd need one hell of a badass leveling session to become relevant like that. So far they're just setting up a little fanboys/fangirls group like in Fourze, not something a second rider would come from IMO.
On the other hand, what's pretty obvious with the upgrade forms name is the plot for how he'll get them - by channeling the power of his dragon Phantom.

edit - oh ! I already completely forgot about that. Sounds like G3+Birth.
||
V
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 10:00:22 am by Carpe Diem
#449  September 19, 2012, 07:09:06 am
Depends on what you mean by where the second rider will come from.

Right now my money is on it originating from Section Zero, most likely a tech Rider, probably utilizing something like "bottled Phantom" to power it like Birth used Cell Medals to power his tech.  If they take this route, I imagine this Rider would be mostly antagonistic, but would often ally with Haruto due to similar means serving both their differing ends.

Alternatively, we'll get a "rogue wizard", a magical Rider, who either stole the power from someone or something, or got the power legitimately but is abusing it at first.  But he'll have a change of heart along the way when something or someone he cares about it nearly killed to birth a Phantom.

In either case, I imagine the character will somehow be related to Koyomi.  Likely an older brother.

My secret wish is Section Zero dupes Rinko into being the second Rider by telling her having this power will help her help people.  Initially they use her as a tool, making her into a reluctant but obedient version of scenario 1 above, until around episode 35-ish, when she realizes she's being controlled and fights the power, ultimately sacrificing her powers to give Haruto something he needs (a power boost, a new weapon, or simply keeping another big bad off his back long enough to finish something).
#450  September 22, 2012, 04:49:53 pm
hey guys just a quick question: for kamern rider fourze should i got with aesir subs or over-time?
#451  September 22, 2012, 07:34:12 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
#452  September 22, 2012, 11:42:37 pm
Not sure I buy the Summoner/Samurai one, but I can see a Witch being possible.  And I should've guessed White Wizard was technically a Rider, having a driver and all that, which means we've already got a two-rider show and anyone else added would make it 3+.

Personally I still think a tech-y Rider created by Section Zero is the most likely outcome.  I don't see much point to their existence if it isn't to establish the source of a rival power somewhere down the line.
#453  September 24, 2012, 11:48:17 pm
  • Just your regular user
  • The Dragon is Here!
    • Mexico
Anywhere, have you seen the appeareance of Geki Jumonji/Gavan Type-G in Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters?
The Dragon is here!
#454  September 25, 2012, 12:11:48 am
Yes, and I actually really enjoyed it.  I facepalmed pretty hard when they padded the show with Gavan henshin trivia and Nick suddenly being able to fly, but I really really like the added complexity of another group of heroes tracking down another villain coupled with the mystery of why Enter is apparently alive and where these new Vagras/Megazords are coming from.  Part of me really hopes they play this out until Go-Busters ends, maybe doing an episode teaming with Gavan for every two with only the Busters.

Having said that, it's really kind of sad that the only thing I've really liked about Go-Busters (outside of baddie suit designs) in the past 25 episodes is the cameo episode of a character from another series entirely whose sole purpose is to advertise the upcoming movie.  :\  When your crossovers are more interesting than the show itself...  sheesh.
#455  September 26, 2012, 05:36:10 am
._.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#456  September 26, 2012, 08:13:22 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
More like "Please (Verb), Please (Adjective)"
#457  September 26, 2012, 05:14:46 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico

The latest issue of Televi-kun Magazine have revealed the title of this year's Kamen Rider team-up movie. It will be entitled, “Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Wizard & Fourze: Movie Wars ULTIMATUM.”

The official website for the "Movie Wars" Winter films have posted a short teaser last August. The film was previously revealed during the screening of Kamen Rider Fourze THE MOVIE.

More information will be posted later.
#458  September 26, 2012, 11:44:09 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Yeah, a bunch of old Ishinomori characters are coming back, Gentaro is now a teacher, Nadeshiko is back, sounds interesting but at the same time is so weird. Oh also there's clear scans for Wizard Flame Dragon form.
#459  September 27, 2012, 12:17:41 am
#460  September 27, 2012, 05:53:44 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Yeah, a bunch of old Ishinomori characters are coming back, Gentaro is now a teacher, Nadeshiko is back, sounds interesting but at the same time is so weird. Oh also there's clear scans for Wizard Flame Dragon form.
Didn't think Wizard took place that far in the future.