YesNoOk

The Kamen Rider/Super Sentai Thread (Read 645064 times)

Started by Hams Will Get You, September 07, 2009, 10:26:18 am
Share this topic:
Re: The Kamen Rider/Super Sentai Thread
#621  June 06, 2013, 09:28:20 am
  • Unique, just like everyone else
Finally catching up on shows.  Specifically Garo.  I'm still a little upset at the limited suit action (half why I watch toku) and the lack of decent monsters up to Ep 8 is particularly irritating.  That said, I'm kinda of liking the slightly more character-driven style this new season has taken.  It's lost a little of that novel artsy feel you get from the other two seasons in favor of a more standard style (right down to the trope-tastic trio of heroes + girl sidekick and elder mentor), but I don't feel like it's sacrificed any real integrity to do so.  I'm still having a blast watching it.

I haven't watched the raw for Ep 9 (waiting on translation) but the comments on it over at O-T suggest it fixes the hell out of the lack of suit action thing.

Wizard is fucking dull and disappointing anyways.

God.  I want to like it, I really do.  But the plot doesn't feel like it's moving, none of the obvious questions have even been hinted at being answered, Beast feels completely tacked-on for the sake of yet another toy, and it's all just so by-the-numbers in general that I just can't get into it.
#622  June 06, 2013, 10:13:32 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
On the other hand, so far I hate absolutely everything about the new Garo, I haven't watched episode 9 but the terrible pacing, lack of suits and overall lack of Keita Amemiya really hurts the show.
#623  June 08, 2013, 06:11:33 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
For anyone interested, Maskman just got finished subbing.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#624  June 13, 2013, 01:13:56 am
What do you guys think about Hikonin Sentai Akibaranger? İt's a unofficial show but i definitly like it. Episode 5 in Season 2 is about Saban's American Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. İt shows how Japanese people feel about their 16th Super Sentai series became our first Power Rangers. Basicly a episode wich explains Saban's co-operation with Super Sentai's original owner and company Toei.

İ think that the episode also tells about the 20th Anniversary of the Power Rangers wich is content from Super Sentai.
#625  June 13, 2013, 01:21:29 am
I was saying earlier that in the first season I was hoping for more adult freedom like that one episode where they weren't afraid of showing ©na naked (not full frontal of course), but in the second season it was just a stale running gag, her henshin and getting out of the shower in pretty much every single episode ? :blank: And now an episode where she screws that other evil guy repeatedly ? That said, I find the story pretty well done. For a parody of course.

And it's called "unofficial" only because of the setting and the theme, it's still done by the same people.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#626  June 13, 2013, 01:27:33 am
That's true. As a parody they are doing great and they turn company's sources into story wich is excellent.   
#627  June 13, 2013, 02:30:49 am
I think the Malshina fanservice in the first six episodes would have been enough to cover all twelve if they'd've spread it out.  As it stands now, I was actually relieved when they shortened her henshin recently.  I should never be relieved to not see a sexy naked woman.

Anyway aside from the overkill fanservice and complete lack of any hints or explanation as to the actual plot up until now*, it's been pretty much just as good as the last season.

*In fairness, the previous season did as well - it was in retrospect, after the reveal that they were characters in a show, that all the things that were wrong became clear.
#628  June 13, 2013, 05:01:25 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
#629  June 13, 2013, 06:58:37 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
And already that sounds more promising than Wizard.
#630  June 15, 2013, 04:34:25 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
just a heads up in case you didn't notice but there will be no super hero time this week (hopefuly we'll get akiba subs faster this week)

in othr news i'm catching up with kamen rider w (epsidoe 35 so far) and i'm liking it. not only an i liking the story and characters (except accel) but i also like that the plot actually moves even during the filler episodes when eitehr  anew charater is introduced or there character in development (kinda like doki doki precure this season)

my main complaint is that for some reason they never use double's catchprhase "now... count your sins!" and instead he only makes this hand gesture and jumps into action or when he does say it he does it while running into action (which is good in a way... but you know what i mean)
#631  June 16, 2013, 02:18:12 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Personally I think W tends to be super overrated, also the Sonozakis have to be one of the most goddamn stupid villains in the franchise.
#632  June 16, 2013, 04:13:14 am
b-but they gave their cat his own driver and let this creepy molester doctor addicted to gaia memories stay in their house and eat all their food and... ok, i see what you're getting at

well, in their defense the two-in-one detective isn't that better with shotaro trying too hard to be hard boiled and leaving all the detective work to philip who is also too busy using the gaia library to research about break-dancing or shit like that while unintentionally lusting for his own sister

so kamen rider black was finally subbed last year and i just noticed and to my surprise all the links are dead :-\ (i remember there was another group working on black rx)

and finally: why are hyper forms so ugly?

(while i was typing this the black and w ops were playing in my random playlist, yay!)
#633  June 16, 2013, 04:21:45 am
don't know. maybe they run out of ideas. agito's isn't that bad. kabuto and decade's is the most stupid ,funny cause their normal look are the most simple yet badass.
Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 04:25:12 am by 地獄の花
#634  June 16, 2013, 09:45:19 am
W was my Rider gateway drug so I'm kind of biased towards it.  That said, the best thing about it was definitely the movies.  Having seen virtually every Rider movie since W happened, I can at least say with personal certainty that W's movies were the best overall.  That said, as much as I loathe Fourze in general, the movie Space, Here We Come! that introduced Fusion States was probably the best fight choreography in any Rider movie I've seen.  Story was complete crap, tho.

As for final forms; I don't think they bother designing Riders with a progression of forms thought all the way out.  They get as far as the first mid-season upgrade and then wing it, it almost seems like.  Cyclone/Joker X-treme, Wizard Infinity, Fourze Cosmic States, all just kinda seemed like afterthoughts.
#635  June 18, 2013, 09:49:14 am
İ am currently watching Gosei Sentai Dairanger. İt has lots of virtual energy and Ki based stuff included. İ like it. Kibaranger is also an interesting character. Kou has a decent story.
#636  June 18, 2013, 07:49:29 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
W's movies were nowhere as good as Agito or Faiz's. Or Blade or Ryuki's.
The only decent one is Gaia Memories of Fate, the rest were forgettable, especially the V-cinema ones.
#637  June 18, 2013, 08:34:07 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
#638  June 20, 2013, 06:21:43 am
catching up:

- akibarangers 10: DELUKNIGHT KITAAAAAAAAAAA~!! \(^0^)/ (i then remembered there was a deluknight figure but it was a tamashii exclusive, fuck you japan!)

- kamen rider w: enter clay doll EXTRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEME!!!! and korean nazca (kirihiko... ;_;) still loving teh show just 4 more episode and i can finally see eternal in action (in his movie)

i accually kinda liked accel's hyper form but it doesn't matter because i still don't like accel at all (who pretty much became irrelevant after weather was defeated)
#639  June 23, 2013, 05:46:23 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
So yeah, about that new Garo series.
Hands down one of the worst tokusatsu I've ever watched. And I can't believe we're not even halfway done with it. I don't know if I'll be able to stand 14 more episodes of terrible characters, subpar acting skills and story (Even for Tokustatsu), generic Horror designs and few to no suit action. Ugh. Way to kill a franchise.
#640  June 23, 2013, 09:35:10 pm
I've been nothing but optimistic about that show and even I'm starting to get fed up with it.  If the next episode doesn't contain something worthwhile I'll be seriously tempted to jump ship and trash what I've got like I did with Go-Busters.  Seriously we're 11 episodes in and we've got maybe 3 episodes worth of actual plot-relevant information.  That's bullshit.

And fuck you Ryuga, Rian is a bitch.  And obnoxious.