YesNoOk

The Kamen Rider/Super Sentai Thread (Read 639603 times)

Started by Hams Will Get You, September 07, 2009, 10:26:18 am
Share this topic:
Re: The Kamen Rider/Super Sentai Thread
#661  June 28, 2013, 10:27:03 am
Kuuga novel
Fuckin' finally. It sounds interesting too, I'll order it this evening.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#662  June 29, 2013, 04:54:02 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#663  June 29, 2013, 11:45:48 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Surprisingly enough, everyone started to be actually smart and competent in Garo's episode 12. Now if only they could get some real armors instead of CG armors (That's probably unreasonable due budget issues)
Faith in the series somewhat restored.

Posted: July 01, 2013, 08:30:53 am
So this is why Amemiya wasn't involved with the newest Garo...

Starting this fall
 Love Comedy Battle Hero Drama
 Creator/Director: Amemiya Keita
 Script: Inoue Toshiki
 Starring: Shikawa Yua, Yamamoto Shouma
Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 08:31:15 am by S.D.
#664  July 05, 2013, 09:17:34 am
İ am still watching Hikounin Sentai Akibaranger (Unofficial Sentai Akibaranger). The story get's even more interesting. You should check it out really. Also, that Love Comedy Battle Hero Drama looks decent. Will look for more information.
#665  July 09, 2013, 10:56:49 am
  • Unique, just like everyone else
@GARO 13

How is it that so many things can happen in this episode, but nothing actually happens?

For all its obvious problems, though, this was still a better episode on the whole than most.  I was worried the painful overacting earlier in the episode would ruin the ending, but it didn't.  Plus, clear views of all three armors in addition to confirmation that the flaming weapons trick is still a thing.

Now if only I actually liked any of the characters (save Zaruba, who's as boss as ever).
#666  July 09, 2013, 02:17:28 pm
How is it that so many things can happen in this episode, but nothing actually happens?

Most of the time, they are over-reacting besides fighting for nothing. A villian appears which is a treat to the world, heroes wait for him/her to strike, destroy buildings and make people run while they are screaming and yelling. There is no Kamen Rider/Super Sentai serie with heroes saying "damn, there is a vilian, he wants to earth. Let's find him before he strikes and destroys a building." So basicly, nothing happens for nothing.

İ want to see a serie wich has a story about heroes looking for the villians without them waiting first. İ don't think it's just one episode. The same thing keeps happening really.

#667  July 09, 2013, 02:25:34 pm
I think the same. Kamen Rider Kabuto was the only one I thought did that. There are some that don't do that but have a decent excuse I guess : Ryuuki is just everyone against each other, W is a detective story so they have to respond to the mystery of the week, OOO has the bad guys right in front of him but has to take time stealing powers one by one...
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#668  July 09, 2013, 02:26:31 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Most of the time, they are over-reacting besides fighting for nothing. A villian appears which is a treat to the world, heroes wait for him/her to strike, destroy buildings and make people run while they are screaming and yelling. There is no Kamen Rider/Super Sentai serie with heroes saying "damn, there is a vilian, he wants to earth. Let's find him before he strikes and destroys a building." So basicly, nothing happens for nothing.

İ want to see a serie wich has a story about heroes looking for the villians without them waiting first. İ don't think it's just one episode. The same thing keeps happening really.

Yeah uhh, are you watching the new Garo because it seems like you don't know what you're talking about.
#669  July 09, 2013, 08:20:09 pm
This is a thread about both serie titles and İ made a general comment about it. Also yes, İ started to watch it.
#670  July 09, 2013, 08:22:59 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
But the guy wasn't talking about Sentai or Rider.....
#671  July 09, 2013, 08:30:26 pm
Like i said, my comment was randomly, general. İ just felt answering his question for sentai and rider. Aren't we all talking here? And if it wasnt about Sentai or Rider, what is it doing here? This is a thread for Sentai and Rider or am İ wrong? Just a small answer İ gave from my side since i am watching Sentai atm. See it as comparing. İt's not a big deal man.

Anyways, Akibaranger's latest episode is done. The ending was a little unexpected.
#672  July 10, 2013, 12:19:41 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Like i said, my comment was randomly, general. İ just felt answering his question for sentai and rider.
That's not how conversations work.

Aren't we all talking here? And if it wasnt about Sentai or Rider, what is it doing here? This is a thread for Sentai and Rider or am İ wrong?
It's a tokusatsu, and it goes in this thread. Nice strawman though.

Just a small answer İ gave from my side since i am watching Sentai atm. See it as comparing. İt's not a big deal man.
Also yes, İ started to watch it.
He didn't ask about Sentai, and if you were actually watching the new Garo (Which I honestly doubt) you'd have a real opinion/in depth answer/better input that uhh, ranting about an unrelated franchise, so far that post almost felt like a copy-paste from TV-tropes but even worse. You just stated a generalization/the obvious.

Anyways, Akibaranger's latest episode is done. The ending was a little unexpected.
Yeah man, I wasn't expecting yet another recap.
#673  July 10, 2013, 08:49:53 am
Like İ said man, it's no big deal.

İ also wonder a thing about Super Sentai. Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger was the 35th serie and also a special anniversary. The story was great but, can they come up with something better if they decide to make a 40th anniversary when they are at it? Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger was amazing really. Especially episodes with returning characters from previous series.
#674  July 10, 2013, 08:52:20 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Gokaiger has nice cameos but the plot was horrible, and they tried to cram a bunch of plots and villains in the last 6 episodes or so.
Making a better anniversary series shouldn't be that difficult.
#675  July 10, 2013, 09:00:52 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
They still have three seasons to come up with something.

Also Gokaiger was kind of a lucky break, there wasn't supposed to be that many cameos (and I'm sure enough of us know the story by now but I'm gonna post it anyway):

shamelessly stolen from the internet said:
When the Tohoku earthquake hit Japan in March 2011, the disaster prompted Teruaki Ogawa (Sasuke/NinjaRed from Ninja Sentai Kakuranger) to create a Twitter page for Super Sentai alumni to write messages of encouragement in-character to kids. The movement caught on like wildfire and led many actors (some of which had even retired) to contact the Gokaiger staff asking if they could be included in the production to help. This caused the number of cameo/special episodes in the second half of Gokaiger to skyrocket.
#676  July 10, 2013, 09:59:53 pm
Another interesting Character was AkaRed. He was the fusion of all 30 previous Red Sentai's for Super Sentai's 30th Anniversary.

İ saw that the logo's number changed to 35 for the 35th Anniversary in Gokaiger. So him alone was in interesting for the 30th and 35th Anniversary. İ can't wait to see something better when it comes to that.
#677  July 10, 2013, 11:15:10 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Well I wonder if Toei will make a movie on Akibaranger like the rest of Super Sentai.

Posted: July 10, 2013, 11:24:18 pm
They still have three seasons to come up with something.

Also Gokaiger was kind of a lucky break, there wasn't supposed to be that many cameos (and I'm sure enough of us know the story by now but I'm gonna post it anyway):

shamelessly stolen from the internet said:
When the Tohoku earthquake hit Japan in March 2011, the disaster prompted Teruaki Ogawa (Sasuke/NinjaRed from Ninja Sentai Kakuranger) to create a Twitter page for Super Sentai alumni to write messages of encouragement in-character to kids. The movement caught on like wildfire and led many actors (some of which had even retired) to contact the Gokaiger staff asking if they could be included in the production to help. This caused the number of cameo/special episodes in the second half of Gokaiger to skyrocket.

No wonder the 21 season of power rangers AKA MEGAFORCE  (sorry to mention it here) is gonna be destroyed. Almost many actors refused Doubt it will ever be as great as Gokaiger. 5th season aka adaption of Carranger had suffered near death. So....what are your opinions. Go Buster took a lot  of references from PR which is why it dint go better as expected.
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 11:24:57 pm by Segatron
#678  July 11, 2013, 05:38:32 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
just finished akibarangers... it was good but not as good as season 1. i missed the original akibablue and i was dissapointed that delu knight did a whole lot of nothing

i don't care about the sambarangers and wizard did not lived to my expectations and anyting they try to pull now should have been done a long time ago

well, at least there is one sunday mornings hero that never dissapoints:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

i haven't started OOO's yet because i wanted to watch the eternal/accel movies but i can't get myself to do it because i don't care or like either the japanese universal soldiers nor accel so i'll just start OOO's already

//edit: kamen rider black, shadow moon and battle hopper to be re-released for my birthday. oh japan you shouldn't have (seriously... you shouldn't at this rate i'll be broke in no time ;_;)
Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 04:59:37 am by Bastard Wolf
#679  July 13, 2013, 04:59:43 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
D-D-D-DOUBLE POST!

so just as i was happy that i was able to get my hands on a sh figuarts kabuto....

sh figuarts kabuto ver 2.0 is revealed

bandai confirmed for harvesting new phantoms by leading people into bankrupcy. THIS IS ALL DECADE'S FAULT!

ONORE DIKEIDOOOOOOOOO!!!!
#680  July 13, 2013, 03:23:19 pm
Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 04:21:33 pm by DKDC