Re: Ikemen Plus
#201  January 29, 2018, 10:10:15 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
A help with this would be appreciated

#202  January 31, 2018, 08:22:47 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
D-did he abandoned the thread?
Lasagna
#203  February 01, 2018, 04:10:11 pm
What should I choose?
#204  February 01, 2018, 07:05:16 pm
MALYSZ, whatever you choose, your computer won't explode... Please let me know which part of that message is confusing? (other than missing readme file, but I dunno what I could add to it when it comes to SFF conversion with Elecbyte tools). First option - do the conversion, second - skip conversion, third - skip and never mention it again.

btw. next update won't have this warning. Which also means there won't be automatic animations support either, at least for now. Maybe this feature will come back in future if I, or someone else, manage to understand source code enough to implement it natively, without external tools usage.

A help with this would be appreciated
As mentioned v0.3 is no longer supported, sorry. No bug fixes for it considering new version doesn't even use the same engine (migration from ikemen s-size engine to ikemen GO engine). If the same issue will be there in next update I will look into it, but in such case proper report is required, with detailed explanation how to reproduce it.

k4tho is Ikemen GO will have open sources code for us Coder and make are own coding for the program ? I want to go even further of learning more about Ikemen GO coding language, and yeah Im not smartest old man in world but I do try to work things our for my kind of taste hehe when come to coding and creating theme for fan made games xD
Ikemen GO already has open sources: https://osdn.net/users/supersuehiro/pf/ikemen_go/wiki/FrontPage
Why would I close the sources when I'm NOT the author of ikemen? It's Suehiro's engine. Ikemen Plus is an addon for it, nothing more. It's the same type of thing as any other code released for ikemen by others (like TheFclass97’s stuff posted in this section).
And no, as mentioned before, next Ikemen Plus will support mugen screenpacks, so you don't need to learn Lua. And you don't need to learn GO.

like my self also will the new Ikemen go will be having its own Full Wikis Doc for the program ?? like how elecbyte did for there doc site for mugen ?
I'm not planning to spend time on documentation. All you will need to create screenpacks compatible with next Ikemen Plus is knowledge that you can find in already existing mugen screenpack tutorials.

You guys think he could work on online vs mode simul? I made a system that focuses on simul and I can't move p3 or p4.. Even if I set up all the inputs, p3 nor p4 can't be controlled. Even with beximus's system it won't work.
That has been already fixed locally and will be there in the upcoming update.

I really want choosing beetween modes         
Ryu or Evil Ryu on select screen,will something like that be possible on new Ikemen,if not a upgraded cursor trick would be fine too.
next version implements screenpack support with aim to correctly interprete mugen DEF code, so old tricks should still work.

Another question, will changing Ikemen Plus to GO language have any performance impact?
what do you mean by performance impact? Ikemen works at 60FPS. If you mean what are the minimum and recommended system requirements for ikemen go engine than I have no idea.
Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 07:39:36 pm by K4thos
#205  February 01, 2018, 08:41:37 pm
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
my computer is fast as hell yet ikemen runs like trash,is there any way you can do sth to improve its performance?,by the way I'm getting error when I try to enter options
#206  February 01, 2018, 10:02:54 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Lasagna
#207  February 01, 2018, 10:22:11 pm
  • That drama Queen
  • Working until the Last Breath
    • Brazil
I playing the 0.3 for testing a already several weeks( since maybe i want to make a fulll game on it) and anoted some ideias to make this project more unique
-MVS based Console and Arcade mode, since is already has coins on the game, why not a button to add more coins? or a mode that only goes to arcade/online and local versus? with a text  menu too to change configurations

-custom arcade way per a char, or even custom universal way(s), the stage may work like is now, but the storyline uses commands
example 
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
-Classic Vanilla Mugen Screenpacks Like system.def
-Some option to start with a custom default(single ,tag ,turns(Number of chars) and simul) when hiding the other options
Working In Peace, Times have Changed.
#208  February 01, 2018, 11:25:37 pm
-Classic Vanilla Mugen Screenpacks Like system.def
Please read the last 2 pages of this very topic. That's what the next version is all about :( Yes, it supports mugen screenpacks (which means it interprets mugen system.def files).

-custom arcade way per a char, or even custom universal way(s), the stage may work like is now, but the storyline uses commands
basic conept of your suggestion is already implemented for Arcade Mode - quote from select.def
; - 1, 2, (...)
 ;   IKEMEN feature: paramname points to the match number in
 ;   arcade mode. paramvalue overwrites character that you would
 ;   face following normal 'order'. paramvalue should match exactly
 ;   the charname text typed after "Insert your characters below"
 ;   line, so it can be either full DEF path or just folder name.
 ;   This functionality introduces simple solution for implementing
 ;   story like arcade mode similar to the one in Street Fighter
 ;   Alpha 3 where characters always face their rivals along the way.
 ;   If you're playing in Team mode than paramvalue character becomes
 ;   opposite team leader, other characters follow normal order.

In above example from SFA3 Mika always faces Karin in 5th battle, Zangief in 9th and Bison in 10th. Same thing can be implemented with above quoted feature. Unique for each character, so more powerfull than order (of course order is still supported).

Dedicated Story mode is planned but I haven't start working on it yet. Not sure if it will allow everything you mentioned. The base goal is recreating Story Mode like in Dragon Ball Extreme Butouden:

In short: full control over who is the player's character, who you will face and in which team mode, extended storymode DEF files support (same as mugen storyboards but with no limitations, auto text rendering, skipping screens with buttons etc.), things like that. If you can link me to detailed explanation of open bor History System maybe I will be interested in implementing it the same way. Any documentation available?

-Some option to start with a custom default(single ,tag ,turns(Number of chars) and simul) when hiding the other options
Already implemented in next version.

-MVS based Console and Arcade mode, since is already has coins on the game, why not a button to add more coins? or a mode that only goes to arcade/online and local versus? with a text  menu too to change configurations
I will look into it if I manage to force the engine to read input other than character's buttons from within lua scripts (no success with it yet).

Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 11:38:46 pm by K4thos
#209  February 01, 2018, 11:33:30 pm
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
by the way somehow mugen 1.1 sff worked I don't know how much ikemen can handle it.It worked as a add004 portrait,just letting know
#210  February 02, 2018, 01:03:04 am
  • That drama Queen
    • Brazil

In short: full control over who is the player's character, who you will face and in which team mode, extended storymode DEF files support (same as mugen storyboards but with no limitations, auto text rendering, skipping screens with buttons etc.), things like that. If you can link me to detailed explanation of open bor History System maybe I will be interested in implementing it the same way. Any documentation available?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaOVaJZmIxU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roP44FXZwz4

The ideia on the custom way become from dbz budokai 3, each char has a diferrent way and events.
 I now, is most like A Mortal Kombat cinematic mode ideia for a unique char. Maybe is no need to be implement now, like the main history like mk to

edit:
The console/Arcade mode from Mvs is to do possible like make a arcade mugen build(or a tekken 7 machine that you play a online arcade machine lol) or a console mugen build.
Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 04:15:38 am by Nnero149
#211  February 02, 2018, 09:42:39 pm
Good news, I've just managed to understand glfw code that handles key inputs in the engine, so a lot of new possibilities opens up:
- option screen input menu like in mugen (button change via button press instead of typing)
- all input data that previously needed to be typed in external window will now work from within main ikemen window (IP address, etc.),
- thanks to above fullscreen mode will now work in a sane way (no need to minimalize window to type something),
- there will be F1 button support in main menu that displays message like in mugen,
- screenshots,
- I'm planning to add a simle menu for network play where you can type user nicks associated with particular IP addresses, already typed ones will be remembered and selectable from the menu.

The console/Arcade mode from Mvs is to do possible like make a arcade mugen build(or a tekken 7 machine that you play a online arcade machine lol) or a console mugen build.
Not sure what you mean :( If you're asking if it's possible to set Ikemen as a true Arcade machine with coins than the answer is yes. Thanks to above mentioned input read you can set it up the same way as emulators (coin door microswitch wired to button responsible for adding coins or some software solution). If there is demand for such feature we could even add something like "Arcade Machine" parameter for screenpack DEF file that automatically converts ikemen into arcade cabinet mode (no player’s input read until there is at least 1 coin).
Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 01:58:28 am by K4thos
#212  February 02, 2018, 10:57:16 pm
  • That drama Queen
    • Brazil

Not sure what you mean :( If you're asking if it's possible to set Ikemen as a true Arcade machine with coins than the answer is yes. Thanks to above mentioned input read you can set it up the same way as emulators (coin door microswitch wired to button responsible for adding coins or some software solution). If there is demand for such feature we could even add something like "Arcade Machine" parameter for screenpack DEF file that automatically converts ikemen into arcade cabinet mode (no player’s input read until there is at least 1 coin).
Yes, that the ideia,and with a test menu to work linke options and record play data(coins added,number of char selected etc)

#213  February 03, 2018, 10:47:27 pm
How can i shut off the A.I. and have the 3v3 feature, I watched FClass tut but things looks alot different here compare to the old ikemen set up.
#214  February 04, 2018, 10:30:28 pm
    • Brazil
Is there a possibility about building a server support for the IKEMEN GO Project? 'Cause it would be great if we had this kind of stuff instead of playing with applications like "HAMACHI", you know? Throught the VPN's and stuffs like that... 'cause that's sometimes a bit painful when you wanna play with your friends, build a game and share it with the community...
Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 11:04:10 pm by Ray_RM
#215  February 05, 2018, 01:27:00 am
How can i shut off the A.I. and have the 3v3 feature, I watched FClass tut but things looks alot different here compare to the old ikemen set up.
Just wait for new version. I'm not going back to v0.3. Problem with tag is known and already fixed locally.

Is there a possibility about building a server support for the IKEMEN GO Project? 'Cause it would be great if we had this kind of stuff instead of playing with applications like "HAMACHI", you know? Throught the VPN's and stuffs like that... 'cause that's sometimes a bit painful when you wanna play with your friends, build a game and share it with the community...
I don't know much about networking and I'm extremely novice when it comes to GO language, so don't count on me. But to answer your question - yes, I'm pretty sure that if you find actual GO programmer he/she could easily add server support to ikemen GO source code. There are also whole lobby systems available, so it shouldn't be a huge task: https://golanglibs.com/?q=lobby
If ikemen author or someone else will commit feature like this in future we will add support for it to Ikemen Plus interface.
#216  February 06, 2018, 11:01:23 am
  • What's in your head?
    • USA
Is there an ETA for the next release with the GO Engine? I can start looking into lobbying systems to work with GO once that's out, since it'll help with the Simul P3/P4 functionality.
#217  February 06, 2018, 08:07:16 pm
    • Brazil
Is there an ETA for the next release with the GO Engine? I can start looking into lobbying systems to work with GO once that's out, since it'll help with the Simul P3/P4 functionality.

what do you mean "...lobbying systems"? and as you mentioned it, what would we need to maintain a server? or build one?
#218  February 06, 2018, 08:19:54 pm
  • What's in your head?
    • USA
There's a number of ways to go about it. Currently Ikemen does not use servers, but rather peer to peer. A very base lobby still using P2P would not be 'searchable', per se, but instead of the current scenario where P2 enters in the the Host's IP address and instantly connects to a Vs Mode, they would instead join the Host's Lobby, allowing the game to be started at the Host's desire. This can allow: A. More than 2 people to connect in P2P by not shutting out the connecting after P2 joins and B. The option to access more than just the Vs gamemode, for instead 2 player Simul Arcade.
#219  February 06, 2018, 08:26:20 pm
    • Brazil
Now I got it, more players waiting in the lobby, but still using a per p2p connection, right?
But what would be necessary to expand it to a lobby but not using p2p connection?
Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 08:41:03 pm by Ray_RM
#220  February 08, 2018, 04:55:23 pm

@Ruler: it's not ready for release but current wip build is avilable in my experimental branch:
https://github.com/K4thos/Ikemen-GO-Plus/tree/K4-experimental
edit: use this link since github automatically deletes EXE file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ml5w1aigp54ajl0/Ikemen-GO-Plus.zip?dl=1
System requirments: http://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.2394352

Some people asked about performance - check yourself and let us know.
As for the screenpack support currently we are at Winmugen compatibility level (no FNTv2 and no localcoord for now). Here are some winmugen screenpacks that I’ve used during development to test if the code is accurate: https://www.dropbox.com/s/auux1lot75ont51/winmugen%20screenpacks.7z?dl=1
Other winmugen screenpacks should work too although I haven't test them.

The screenpack installation is the same as in mugen - just extract folder to "data" directory and reference correct location of DEF file inside config.json (instead of mugen.cfg)
Example:
To use broken mugen screenpack move "brokenMUGEN" directory to data and change this line in data/config.json:
Code:
"Motif":"data/system.def"
into this:
Code:
"Motif":"data/brokenMUGEN/def/system56.def"
Some screenpacks may require different installation path (if author didn't care for Elecbyte recommendation files paths may refer for example directly to data directory and require overwriting default screenpack - just fallow the screenpack readme file provided by author to know how to install it correctly).

One important thing - do NOT overwrite default "font/f-6x9.fnt" and "font/f-4x6.fnt" files even if screenpack comes with them included and requires copying files into font directory.

--------------

This build isn't stable and may contain bugs and incomplete features. List of features planned but not implemented yet is in the @wip directory. How to use add004 tag system is explained in @add004 directory. If the program crashes you can find a log in 'debug/log.txt' file.
Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 02:34:30 am by K4thos