YesNoOk

Bonus Stage Ideas (Read 53104 times)

Started by KingPepe2010, June 16, 2014, 06:59:19 pm
Share this topic:
Bonus Stage Ideas
#1  June 16, 2014, 06:59:19 pm
  • too obsessed with NES stuff
    • USA
I plan on adding several bonus stages to this game but I could use some ideas as to what I can use. Basically, discuss any possible ideas for bonus stages here. (Note: These could come from any game although I would highly suggest using something that's not from a game based off of a media source)

Here's some I have that come to mind:
Mad Gear Gang-up (Mighty Final Fight) - Several members of the Mad Gear come to fight you and you must defeat as many as you can in a certain amount of time. (Bred, Two P, Poison, and El Gado) Round 2 adds Axl and Andore to the mix of members, both having more health than the others.

Spiny Swarm (Super Mario Bros.) - A Lakitu is seen at the beginning of the match and flies upwards. From off-screen, he begins dropping green Spiny Eggs (which bounce along the ground) and red Spiny Eggs (which hatch into Spinies which are immune to any air attack). Similar to the above bonus stage, you must defeat as many Spinies as you can. Round 2 increases the rate of Spinies dropped.

Monster Party Rush - You start off with 3 doors in front of you and each one leads to a random boss from Monster Party. (Obviously they would have to be changed to be adapted into a fighting game) The bosses themselves are simple and don't have a lot of unique attacks but are quite damaging. If you're lucky, you might run into either the dead lizard/spider or the dancing zombies. You fight 2 bosses per round.

Karate Champ - Yes, that game but probably with better controls and mechanics that fit FCF a bit more. Basically, you're fighting against the karate fighter with the white gi and your character has been adapted to similar controls (you don't turn around automatically; you must hold the opposite direction and attack to turn around, you only attack at the peak of your jump, you can't block) To win each round, you must score 1 and a half points, with each attack either awarding you a half or a full point. (It's possible to lose in this bonus round so I guess you could consider this as more of a sub-boss?)
might as well put this forum about bootleg games here
BGC Forums
Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 03:12:48 am by KingPepe2010
Re: Bonus Stage Ideas
#2  September 07, 2017, 05:21:32 pm
    • USA
Here's a preview of the first Famicom Fighters bonus stage!:
BGC Forums
#3  September 07, 2017, 06:33:18 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
All of them are good ideas, might be cool if there was a bonus stage based on the Flying Warriors (Hiryu No Ken) fight mechanics, fighting bosses from that game, just saying.
#4  September 07, 2017, 07:11:26 pm
    • USA
...actually that wouldn't be a bad idea for a bonus stage. I'll definitely consider it.
BGC Forums
#5  September 07, 2017, 07:28:24 pm
    • Brazil
    • Skype - Antonio Quirino
Hey KingPepe, Do u Still Consider My Idea About The Challenger Bonus?
#6  September 07, 2017, 07:41:20 pm
if possible a donkey kong one ? where you jump over barrows ? Duckhunt ? pots made a version of it I believe.
#7  September 08, 2017, 05:54:06 am
    • USA
@AntonioQuirino: A bonus stage based on the Challenger would still be neat to be honest.

@PeXXeR: A Donkey Kong-based one would be interesting to do in a fighting game environment. Also I remember the Duck Hunt bonus stage as well but I'd rather not copy that.
BGC Forums
#8  March 23, 2018, 06:19:57 pm
    • USA
So for the next build, there will be a new bonus stage but I've yet to decide which one would get in first. Which one would you like to see?: https://www.strawpoll.me/15345301
The options are the Mad Gear Gang-Up bonus stage I mentioned earlier as well as a bonus stage based on Yie-Ar Kung Fu's original bonus stage (where you have to hit the objects flying at you).
BGC Forums
#9  March 23, 2018, 07:21:22 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Voted for Yie-Ar Kung Fu, I find it more fun to play.
#10  March 25, 2018, 06:15:39 pm
    • USA
And it looks like the Mad Gear bonus stage will get in first! Thank you for those that voted! (I forgot to mention the poll was ending Sunday, whoops)
BGC Forums
#11  June 28, 2018, 10:04:51 pm
    • USA
So I've been sidetracked by a bunch of issues lately and haven't posted anything in a while so... here's some WIP footage of the Mad Gear Gang-Up bonus stage!: https://streamable.com/ia1f9
BGC Forums
#12  October 21, 2019, 07:36:44 pm
    • USA
A preview of the Kung-Fu Fighting bonus round that's coming in the update for this week!:
BGC Forums