YesNoOk

Hall of Fame section (Read 74102 times)

Started by Sepp, May 23, 2008, 10:04:03 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Hall of Fame section
#221  April 03, 2009, 12:10:24 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
but joke chars are a new and unexploited concept
Hence why I didn't nominate that for Hall of Fame, learn to read between the lines.

EDIT: Nowadays it doesn't take much to be Hall of Fame'd. Next thing you know we'll be archiving Request Threads that were posted on the wrong board.
Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 12:14:49 am by Poach
#222  April 03, 2009, 12:14:31 am
for someone that complains about tired jokes you sure don't mind doing them yourself
#223  April 03, 2009, 12:16:20 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
EDIT: Nowadays it doesn't take much to be Hall of Fame'd. Next thing you know we'll be archiving Request Threads that were posted on the wrong board.

Don't count on it, Candyland. Those aren't any better than the abysmal nWo thread that some people wanted in, that got denied.
#224  April 03, 2009, 12:17:55 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
for someone that complains about tired jokes you sure don't mind doing them yourself
Did you not even read my post at all? I never said I thought making my joke character was awesome (technically I consider it a fully playable character disguised as something else, but that's another story). I was saying that nothing really noteworthy happened in that thread, especially if you compare it to some of the older Hall of Fame threads archived.

Don't count on it, Candyland.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napple_Tale

DGJ

#225  April 03, 2009, 12:19:22 am
    • sd.mistrust.com/mugen
it has a rare dgj post in it

add this thread to the hall of fame now too

#226  April 03, 2009, 12:20:09 am
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
I don't think it had so much to do with the joke character as it did everyone's reaction.

and if we're adding such threads why was the School Girl Lilith thread taken out of there? It could've been preserved.

OZ

#227  April 03, 2009, 12:20:55 am
  • ಠ_ಠ

Don't count on it, Candyland. Those aren't any better than the abysmal nWo thread that some people wanted in, that got denied.

They are going to put it in the Hall of Fame simply to spite you if you don't drop it already.
Damn, Nash was right; you are on their dick.
ಠ_ಠ
#228  April 03, 2009, 12:25:46 am
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
I was using it as an example.
#229  April 03, 2009, 12:28:41 am
  • I got a PM.
Rewarding ShinDan's friend is why it was taken out.

Some people would try to get in the Hall of Fame for that reason.

Although i can't imagine why.

OZ

#230  April 03, 2009, 12:35:54 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
Being remembered for being an enormous douche, is still a better fate than being forgotten I suppose?
It's all for the E-penis, he was trolling all along, etc.

Heaven knows he wasn't important enough to be remembered for anything else.
ಠ_ಠ
#231  April 03, 2009, 12:58:45 am
They are going to put it in the Hall of Fame simply to spite you if you don't drop it already.
Damn, Nash was right; you are on their dick.
Did I just hear nWo?
Of course I did...The Toxic Avenger is here.
The nWo exploded like an A-Bomb, starting with only a cigarette lighter's worth of fuel.
The Toxic Avenger shouldn't be mad at me for the nWo. He should be mad at himself. He brought the barrels of gasoline.
#232  April 03, 2009, 01:29:52 am
I never said I thought making my joke character was awesome
a jango youtube video said:
I consider my Scrooge and TheNone's Noah to be the only worthwhile April Fool's jokes as the rest were pretty terrible
so which one is it
#233  April 03, 2009, 01:33:39 am
  • corner push pusher
it has a rare dgj post in it

add this thread to the hall of fame now too

Various people that've been on vaction longer than eight months seems to be showing up now..
#234  April 03, 2009, 01:35:58 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
#235  April 03, 2009, 03:34:43 am
if that thread made it to the hof then I nominate the nwo one
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane
#236  April 03, 2009, 03:43:36 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Ugh, what exactly makes that topic Hall of Fame material?
#237  April 03, 2009, 03:47:57 am
The ShinDan one ? More like Hall of Fail.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#238  April 03, 2009, 03:55:00 am
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
the best of the best the cream of the crop the legend... the moments in history which shall be always remembered - an epic, preserving the achievements and failures in humanity
#239  April 03, 2009, 06:10:41 am
It'd be nice to have atleast one thread stored to represent each years April Fool's, in my opinion that thread deserves the place. If you don't like it, just don't fucking read it.
Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 06:22:52 am by Invictus
#240  April 03, 2009, 07:06:53 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
That thread was memorable? But it was just what we've been seeing in the rest of the year. It was the same as the rest of the club syn fights, i'm sure THEY weren't all HoF'ed.

Memorable is something that spirals completely out of control and has the bulk of posters taking it quite seriously. Not a thread that looks like it was hijacked out of a spam forum containing bad meme's and tired quotes. May as well find a topic with "all your base are belong to us" and tack it in there.

Also, 1 person on his own being a successful troll is far more interesting than 4 people trolling.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.