YesNoOk

Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out) (Read 2837451 times)

Started by Iced, July 15, 2012, 03:54:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out)
#4021  December 02, 2021, 11:10:54 pm
We'll see when they both get some more characterization, but let's not forget that the rumored main villain is Madame Masque.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#4022  December 15, 2021, 11:41:03 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
HE'S BACK. WELCOME KING.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#4023  December 22, 2021, 06:40:03 pm
God damn lol comedy with Jack, Yelena
hilarious and awesome.
I'm a bit confused about what happened with the big one. I would assume Echo and some other returning show circle back on that, there's no way it's over like that, but it seemed to take a pretty sharp and definitive turn there ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#4024  December 22, 2021, 11:29:48 pm
    • Mexico
Ngl that last episode of Hawkeye was kind of a letdown.
#4025  December 23, 2021, 03:22:57 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Very overstuffed but otherwise very solid finale. I'm really pleased with this one.

God damn lol comedy with Jack, Yelena
hilarious and awesome.
I'm a bit confused about what happened with the big one. I would assume Echo and some other returning show circle back on that, there's no way it's over like that, but it seemed to take a pretty sharp and definitive turn there ?
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#4026  December 26, 2021, 01:48:52 pm
Just watched Spider-man No way Home.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#4027  December 26, 2021, 03:32:29 pm
Peter being a superhero has nothing to do with Tony, he was the "friendly neighborhood" before him.
#4028  December 27, 2021, 01:23:24 am
    • USA
#4029  December 27, 2021, 02:13:43 am
About revisions :
apparently, the reason the trailer had so many different lines from the actual movie is because they did rewrite a lot of stuff inbetween. Back in Infinity War when we got used to lying trailers, it was chalked up to Marvel wanting to keep surprises under wrap, but now, because they apparently took a lot of time really getting a final contract with all the moving parts involved, they did have a first script that was planned without those contracts, that got tossed and reworked more than once as each contract was finalized. Apparently, the differences between the early trailers and the final version do come from a reevaluation of the importance of certain points - that one bit that brought back the Mephisto joke on the early trailers was supposed to lead to more importance on one certain element, that they ended up passing off as a joke in the final cut (you know the one).
By the way, Strange 2 also got a lot of reshoots recently, people are saying it's almost like a full other movie, so we can expect more of that. the Strange 2 trailer that literally just dropped with Spider-Man is definitely already lying about some of the more obvious stuff. They absolutely do go over the script and rewrite a lot of stuff as time goes, even if they just finished doing it the way they originally planned, they'll just remake a whole other movie at the last minute to fit everything around it.

The whiplash I'm getting is back in Infinity War, when Strange told us "there's only one path in which we win", the viewer was expected to take it as face value and understand that "all the theories and complaints we may have, they would only have led to a bad end ; Strange is telling us that if we think 'why didn't they just do so and so ?' then the answer is 'nope, it wouldn't have worked, Strange saw the future and it failed / the TVA got involved". It wasn't very nice, but that's how we had to work it out both in-universe and in the real world.
But now, we don't have any more excuse : if we have complaints about how characters handled certain things or what happened to stuff and people, the only answer we can see is "Marvel wants a certain goal so they went with this to get there, the characters are just pawn for that plan, they're not moving those parts in a way that makes sense for them and the rest of the MCU will just have to evolve from there".

At any rate, the movie as a whole is amazing, it's just the connecting parts at the beginning and at the end that are just way too obvious. The ending of FFH could literally be fixed with a call to Fury, Peter denying everything, and Fury asking a Skrull to be a stand-in to show both Peter and Spider-Man next to each other and have the Avengers / SHIELD vouch for Spider-Man and clear up Peter's name. Everything else works, just not the obvious arbitrary plot steering.
Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 02:19:43 am by Byakko
#4030  December 27, 2021, 02:53:35 am
    • USA
Hard to say if they've been doing more last minute rewrites and drastic reshoots lately; as far as I'm aware, it's always been considered sorta normal for these huge blockbusters to have at least some rehsoots. When the reshoots are super extensive and long is generally a sign things are getting fucked up, though (see: the Justice League movie and the last 2 Fox X-Men movies).

Last minute rewrites frequently do expose some glaring plot machinery ("shit, how do we get Character A to location X? fuck I dunno, let's say they just randomly decide to do it, we gotta start filming now"); they often resemble a sketched out first draft of a screenplay because they are in fact first drafts that are quickly thrown together in order to solve some perceived problem as the film is being finished. Maybe it's just me, I really have noticed those issues more and more in MCU projects. Perhaps it was easier to keep things running smoothly when it was only 2 movies a year, and no TV projects?

also I really hope they don't totally fuck up Strange 2, let Raimi do his vision! That first Strange movie was such a bummer and I just wanna see some classic comic book Doctor Strange shit on the big screen.
#4031  March 16, 2022, 02:07:54 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
LOL. Did they really drop her inhuman origins?  :bjugoi:

sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#4032  March 16, 2022, 02:38:12 am
Kinda glad they changed her powers if they're going to introduce Mr Fantastic in the next few years, but I don't get yet what the bracelet is. Anyway it seems to have a very targeted audience this time around, with this style.
The last few Moon Knight trailers were insane though, I'm really hyped for that.
#4033  March 16, 2022, 03:05:37 am
    • USA
Bracelet is probably the Nega Bands, to better link Kamala to Carol's cosmic stuff.

I thought the trailer was really fun, I just think it's a very bad mistake to change her powers. There's a lot of really interesting stuff they did specifically with her shapeshifting powers. Plus the whole embiggen stuff is so fun; making them constructs just isn't the same.
#4034  March 16, 2022, 07:20:44 am
    • Mexico
#4035  April 06, 2022, 08:27:59 pm
Spoiler: Morbius post credit (click to see content)
Moon Knight is fun. Love how he's just beating the shit out of the first jackal like a mad lad, and you can't help but feel so shitty for poor Steven, Oscar Isaac is doing great with the crazy. His British accent is so aggressively on the nose. And the Mr Knight twist was unexpected.

just realized what the Mr. Knight suit up scene made me think of with his voice : he sounds like Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool, and talks a little bit like him too (without the aggressive insanity).
Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 10:52:44 pm by Byakko
#4036  April 27, 2022, 11:11:28 pm
Ooooh man, Moon Knight 5 was a HARD watch. It also connects back to ep 1, I thought it was cool how Marc tried to let Steven have a normal life and be nice to him and spare his feelings every time (until he threw that first shitfit in ep 2)
And damn, Oscar Isaac is really SELLING it.
How are they wrapping it up in one episode from there ??

edit
apparently episode 5 did show us the third personality... ? It'd be a cool move if that's true.
Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 07:04:09 pm by Byakko
#4037  April 28, 2022, 11:54:09 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#4038  April 30, 2022, 10:03:59 pm
    • USA
How are they wrapping it up in one episode from there ??
Did they wait until the very end of Loki to reveal that it would be getting a second season? I can't quite remember, but I am pretty sure it was presented as being like the other Marvel shows (i.e., a one and done miniseries, not an ongoing series) until the final moments of the show where there was some kind of message saying "to be continued in season 2" or something.

I could see the same happening here; I really can't imagine the final episode managing to resolve every little thread and have Moon Knight fully ready to debut in a movie. There's just too much to cover. And the third personality specifically feels like it's something that's being set up in the background but never given major focus, specifically so that they can deploy that reveal in the next season.

apparently episode 5 did show us the third personality... ? It'd be a cool move if that's true.
Wait, when?
#4039  April 30, 2022, 10:51:25 pm
Beginning of the episode, when he grabs the tiny glass pyramid, he has a different accent and attitude. At first you assume Marc is being pissy and trying to escape, but it wouldn't surprise me if that was not Marc, given the quality of the acting.
(to be clear, I got that from an Internet comment, I'm not saying anyone official has been hinting at it or anything, it might be bullshit, but I can't help rewatching that scene and think "that's not Marc")
edit - I'm checking out the French dub (which I usually hate to do) and even there, there's a notable difference in the voice. It has to be on purpose. Plus the nose wound is never seen on Marc or Steven, it just shows up out of nowhere.

I don't know when Loki S2 was officially announced but it feels like everyone was expecting it before S1 was even out. The trailers all have Moon Knight in costume and Harrow flying and fighting over that weird background full of small pyramids tips (?) at night, so there's definitely a fight there, meaning it has to get everyone there.

edit - Internet was already rumoring and speculating about a Loki season 2 when the first episode came out, the writers were just saying "if people want it, we can do it", and then the official announcement came on the last episode of S1.
Either way, so far everything has been a hit, so it's easy to assume they're seriously considering and waiting if S1 works out (which it is). They probably want MK to cross over with the other nighttime heroes in movies, but there's no reason to think they'll skip out on that. Falcon & WS is the only one where they explicitly said "no season 2" only to reveal at the end that Falcon was now Captain America, so a season 2 would be Captain America & WS.
Next week still needs to resolve a bunch of stuff even if it just opens up into new stories. Loki still answered all its questions on the heart of the TVA, MK still needs to end this current arc.
Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 11:50:25 pm by Byakko
#4040  April 30, 2022, 11:23:15 pm
    • Brazil