YesNoOk

New Samurai Spirits announced (Read 214143 times)

Started by Roman55, September 10, 2018, 12:58:40 pm
Share this topic:

lui

Re: New Samurai Spirits announced
#381  June 24, 2020, 01:38:31 am
    • USA
Seriously... I didn't like this at all guys, sorry. :(
Me neither, For Honor barely has a playerbase anymore, SNK had just partnered with Bandai-Namco to add Haohmaru to Soul Calibur, why not pick someone from that game? Or, well, literally anyone else, maybe Tecmo-Koei's Warriors series, or even Dark Souls would be better choices than this crap. It's not even a recognizable character, generic soldier doesn't even have a fucking name.

What is it with you and talking out your ass? For Honor has several thousand people on PC alone a day and has a big console userbase.
Keep thinking that if it helps you sleep at night. Won't make the game become big.

What part of

They've since reworked things to not be heavily P2P anymore and it's, well, doing fine since. It's not gonna be heavily highlighted in gaming news and it doesn't need to be. It knows it's a niche game and it caters heavily towards the people who still enjoy it. It's doing fine. Plenty of people still play it.

did you not really get? It's not trying to be "big."

It's doing fine on just the Steam version alone, and like Ume said, other platforms have a bigger base.

Hell it's doing just as good as Tekken 7 on Steam.

please. do some research. i guess that's assuming if you're capable of doing so in the first place.
#382  June 24, 2020, 01:49:51 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
This is a generic forum signature.
#383  June 24, 2020, 01:59:13 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Or someone from SamSho Sen. Kirian would be a nice add, just making him more "Raphael Sorelle" and hyping him a bit. And an actual Spaniard in SamSho would be cool(technically, Earthquake IS Spanish, since the year the game takes place in, that area was, indeed, Spain).
Also, Ashura, Yuuda or else.

Or if they want go with crossover and something not THAT samurai, Ivy, Sophitia, Nightmare, etc would be pretty epic here.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#384  June 24, 2020, 02:05:58 am
    • Brazil
Long post
Darling, I don't think you get the point here, the one relevant to the SamSho DLC, at least: it doesn't matter whether one calls it "niche audience" or "dead game", in both cases, it means that not many people will give a shit. There is also the matter of who is being included as DLC, because it's not like it's even a recognizable character, it's literally a generic knight (by the way, to the one who suggested a generic samurai from For Honor, that is an even worse idea, since at least generic knight has the slight distinction of being a knight in a samurai game, instead of being a generic samurai in a samurai game full of recognizable characters). Literally any other choice would be better, the guy doesn't even have a name to be remembered, and he is certainly no Master Chief to be memorable and nameless.
#385  June 24, 2020, 02:35:59 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Seriously, this discussion is just the "nobody cares for Terry" all over again.
#386  June 24, 2020, 03:19:47 am
    • Brazil
#387  June 24, 2020, 03:46:51 am
Seriously the worst guest reveal I can think of since Cole McGrath, one of the many great ideas from the masterpiece known as Street Fighter X Tekken. Numerous other characters to choose from and they decided to go with... some faceless derphead from a B-rate game, where neither fandom cares much about the other. That's cool, I suppose.

Iroha hype was fun while it lasted. :(
#388  June 24, 2020, 04:12:57 am
    • Brazil
Seriously the worst guest reveal I can think of since Cole McGrath, one of the many great ideas from the masterpiece known as Street Fighter X Tekken. Numerous other characters to choose from and they decided to go with... some faceless derphead from a B-rate game, where neither fandom cares much about the other. That's cool, I suppose.

Iroha hype was fun while it lasted. :(
That is another thing, if they added an obscure character from a fighting game, at least there was a bigger chance of the players bothering with it, since both games would be from the same genre, but For Honor isn't even a fighting game for that to be even remotely interesting for either playerbase. Also, I don't think Cole MacGrath was as bad as Shit-Megaman and those two cats, sure, it was meant to be a joke (apparently they had an actual Megaman game in development at the time, but it got cancelled), but when all we got at the time from Megaman was that crap, it felt like a slap in the face.
#389  June 24, 2020, 05:09:05 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Is For Honor even popular anymore... or ever?

I give credit to SNK for thinking outside the box, but... I don't know. This might go down as a bad guest character. Nothing like, say, Yoda, Darth Vader and Starkiller in SC IV... more like what Niitris said: Cole McGrath in Street Fighter X Tekken - A choice that's outside of the box, yet never exactly fits in.
#390  June 24, 2020, 05:16:52 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
When I saw the trailer I didn't know the Knight was a guest char and I'd never heard of For Honor. I thought it was cool they were putting a knight in the game. For people that don't know anything else about him they could think the same and how he actually plays will determine if he was a good addition or not.

lui

#391  June 24, 2020, 05:20:28 am
    • USA

See here:

They've since reworked things to not be heavily P2P anymore and it's, well, doing fine since. It's not gonna be heavily highlighted in gaming news and it doesn't need to be. It knows it's a niche game and it caters heavily towards the people who still enjoy it. It's doing fine. Plenty of people still play it.
#392  June 24, 2020, 05:28:52 am
    • Brazil
When I saw the trailer I didn't know the Knight was a guest char and I'd never heard of For Honor. I thought it was cool they were putting a knight in the game. For people that don't know anything else about him they could think the same and how he actually plays will determine if he was a good addition or not.
That still means they could have added a more well-known knight. Like I said, they had partnered with Bandai-Namco for Haohmaru to be in Soul Calibur, there was Siegfried, Nightmare, Hilde...

See here:

And again, niche audience means small audience. Makes this character a terrible choice because of how many people will care about it, specially considering they're different genres.
#393  June 24, 2020, 06:05:29 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
They could have added a more well known knight. My statement wasn't actually a defense. I will even admit that my personal hype went down just a bit when I found out he wasn't a new SS knight char because if he's fun he won't ever even get to come back.
#394  June 24, 2020, 06:24:50 am
  • For honor!
From what I understand, these characters are basically blank slates that you're supposed to customize so that in the hands of SNK devs is at the very least intriguing. But yeah that...caught me off guard.
Iroha stripped for me
#395  June 24, 2020, 06:26:15 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
For Honor indeed still popular nowadays but the choice to Warren it's... meh. If it's the case to choose a well known knight, still think on Hilde or Siegfried.
#396  June 24, 2020, 08:50:27 am
  • Indeed
Guest character choices are marketing choices that go both ways. SamSho has a bigger audience and For Honor's popularity it's going down. So the inclusion of this guy is probably not a way to please SamSho players with a "popular choice", but it's much more likely a publicity stunt to make For Honor known among SamSho players and hopefully attract them towards the game. ...not a very clever choice anyway, imo.
#397  June 24, 2020, 05:30:43 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Seriously... I didn't like this at all guys, sorry. :(
Me neither, For Honor barely has a playerbase anymore, SNK had just partnered with Bandai-Namco to add Haohmaru to Soul Calibur, why not pick someone from that game? Or, well, literally anyone else, maybe Tecmo-Koei's Warriors series, or even Dark Souls would be better choices than this crap. It's not even a recognizable character, generic soldier doesn't even have a fucking name.

What is it with you and talking out your ass? For Honor has several thousand people on PC alone a day and has a big console userbase.
Keep thinking that if it helps you sleep at night. Won't make the game become big.

Not only are you blatantly wrong, you're being condescending while you're wrong as usual. Do I need to restrict you from another fighting game thread?
#398  June 25, 2020, 05:28:47 am
  • For honor!
Personally it's weird because I am well aware of the much better choices it's just...Warden is such a bizarre inclusion that I can't be mad at it. Right now I'm experiencing Warden saying things to the likes of Genjuro, Basara, and Shiki and accepting that's actually a thing now.
Iroha stripped for me
#399  June 25, 2020, 10:27:03 am
  • Was it something I said?
It's a weird choice indeed, but we also live in a world where someone like Negan from the Walking Dead is a fighter in Tekken.
#400  June 25, 2020, 03:38:44 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Its a guest, it doesn't really have to make that much sense. Plus, as far as guests go he at least doesn't  look too out of place.