YesNoOk

Random Topic V10 (Read 1904261 times)

Started by Orochi Gill, July 09, 2016, 05:00:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Random Topic V10
#761  September 11, 2016, 01:12:27 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
The game is about lawyers. It's not even remotely C.S.I. It has investigation phases but it mostly involves finding stuff and talking to people like most adventure games and VNs. Most of the gameplay takes place in the courtroom.
More making fun of that little aspect being involved at all than writing the game off as that's all it is, is all.  I know the premise of the series, though I have to admit anime lawyers doesn't sound fun either.

Not unless it's like this.
#762  September 11, 2016, 01:28:05 am
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
The game is about lawyers. It's not even remotely C.S.I. It has investigation phases but it mostly involves finding stuff and talking to people like most adventure games and VNs. Most of the gameplay takes place in the courtroom.
More making fun of that little aspect being involved at all than writing the game off as that's all it is, is all.  I know the premise of the series, though I have to admit anime lawyers doesn't sound fun either.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y11lxG8WM9M[/youtube]
Not unless it's like this.

Joke's on you. Capcom made a Harvey Birdman Attorney At Law game in the same style as Phoenix Wright. It was 100x better then it had any right to be.

#763  September 11, 2016, 01:30:36 am
    • USA
Oh, it's like the Birdman game?  I know of that game, I used to have Guile when Harvey set his hair on fire to roast marshmallows as my avatar.

The same time that's actually in the thumbnail, now that I notice it.
#764  September 11, 2016, 01:33:47 am
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
Oh, it's like the Birdman game?  I know of that game, I used to have Guile when Harvey set his hair on fire to roast marshmallows as my avatar.

The same time that's actually in the thumbnail, now that I notice it.

It's exactly like that, except better in every possible way. Not as funny though, but that's... subjective and a high (low?) bar
#765  September 11, 2016, 02:53:07 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
There's less focus on comedy compared to Birdman but there's still comedic moments there, it's just mixed in with some drama, suspense, and mystery and can vary depending on the cases, most of the time it's fairly light hearted once a resolution and the truth has been reached, but there can be some darker moments along the way, notably towards the end of major cases. The games are very exaggerated for the most part though, from spirit channeling, to prosecutors who are allowed to whip people in court or throw coffee at hedgehogs, there's a good balance of that and realism, think of it like a weird anime I guess.

If you do end up playing the games I recommend you play Case 1-4 of Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney and skip case 5 and leave that until you've finished the trilogy, it was written after the trilogy and introduces DS elements AAAAND it's long as fuck, so only play it after you finish 1-3 and know for sure you want to invest into this series more.
#766  September 11, 2016, 03:01:35 am
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
I'd also like to add that there are parts of the game that ACTUALLY require hard thinking and rationality to beat so NOBODY ON EARTH would blame you for save scumming before committing to a theory just avoid using a walkthrough until you're about to pull your hair out.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#767  September 11, 2016, 04:05:31 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA

Joke's on you. Capcom made a Harvey Birdman Attorney At Law game in the same style as Phoenix Wright. It was 100x better then it had any right to be.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ-wHUFTlP4[/youtube]

As someone who adores both Ace Attorney and Harvey Birdman, this game was horseshit.  The writing sucked, the controls were busted, the game was so buggy it would frequently load in the wrong scenery and character models, and there was no challenge whatsoever. 

I remember being really hyped for that game, rushing home after I got it, beating the entire thing within an hour and half and immediately driving back to the game store to get my money back.
If you do end up playing the games I recommend you play Case 1-4 of Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney and skip case 5 and leave that until you've finished the trilogy, it was written after the trilogy and introduces DS elements AAAAND it's long as fuck, so only play it after you finish 1-3 and know for sure you want to invest into this series more.

Waitaminute... Did you just recommend that he play two full AA games before playing 1-5 to save time?  Come on dude, I know 1-5 is long but it's not longer than two complete games put together.  :P
#768  September 11, 2016, 04:15:09 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I can see exactly where Oxe's coming from. I really like 1-5, but if I was playing those games for the first time I would without hesitation save it for right before Apollo Justice. It sticks out like a sore thumb if you play it before Justice for All and the character and mechanics it introduces factor directly into the fourth game.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#769  September 11, 2016, 04:25:44 am
    • USA
As someone who adores both Ace Attorney and Harvey Birdman, this game was horseshit.  The writing sucked, the controls were busted, the game was so buggy it would frequently load in the wrong scenery and character models, and there was no challenge whatsoever. 

I remember being really hyped for that game, rushing home after I got it, beating the entire thing within an hour and half and immediately driving back to the game store to get my money back.
I'm fairly certain he meant in it being a funny playable couple of episodes of Harvey Birdman.  But yeah, it was a mess.  A fun mess, but sure ain't no Bestheda game.

Thanks for the suggestions, all.  But if I were to try, I'm fairly certain I'll just be getting the one game, whichever's the first.  Have a thing about hating starting at mid-points.
#770  September 11, 2016, 04:34:40 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Ah, but that's the thing. You could get one game and still get three games; they grouped the original trilogy together when 5 came out.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#771  September 11, 2016, 04:35:37 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
I can see exactly where Oxe's coming from. I really like 1-5, but if I was playing those games for the first time I would without hesitation save it for right before Apollo Justice. It sticks out like a sore thumb if you play it before Justice for All and the character and mechanics it introduces factor directly into the fourth game.

Yes exactly, 1-5 has a lot of themes of corruption within the justice system and how bad forging evidence is, that ties directly into AA4, not a lot that case introduces relates to anything in the trilogy, save it for the end so your experience is better and so you can play the trilogy how it was meant to be played.

Also DS mechanics for one case and never used for the rest of the trilogy, pretty odd to newcomers man.
#772  September 11, 2016, 04:46:29 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Oh, if that's what you meant then yeah, you're totally right in that respect..

The way it was worded I thought you were saying he should complete the entire original trilogy before deciding if he was willing to commit to playing 1-5. :P
#773  September 11, 2016, 05:25:34 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
Diiooooooos miiiioooo cm punk

Straight bodied never stood a chance
#774  September 11, 2016, 10:14:37 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
PSA for people who make characters and/or stages.
Stop putting spaces in your god damn .def names.
This fucks up arcade order.
Thanks.
#775  September 11, 2016, 09:32:39 pm
  • Sublimity.
    • Canada
Wow, September 11th already.
#776  September 11, 2016, 09:47:47 pm
    • USA
#777  September 11, 2016, 11:57:01 pm
#778  September 12, 2016, 12:50:53 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman

AAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
#779  September 12, 2016, 12:52:48 am
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
Pfft Oh please.

The Spider-Manga gets so much more fucked up than this that it's not even a contender for "AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH"
#780  September 12, 2016, 12:54:25 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I've only read synopses before, so this is the first time I've actually seen any actual panels. I think that's very deserving of an "aaaaaaaaa"!

Shit is creepy.