YesNoOk

Link by KingCharz, ChaosDante, EMW & MICROmor UPDATED (3/14/13) (Read 43595 times)

Started by kingcharz, February 13, 2013, 11:06:26 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Link by KingCharz, ChaosDante, EMW & MICROmor UPDATED (2/25/13)
#61  March 06, 2013, 04:08:30 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Not sure if this has been already addressed, but his palette doesn't work on a lot of his sprites. His small portrait and get-hits will have it, but everything else is just his default colours.

I always play as palette 3 (red) and have never seen such palette errors.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#62  March 06, 2013, 05:56:42 pm
Not sure if this has been already addressed, but his palette doesn't work on a lot of his sprites. His small portrait and get-hits will have it, but everything else is just his default colours.

Yeah. I've been dealing with that ever since I've started making Link. The palette assignment doesn't work well when looking at him on FF. I have FF3 on him also when it comes to his palettes so I can see them. I don't know what to do with that, but at least all the colors work on MUGEN, right?  :laugh: **nervous laugh**

Found the problem. I need to rearrange the sprites on his SFF file.
Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 06:01:58 pm by kingcharz
#63  March 07, 2013, 12:46:34 am
I fixed the palette problem. Now if you want to look at Link in FF, the palettes will work well. Not a big problem, but I'm happy it's fixed
#64  March 07, 2013, 02:09:54 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
#65  March 07, 2013, 02:50:13 am
Good to hear! I'm looking forward to the update.

Also, I made a small portrait for your Link if you'd like to use it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ltssqll6ta2zymm

It looks really good. I can't put it in the SFF file without the palettes not working if you were to swtich it out with the old on by changing the group/image numbers. I did find something that works though. I will put your small portrait and mine as PCX files in the Link folder. If you would like to use it, you can just open Link in FF and replace the 9000,0 sprite with whichever small portrait. You can replace it over and over and the palettes will still work properly.  :) I really liked what you offered so I wanted to try to have it in the char.
Re: Link by KingCharz, ChaosDante, EMW & MICROmor UPDATED (3/7/13)
#66  March 07, 2013, 07:26:51 pm
Updated Link again today. Check the first post.
#67  March 07, 2013, 09:36:03 pm
    • USA
Okay... I tested him out.

His collisions seem better. However... He still has some of the problems I mentioned... For one thing, he can do a very odd chain... cLP cLK cMK cMP cHK cHK cHK. (the lower case c means crouching)

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

What's odd though is. Marvel VS Capcom's chains don't work that way. It should be LP LK MP MK HP HK. Or if it's crouching, cLP cLK cMP cMK and either cHK, or cHP which launches the foe for further combos. Link can seem to go off order, and even repeat cHK 3 times.

Now then... The other thing... His specials make him semi invincible.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Now, I say semi, because I believe he can still be grabbed. And some characters are quick enough to punish the end lag... This however still makes NO sense. Why would he be invincible while throwing projectiles? Or using his Claw Shot? This is especially odd with the bombs if they hit the foe, guarding or not. Since if you keep a rhythm going. You'll be nearly untouchable. Since at most, you have one frame where you can be hit during this.

Moves with invincibility are typically Shoryuken type moves. And even those aren't invincible throughout the whole move. It's at the start up. The rest is highly punishable. I'd say his spin attack could have a frame of invincibility at the start.

Anyway... I'll let someone else do more complex feedback. These are just my thoughts as a semi casual Mugen player.
#68  March 07, 2013, 10:59:57 pm
Now I see what's going on with the specials. I can't remember when, but I was advised to add in NotGetHits to his specials and hypers. I can't seem to find where it was, but you do make a good point once I realized what was going on. I removed them from the specials and now I can see that there are no more green boxes showing up in the specials. I still would like to keep them in the hypers, unless you convince me otherwise.  :)

And I can't seem to find the problem with the crouching heavy kick. Looking at the CMD, it's not programmed to continue after the cHK or cHP is done. So I don't know where to go from that.

Nevermind. I fixed it. I changed the pausetime slightly higher and he doesn't combo the crouching kick.
Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 12:07:21 am by kingcharz
#69  March 08, 2013, 11:03:22 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK

#70  March 08, 2013, 11:07:35 am
    • USA
#71  March 08, 2013, 12:47:34 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK

#72  March 08, 2013, 06:46:09 pm
It is a really nice stage. Perfect depiction of nostalgia of Metroid Prime.

Fixed up sprites that were bugging me. I hate fixing stuff up right after posting an update. That together with Data Drain's findings, expect a v1.5.
#73  March 08, 2013, 07:58:45 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
I hate fixing stuff up right after posting an update.

I know that feel, bro.

Yep, the stage lags like crap on my machine; so much so, I can't even activate hypers. Such as shame, really. I'll just have to stick with ShinRyoga's.

#74  March 09, 2013, 01:21:13 am
  • Samurai Sprite Ripper
  • Currently ripping Ninja Warriors
    • Japan
    • sites.google.com/view/kanbeiscreations/home
#75  March 09, 2013, 05:12:23 am
  • "One pixel at a time..."
    • USA
    • Skype - omegabros6
    • http://mugencoder.com/authors/view/zaibatsu
A late response but I have to say this now, I love the new shading you have done for link definetly worth the download. On another note and for future warning, for the download link you might want to use Mediafire or something else because people tend to frown upon using sendspace. I was just telling you not sound like a jerk or anything.

Where you can download my old MUGEN stuff
http://mugencoder.com/authors/view/zaibatsu
Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 05:23:30 am by Zaibatsu
#76  March 09, 2013, 10:04:56 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
So when you first released this character, I played him, and I just tried his most recent update, you're comming along very well ... I love where this is going!  MUGEN needs a good Link!   :kugoi:
#77  March 10, 2013, 12:18:00 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK

#78  March 14, 2013, 12:07:05 am
A late response but I have to say this now, I love the new shading you have done for link definetly worth the download. On another note and for future warning, for the download link you might want to use Mediafire or something else because people tend to frown upon using sendspace. I was just telling you not sound like a jerk or anything.

I really like Mediafire. It's simple from the downloader's POV. But I don't have a profile and don't want to take the time to do all of that, so Sendspace looks more convenient to me.
#79  March 14, 2013, 12:51:55 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK

#80  March 14, 2013, 01:06:28 am