YesNoOk

Link (from LoZ) by KingCharz Revamped (v 2.1) (Read 21839 times)

Started by kingcharz, April 21, 2016, 10:38:46 pm
Share this topic:
Link (from LoZ) by KingCharz Revamped (v 2.1)
#1  April 21, 2016, 10:38:46 pm
Three years ago, I released Link from the Legend of Zelda series prepared by several creators (ChaosDante, HMW, and MICROmor), as well as myself. Here is the link to the old post if you're interested: Link with Hyrule Field stage. A few months ago, I was curious to see what had happened to him. I don't know why, but I was. I saw that a creator by the name of Chuchoryu drastically improved the spritework. Unfortunately, it had lots of sprite and coding issues, but I was motivated to update Link with the new spritework and get him revamped. With permission from Chuchoryu, I edited Link with his spritework to the best of my ability, added new stuff, and I've finished him (I think :D). I am very happy with how it turned out, and I feel like it's better than the previous version. Details are below, as well as the Read Me file. Thanks again to ChaosDante, HMW, MICROmor, and Chochoryu for all of their work. Sorry, I still don't know how to make a video preview  :???:. Hope you enjoy him, again.

Download

You can also check out and download Chuchoryu's Link, which has been recently updated and looks a lot better than its initial release: CvS Link

Link from the Legend of Zelda series **Updated**
By KingCharz, ChaosDante, HMW, MICROmor, and Chuchoryu

Original sprites by ChaosDante
Updated sprites by Chuchoryu
Original coding by Ermac Won/EMW
Original Link char by MICROmor

v 2.1 (4/28/16)
-Fixed arrow sprites
-Edited speed of arrows of all 3 Hero's Bow specials
-Edited arrow animation when making contact with P2
-Changed P2 anim type of Hero's Bow special from Medium to Light
-Fixed hitflags of Megaton Hammer special and Hylian Finale hyper
-Fixed attack boxes of standing light kick, crouching light kick, and jumping medium punch
-Fixed attack box of end of Triforce Slash hyper
-Edited damage dampening
-Adjusted damage for all standards, supers, and hypers

v 2.0 (4/21/16)
-Adapted spritework by Chuchoryu
-Fixed art of added sprites
-Fixed colors of added sprites
-Drew missing sprites based on new spritework
-Updated wolf Link sprites
-Color separation of sword hilt and shield plate
-Fixed spin attack effects (blue: standard, orange: magic from OOT)
-Updated palletes based on new spritework
-Added sword melting effect
-Adjusted arrow speeds on Hero's Bow
-Adjusted Hylian Finale hyper
-Minor fixes

Things I would like to fix (or to get fixed)
-Clean up sword melt effect animations
-Color separation between undershirt and leggings
-Better combo sequence
-Composed AI
Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 12:19:29 am by kingcharz
Re: Link (from LoZ) by KingCharz Revamped (v 2.0)
#2  April 22, 2016, 04:50:18 am
    • Brazil
You are finishing Chuchoryu's work? Lets see this.
#3  April 22, 2016, 10:54:58 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
I had a small practice with him and i must say, this is a really awesome character :thumbsup:
#4  April 22, 2016, 05:09:00 pm
  • I need your help...
    • Mexico
Wow you did it bro, nice!! I hope you can code my Zelda/Sheik bro

Contact me if you want a mugen stuff or if you wanna give a donation I appreciate.
: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=EMU3HTMW4MPUL
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 1307-0181-1655
Name: chuchoryu
#5  April 22, 2016, 06:21:21 pm

Well, I'm technically not finishing his work. The Link he's using is originally mine that he's editing with new sprites. His Link also has his own moves and such, but I'm not using them. I'm using his new sprites (with permission), adding them to the original animations and coding of my Link from 3 years ago, and cleaning up a bit.

I had a small practice with him and i must say, this is a really awesome character :thumbsup:

I'm very glad you like him.  :thumbsup:

Wow you did it bro, nice!! I hope you can code my Zelda/Sheik bro

Thanks, Chuchoryu. All of this happened thanks to you. I'd love to help out with the new characters, but I'm sorry. I'm the last person you would want coding anything. :mlol: I know how to edit some code, but I have no idea how to write it from scratch on a new character.
#6  April 23, 2016, 09:46:34 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I really like the Link!
I have a couple suggestions if you're interested. The Ultra whirlwind sword; You should be able to move that a bit based on which direction you're holding. I wouldnt suggest it going anywhere near as fast as walking, but you should be able to move around.
The Arrow special should stick into P2. You can do this pretty easy. Cut the sprite into two new sprites so you have 3 total. When the arrow hits P2, make State 2332 spawn an explod behind P2. The back of the arrow should be sprpriority = 5, P2 = 2, and the front = -5. It'd look like the arrow when through P2.

The megaton hammer being able to just bash people 3 times on the ground is pretty rough. Kinda funny actually.

I'd love to see an Air Bomb throw.

All in all you have a really fun character!
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#7  April 24, 2016, 09:13:42 pm
  • I need your help...
    • Mexico

Thanks, Chuchoryu. All of this happened thanks to you. I'd love to help out with the new characters, but I'm sorry. I'm the last person you would want coding anything. :mlol: I know how to edit some code, but I have no idea how to write it from scratch on a new character.

Dont worry every help you can give to my edits are wellcome, Zelda is one of the most requested characers, maybe you have the surprise in the Zelda I did and you cangive some extra codes to she, I see the Link and is very awesome bro, soon I send more sprites for him and you can add to this Link bro

Contact me if you want a mugen stuff or if you wanna give a donation I appreciate.
: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=EMU3HTMW4MPUL
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 1307-0181-1655
Name: chuchoryu
#8  April 25, 2016, 06:17:52 pm
  • BIG COCK SMALL ASSHOLE.
noice
lel.
I think the only H-Character I ever got was that Black Raiya edit and she had a super that forced the foe to suck her cock while classical music played.
#9  April 25, 2016, 08:32:32 pm
I really like the Link!
I have a couple suggestions if you're interested. The Ultra whirlwind sword; You should be able to move that a bit based on which direction you're holding. I wouldnt suggest it going anywhere near as fast as walking, but you should be able to move around.
The Arrow special should stick into P2. You can do this pretty easy. Cut the sprite into two new sprites so you have 3 total. When the arrow hits P2, make State 2332 spawn an explod behind P2. The back of the arrow should be sprpriority = 5, P2 = 2, and the front = -5. It'd look like the arrow when through P2.

The megaton hammer being able to just bash people 3 times on the ground is pretty rough. Kinda funny actually.

I'd love to see an Air Bomb throw.

All in all you have a really fun character!

Thanks for the love, Odb718. I've really found your comments helpful. I was able to tweak the Hero's bow and megaton hammer animations based on your suggestions, the arrow issue especially. Thanks again. I'll be looking for some other bugs before I release an update.

#10  April 25, 2016, 10:51:24 pm
  • ?
    • Canada
    • m_di_g@hotmail.com
Sweet, an update to this Link! I found a couple of bugs tho:
Standing Lk Misses up close, probably could use a close attack animation.
If you do Crouching Hard Kick or Megaton Hammer into the shield bash super, only the shield bash will connect and the rest of the moves will whiff which looks awkward.
#11  April 27, 2016, 01:24:17 am
Sweet, an update to this Link! I found a couple of bugs tho:
Standing Lk Misses up close, probably could use a close attack animation.
If you do Crouching Hard Kick or Megaton Hammer into the shield bash super, only the shield bash will connect and the rest of the moves will whiff which looks awkward.

Thanks PG. I tweaked hitboxes/hitflags in the coding to (hopefully) fix the 2 bugs you brought up.
#12  April 27, 2016, 02:12:27 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
-The final hit of Triforce Slash fails to connect against a cornered opponent (tested against Kung Fu Man/Training).
-The damage difference between the four Hypers is so negligible that you might as well stick to the level 1s, which I feel are overpowered anyway; Triforce Slash should do more damage, Hidden Skills is about right, while the level 1s need to be made weaker.
-On the subject of damage, the damage dampener is far too effective, quickly making poor Link do minimal damage from just a simple ground combo -> launcher -> air combo -> Super Spin Attack. You get more damage out of juggling with Megaton Hammer.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#13  April 27, 2016, 03:32:09 am
-The final hit of Triforce Slash fails to connect against a cornered opponent (tested against Kung Fu Man/Training).
-The damage difference between the four Hypers is so negligible that you might as well stick to the level 1s, which I feel are overpowered anyway; Triforce Slash should do more damage, Hidden Skills is about right, while the level 1s need to be made weaker.
-On the subject of damage, the damage dampener is far too effective, quickly making poor Link do minimal damage from just a simple ground combo -> launcher -> air combo -> Super Spin Attack. You get more damage out of juggling with Megaton Hammer.

Hey GarchompMatt, it's been a while! I'm glad to here from you. I was able to fix most of the bugs you found . Thanks so much for the help. I wanted to ask how/where I can play around with the damage dampener. After testing some other characters, I totally see what you're talking about. I don't know how I was oblivious to it before. Thanks again.
#14  April 27, 2016, 01:51:28 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
Link's damage dampener is located in state -2 just underneath the 'Misc SCtrls Section'. There are four parts to the dampener, but this is the part of interest:
Code:
[State -2, Dampener]
type=varset
trigger1=1
fvar(18)= ifelse(fvar(17)=0, 1, ifelse(fvar(17)=1, .9, .8**fvar(17)))
ignorehitpause=1
Because the damage dampener is based on hits (fvar(17)), it is activated after the first hit has been made and reduces the attack multiplier by .9 for the next hit, then .8 multiplied by itself n times (where n is the amount of hits) for any subsequent hits.

Yeah, this is effectively what's killing your combos.

#15  April 27, 2016, 06:02:12 pm
Link's damage dampener is located in state -2 just underneath the 'Misc SCtrls Section'. There are four parts to the dampener, but this is the part of interest:
Code:
[State -2, Dampener]
type=varset
trigger1=1
fvar(18)= ifelse(fvar(17)=0, 1, ifelse(fvar(17)=1, .9, .8**fvar(17)))
ignorehitpause=1
Because the damage dampener is based on hits (fvar(17)), it is activated after the first hit has been made and reduces the attack multiplier by .9 for the next hit, then .8 multiplied by itself n times (where n is the amount of hits) for any subsequent hits.

Yeah, this is effectively what's killing your combos.

Got it. Thanks.

Re: Link (from LoZ) by KingCharz Revamped (v 2.1)
#16  April 28, 2016, 12:20:07 am
Updated Link v 2.1.

Download on first post.
#17  April 30, 2016, 01:47:57 am
  • ?
    • Canada
    • m_di_g@hotmail.com
Really loving the sprite work on this Link, but I've notived something kinda off with his face during his C.Mk............

Yeah that other eye of his is kinda weird looking.
#18  April 30, 2016, 03:03:21 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
While I still remember...
-If you jump once (no air jump), land and then do a Super Jump, you can perform an air jump afterwards.
-I can't seem to trigger it consistently, but sometimes when you perform a recovery roll after getting KO'd, you'll keep rolling indefinitely.

New #19  May 02, 2016, 11:48:59 pm
Really loving the sprite work on this Link, but I've notived something kinda off with his face during his C.Mk............

Yeah that other eye of his is kinda weird looking.

I was able to fix Link's face on the crouching and jumping MK.

While I still remember...
-If you jump once (no air jump), land and then do a Super Jump, you can perform an air jump afterwards.
-I can't seem to trigger it consistently, but sometimes when you perform a recovery roll after getting KO'd, you'll keep rolling indefinitely.

However, I'm not sure how to fix his recovery roll. I do see that Link is able to recover from a lot of different attacks, and I've seen him do an infinite roll when he's been KO'd. I've looked at the recovery roll code, but can't see what the problem is compared to other character coding. I've also been able to recreate the super double jump bug, but can't figure out why it's so specific to after a single jump and land. Doesn't seem as bad as the infinite roll, though. If you can help me out with the coding, it would be much appreciated.

**Update: This morning while I was driving, I think I may have thought of something that can deal with the roll recovery issue. I'll get to it ASAP and see if it works.
Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 05:40:00 pm by kingcharz