YesNoOk

Joey S. (Self-Insert) VERSION 2 Released! (Read 62119 times)

Started by Joey S., July 26, 2022, 04:28:55 am
Share this topic:
Re: Joey S. (Self-Insert) VERSION 2 Released!
#21  July 27, 2022, 04:29:52 am
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
  • The Scavenging Time and Space God
    • USA
Oh Joey. Trying to hide your personal thoughts in the code of your character, huh? Talk about being unaware of the consequences.
#22  July 27, 2022, 04:33:32 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
That's not an invite for the peanut gallery either.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#23  July 27, 2022, 05:56:46 am
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
I just leave for some months and all of the sudden, this becomes a miniature version of the Old Twitter... poorly tasted jokes from the author... if you can "call them", that.
#24  July 27, 2022, 06:54:30 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
  • "I want to see and understand the world outside."
    • Philippines
This ain't even funny at all bro... I cannot say anything other than just the word "No".

Honestly, I wouldn't care about situations but THIS. I don't know what has gotten into you into putting your feelings deep inside the code of your own character but you gotta be more mature than that. This is just plain unacceptable..
#25  July 27, 2022, 07:38:12 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
This was funnier than it should've been. Hiding cryptic messages in a character's codes like that was a first for me.
But in all seriousness, you should've used a better "joke" (if you could call it one) than the topic of pedophilia. I myself am not always politically correct, but some subjects are touchier than others (no pun intended).
#26  July 27, 2022, 12:07:21 pm
  • the strongest motherfucker on the planet
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org

• Another cheevo that insults trans authors with an austin powers reference
Code:
[State 0, ParentVarAdd] ; OK GO!
type = ParentVarAdd
triggerall = (( (parent,var(32) % ( ( 10**(6-1) ) *10) ) - (parent,var(32) % ( 10**(6-1) ) ) ) / 10**(6-1)) = 0
triggerall = !var(1)
trigger1 = enemy,name = "ISAB" || enemy,name = "ISAK" || enemy,name = "ISAX" ; "Isabella" (Battle Craze)
trigger1 = enemy,authorname = "BCTeam"
trigger2 = enemy,name = "Shion"
trigger3 = enemy,name = "Bridget" || enemy,name = "bridget"
trigger4 = enemy,name = "Testament" || enemy,name = "testament" ; Fuck you AND your shitty Strive redesign.
trigger5 = enemy,name = "Teddie"
trigger6 = enemy,name = "Astolfo"
trigger7 = enemy,authorname = "One Winged Angel / MelvanaInChains + The_None" || enemy,authorname = "MelvanaInChains"
trigger8 = enemy,name = "Sketchy"
trigger9 = enemy,authorname = "McDucky Potatoes"
v = 32
value = 100000

what irks me on a personal scale about this is the fact that he went out of his way to publicly insult a full game project that I'm a dev for. it's really upsetting considering we've been working on it for over 2 years (and is nearing completion), only to see someone make bigoted jabs towards it over trans people working on the game and said project having trans characters in the roster.

if you're going to mock our project in a transphobic manner, do it in your own space.
Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 12:15:34 pm by Meldo Wiseau
#27  July 27, 2022, 01:48:26 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
what irks me on a personal scale about this is the fact that he went out of his way to publicly insult a full game project that I'm a dev for. it's really upsetting considering we've been working on it for over 2 years (and is nearing completion), only to see someone make bigoted jabs towards it over trans people working on the game and said project having trans characters in the roster.

if you're going to mock our project in a transphobic manner, do it in your own space.

I mean, the kid is 19. He doesn't know any better.

I doubt he takes this backlash seriously though. At his age, kids (yes, they're still "KIDS" in my book) laugh at the tackiest jokes and still call each other retards and Xaggots.
#28  July 27, 2022, 02:23:54 pm
    • Brazil
I don't think age is an issue at all in this case. 19 isn't an age in which you can get away with acting like an immature edgy teenager, you should have a decent amount of maturity by this point and understand why those things are harmful. Nah, this guy is just bigoted, there is no other explanation.
#29  July 27, 2022, 02:26:40 pm
  • "Who?"
    • USA
Also, several have come forward and clarified they're real anyway, not sure why you're getting so defensive if you're absolutely sure they're fake.
Well maybe people don't take kindly to issues that have already been dealt with all of a sudden being retreaded for no justifiable reason?

"No justifiable reason" is when someone's past behavior and present behavior both happen to point to a pattern of saying and doing shitty things, apparently.

I mean, the kid is 19. He doesn't know any better.

I doubt he takes this backlash seriously though. At his age, kids (yes, they're still "KIDS" in my book) laugh at the tackiest jokes and still call each other retards and Xaggots.

You know, usually when people act like shitheads because "they don't know better," they get taught to stop, and "kids will be kids" starts to fall out of favor as an excuse when you do shit like updating a whole character just to be a shitty person to people you don't talk to. He clearly took his feelings about these people seriously, maybe he'll take the backlash seriously too.

He's 19, not 12, and either way, being young ain't an excuse for being a piece of shit. Full stop.
"No, seriously, who?"
#30  July 27, 2022, 02:55:32 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
a 19 year ols is old enough to be tried as an adult, and is legally an adult everywhere, being in the prime age to be shipped out to die in wars. Kindly stop trying to infantile full grown ass men that make their whole thing on the internet being transphobic and abusive towards others.
This was their choice, to go out there and insult melvana and everyone else they did, and you know he was gleefully laughing all along it until he got found out and suddenly it wasnt "fun anymore". like last time that people leaked chatlogs of their channel where they were being racist for kicks.

A 13 year old would be too old to be doing this shit, this is in the end a failure on his parents to correct this behaviour and allowing him to grow this way. After he turned into an adult the damage was done and im sure they would have something to say about this, but its out of their hands.
#31  July 27, 2022, 03:40:19 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
Look, I'm not justifying his behavior or his actions but what I am saying is that a 19 year old is not as socially aware as let's say a 39 year old or even a 29 year old. Just because 19 is considered to be a legal "adult" doesn't mean they necessarily act like one. If you need further proof, just look at most college kids in 2022.

What he did isn't anything illegal nor morally "wrong". It's his opinion. Bigoted? Yes. Hateful? Yes. Immature? Yes, but still an opinion nonetheless. Instead of expressing your personal disgust towards his remarks, I think it'll be better for us to tell him about the consequences of saying these things in today's society, cuz like I said:
He doesn't know any better.
#32  July 27, 2022, 03:42:41 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
you are acting as if hes a child that doesnt know better him, he knows the consequences, its only fun for him due to them.

this is a hobbie space and he decided his time on it was better spent harassing people within his hobbie work, those are the consequences he wanted.
#33  July 27, 2022, 03:48:24 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
He was banned accordingly by Speedpreacher, he's receiving tons of backlash from the members. I think he'll get the point.
this is a hobbie space and he decided his time on it was better spent harassing people within his hobbie work, those are the consequences he wanted.
And like I said, the kid was dumb enough to make a stupid remark on a public forum with mostly adults around. It doesn't matter if the place was about a hobby, dumb immature kids are going to blurt out stupid shit from time to time. Only life experience is going to change that and make them learn.

and you make it seem like most 19 year olds are mature, but trust me, most of them are just legal teenagers. They only start maturing when they actually graduate from uni and get a job with a decent pay.
#34  July 27, 2022, 04:18:03 pm
  • I'm trapped in my own personal hell.
  • I'm going to kill myself.
    • USA
Kolossoni, he didn't post that stuff on the forum. It was in the character. He knows better enough to not spout that transphobic shit on this thread. Did you not notice that all he did was post this release thread and nothing else? Stop saying he doesn't know better. He does know better; he probably knew all of this was gonna happen too. At the very least he should know better. There's no excuse for ignorance like this.
#35  July 27, 2022, 04:38:44 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Kolossoni, he didn't post that stuff on the forum. It was in the character. He knows better enough to not spout that transphobic shit on this thread. Did you not notice that all he did was post this release thread and nothing else? Stop saying he doesn't know better. He does know better; he probably knew all of this was gonna happen too. At the very least he should know better. There's no excuse for ignorance like this.

My opinion.
#36  July 27, 2022, 04:44:01 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
I meant "posting on the forum" as in he posted here to promote his character on the forum.

Also, him hating on a certain group doesn't mean he didn't know the consequences. I'm aware that he knew. He knew what he put in his codes were going to be met with controversy. But guess what, childish people are going to provoke regardless of what others say. They get a kick out of doing smth that's socially unjustified simply to look like a "rebel".

I don't understand why people are getting so offended by this. A dumb 19 year old made some tasteless "joke" hating on a group for no particular reason? Wow, I've never seen that one before. Welcome to the internet people. Grow some thick skin.
#37  July 27, 2022, 04:48:39 pm
  • "Who?"
    • USA
I meant "posting on the forum" as in he posted here to promote his character on the forum.

Also, him hating on a certain group doesn't mean he didn't know the consequences. I'm aware that he knew. He knew what he put in his codes were going to be met with controversy. But guess what, childish people are going to provoke regardless of what others say. They get a kick out of doing smth that's socially unjustified simply to look like a "rebel".

I don't understand why people are getting so offended by this. A dumb 19 year old made some tasteless "joke" hating on a group for no particular reason? Wow, I've never seen that one before. Welcome to the internet people. Grow some thick skin.

I don't get why you're actively defending this just because he's 19 and "doesn't know better" when that's obviously not the case. And at this point most people aren't getting offended by this, but we *are* getting annoyed by your dumbass takes. Pick a better hill to die on, or have the decency to die. This is a warning.
"No, seriously, who?"
#38  July 27, 2022, 04:49:53 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
I don't think I was "defending" him, ever. What makes you think I'm "defending" him?

I agree he was right to be reprimanded, but I just don't give him as much credit as ya'll do, thinking he's some evil mastermind or smth.
To me, he's just a shithead 19 year old who was ignorant enough to make a poor decision to blurt out a baseless, stupid opinion he held.

Same conclusion, different logic. And frankly, my logic keeps my mental health more steady on the internet.
Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 04:56:46 pm by Kolossoni
#39  July 27, 2022, 04:54:45 pm
  • "Who?"
    • USA
I don't think I was "defending" him, ever. What makes you think I'm "defending" him?

Oh, I don't know. Maybe that you keep saying over and over that "he doesn't know any better" and "it's his opinion" and "grow a thicker skin." Don't play fuckin' dumb with me. Or are you also 19 and "don't know any better"?
"No, seriously, who?"
#40  July 27, 2022, 04:57:12 pm
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org

Not hard to reread your own message kolossoni. There's a difference between a thick skin and having programed triggers to insult authors because of their persona or gender. You're dying on a hill that you don't want to die on also

Comments within characters that are posted to MFG are treated the same as if you straight out said them on the forum.