YesNoOk

FeLo's Horror Circus (Read 1138519 times)

Started by FeLo_Llop, March 22, 2009, 11:40:10 am

DW

Re: FeLo's Horror Circus
#801  October 18, 2013, 06:13:53 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
That does work better imo. I admire your passion for boob jiggle animation, FeLo, but I don't think it really works well, that way, in this resolution.
And like I said before, I don't think they could even be bouncing around that much in her swimsuit thing, it's too tight to allow jiggling! That's the whole point of that outfit :P!
I would make her pupil a darker shade though, it's a bit hard to see with that light shade.

You do know in SF2 and SF4, Cammy's breasts move during her stance right? Since this is based off her Delta Red outfit, it's not out of place. It does look a bit overly animated though. With the above preview sprite that is. Maybe a more rhythmic, slightly slower "groove" to them will make it flow better.

As much as I love seeing your Cammy come to life, Felo, I have to admit that I'm not a fan of her face. It's not very feminine and doesn't look like a young teenager. I hope that I'm not stepping out of bounds by posting this, but I think that Zero's(?) edit of one of your earlier sprites was spot on.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

The sprite done by MotorRoach has a pretty nice face as well. The leg shading and boob bounce are also improved. The extra frame of animation definitely helped the smoothness of the animation, but I still think that the knee and thigh movement of the her right leg (artist's pov) is off.

Cammy's not a teenager... Though I do agree with the facial comments. That edit there by Zero is it(?), has her face looking very nice. MotorRoach's edit has her looking nice as well. It'd probably be easier to go with MotorRoach's edit, since it's closer to what Felo_Llop has already done. The Zero edited face looks the best though imo. Still, she's  coming along very nicely. Good job Felo.
#802  October 18, 2013, 06:22:22 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
The breast movement in the original animation was way too over the top; the revised one in MotorRoach's is much better.
#803  October 18, 2013, 06:54:24 pm
Cammy's not a teenager...
Thanks! Well, Cammy now is not exactly a teenager.

Well the Alpha storyline had her at the same age as Sakura so at this point I wouldn't give her a day over 20 at her oldest.

...Cammy is a military-mercenary-assassin, she could not have a kawaii face, OK, neither a MK-bitch's face, manly as Hell. So if you don't mind, using yours and mine, Ill try to arrive to a middle stage between them :). (PS: Also she's a "clone" of Dictator, so her face couldn't be THAT femenine...D: )
...her "career" as military "strengths" facial factions, but I agree with you that the face I did is pretty "manly". Also, I'll see Motoroach's sprite with closer detail :).

Yeah, but for the most been portrayed as a petite, young, wide-eyed, cute girl that has a cold stare when it's time for business, but also isn't afraid to smile or give a thumbs up to the camera. If you go strictly by the games that she's appeared in she's always been this way so that's why your version of her face feels off to me.

At the same time, I totally understand where you're coming from given her background so I'm cool with whatever style face you decide to give her.
#804  October 18, 2013, 06:55:32 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
"Cammy's not a teenager..."

She is 19 in Street Fighter II
#805  October 18, 2013, 07:39:41 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
You do realize that their Cammy is based on her Street Fighter IV incarnation, right?
#806  October 18, 2013, 07:41:28 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
which happens six months after sf2 so what' your point uche, that she might have turned 20 ?

also about her face, she is supossed to be pretty, even claws himself feels bad about scarring her face and that is why he gave the cammy clone ( december?) a mask so it would not happen again.
#807  October 18, 2013, 09:17:21 pm
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
    • hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/

Did an edit of the face... ended up adding an eye color after looking at Maki's sprite. Also edited front the arm and made little adjustments to the legs.
Spriting is hard.
#808  October 18, 2013, 09:32:07 pm
  • SNK is life
By Felo's standards, that ^ would be a "Kawaii face"
Well, I told FeLo before that I would try to help him with his Cammy animation, so here it is:

[...] The only thing that i don't like so muhch is the face. I mean, Cammy is a military-mercenary-assassin, she could not have a kawaii face, OK, neither a MK-bitch's face, manly as Hell. So if you don't mind, using yours and mine, Ill try to arrive to a middle stage between them

Interestingly enough, the middle ground between Felo's man-face Cammy and Diepod's Kawaii-face Cammy, is exactly MotorRoach's Serious Female face Cammy.

... and Felo doesn't like that either x_x
#809  October 18, 2013, 10:30:38 pm
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
    • hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/
Well outside of jacking Mature's face idk how to help felo. Best of luck.
Spriting is hard.
#810  October 19, 2013, 12:33:45 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
OK people! please make what Ana Botella says:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYSg9CW8IXg

RELAXING cup of café con leche. If you can't go to Madrid's Plaza Mayor, there's no problem.

- Koopakoot&Walt: You are right, my mistake.

- UGW: Ok, I did that overdone...so it may have a resprite as soon as i can.

- Drex: Yes, I know that in the videogames her eyes are portrayed in that "area", but I mostly based in her SF2Movie and SF4 movies. Aside that, I can fix and put her opener eyes to make the whole face a bit younger :). Also, about her age, I read again SF Plot Guide and you're right, she's as much 20.

- Maximilianjelus, GBK: Going with the SF4 short film(Viper's revealing mission, not "the ties that bind"), it seems SF4 happens 1 year after SF2. But it's Capcom and their timelines. ALso, it doesn't goes against drex neither with my comment: Cammy's BD is January, 6th. Goig with SF2's stages, it seems it happens between spring-summer(hypothethical), so she would be 19 during SF2 and 20 in SF4, even if it happens 6 months later...and if it happens in August.

- Diepod: thanks, man!! I like both motoroach and yours version, so i can make an intermediate step of both faces, that wouldn't be a problem at all :).

Thanks for your replies!! Have a nice day!!

(Unfortunately I haven't sprited today so I can't  show nothing new D: )
I swear there was something cool here!!
#811  October 19, 2013, 12:38:35 am
    • USA
I think I know how to please everybody...

#812  October 19, 2013, 05:13:23 pm
  • SEIYAA!
    • Sweden
    • artbyjiggeh.tumblr.com
Hrm. Not really a fan of that Cammy stance animation to be honest. The old boob jiggle animation may have had a few issues, and I can agree that it is a poor fit with the animated stance - but I don't think the jiggle is too animated; if anything the stance is too stiff.

Even with the knees bending the upper body hardly has any movement, and rather than a springy bounce, she just seems to kind of slide back and forth at a mostly even pace. Her stance could do well with being a bit more lively in general, and get some secondary motion in there too! Have her shoulders/upper body be affected by the way she shifts her weight on her feet, and delay the movement of the arms by a frame or two to make the arms swaying look more natural (also affected by the body bouncing), and less like a robot. Basically, the farther removed something is from the force that initiates the movement (in this case, the lower body), the more delayed its movement will be. Exaggerate the effect too much and your character will look floppy and goofy, but do it just enough and you will get a much more organic-looking and interesting result.

Here's a few pics I found after a quick googling that may help illustrate my point:
http://www.cis.cornell.edu/courses/cis300/2006sp/Game%20Labs/Art%20Lab%203/images/Scan0002.jpg
http://www.cis.cornell.edu/courses/cis300/2006sp/Game%20Labs/Art%20Lab%203/images/Scan0004.jpg

I also managed to dig up this... an animation I made some, I dunno, 8 years ago? It definitely has a lot of issues! I would certainly not say it is better made than your animation, but perhaps it can provide a fresh perspective on how to tackle some aspects. I thought I would share it just as a curiosity if nothing else.
#813  October 20, 2013, 07:02:53 pm
    • USA
    • thesilverstar1@gmail.com
Hrm. Not really a fan of that Cammy stance animation to be honest. The old boob jiggle animation may have had a few issues, and I can agree that it is a poor fit with the animated stance - but I don't think the jiggle is too animated; if anything the stance is too stiff.

Even with the knees bending the upper body hardly has any movement, and rather than a springy bounce, she just seems to kind of slide back and forth at a mostly even pace. Her stance could do well with being a bit more lively in general, and get some secondary motion in there too! Have her shoulders/upper body be affected by the way she shifts her weight on her feet, and delay the movement of the arms by a frame or two to make the arms swaying look more natural (also affected by the body bouncing), and less like a robot. Basically, the farther removed something is from the force that initiates the movement (in this case, the lower body), the more delayed its movement will be. Exaggerate the effect too much and your character will look floppy and goofy, but do it just enough and you will get a much more organic-looking and interesting result.

Here's a few pics I found after a quick googling that may help illustrate my point:
http://www.cis.cornell.edu/courses/cis300/2006sp/Game%20Labs/Art%20Lab%203/images/Scan0002.jpg
http://www.cis.cornell.edu/courses/cis300/2006sp/Game%20Labs/Art%20Lab%203/images/Scan0004.jpg

I also managed to dig up this... an animation I made some, I dunno, 8 years ago? It definitely has a lot of issues! I would certainly not say it is better made than your animation, but perhaps it can provide a fresh perspective on how to tackle some aspects. I thought I would share it just as a curiosity if nothing else.

Maybe that one is better. Jigsaw made that one if I am not mistaken.

If you want to know, I think this is simply a remake of her SF Alpha stance too.
#814  October 20, 2013, 07:39:24 pm
You're talking to Jigsaw. You quoted Jigsaw.

Hover your cursor over the names to see the usernames to know.
#815  October 21, 2013, 09:23:42 am
OK, so I think I found the inter-mediate step. Not doing 2 pixel blue eyes. Just make them 1 pixel and the second could be a skin tone, so it adds deepness to the seek, and also gives the "kawaii but cool" look :).

Now, something "different". She's Lana Lei, the final/sub-final boss from Nina: Death by Degrees. As usual, I screwed the face. She must look a bit psychotic, but mine is nowhere near that facial expression D:.

Have a nice day!!

SNT

#816  October 21, 2013, 09:40:53 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
For what it's worth, I like the taller beefier Cammy Felo's made.  If it's supposed to be SF2/SF4 Cammy, she doesn't need to look like the teen waif she was in Alpha.
#817  October 21, 2013, 09:48:51 am
LOL Felo, it is like the 24th time you animate a stance for Cammy isn't it? (I would use Jigsaw's :P)

Tried the face:

#818  October 21, 2013, 10:50:54 am
LOL Felo, it is like the 24th time you animate a stance for Cammy isn't it? (I would use Jigsaw's :P)

Tried the face:

Those eyes gave me creeps @_@!!!

her design is like this:

Which changes A LOT n the game. In this CGi she's kinda "cool", but it's still SO different to her in game appearance @_@

PS: Sorry for hyperlinking image. I didn't want to save-tinypic-upload D:
#819  October 21, 2013, 04:01:10 pm
  • SNK is life
#820  October 21, 2013, 05:33:10 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
ahaha.wav