YesNoOk

King of Fighters E blog (Read 1261072 times)

Started by swipergod, November 14, 2007, 02:53:22 am
Share this topic:
Re: Mugen: King of Fighters Edition (A Little Mugen Project)
#201  May 16, 2008, 07:25:00 pm
  • The world is what you make of it
    • https://mugenkofe.wixsite.com/info
Man, did I ever get a good laugh over this one.  Ash is probably the most "gorgeous" of them all.  If the team names don't work, I can always change them.  Well, here's my reasoning, but I'm not married to them.

Kasumi: I'm not sure, but I thought her grudge against Kyokugen was over.  In '99 she bows to the Kyokugen fighters out of respect in their intro pose.  Plus, in XI, she seems more interested in finding her father than getting even with Kyokugen.

Rock: My MotW memory is fuzzy, but didn't Rock agree to go with Kain at the end and ditch Terry?  I took that to mean it was the first step towards Rock following in Geese's footsteps.

Chris: Chris = Orochi.  The only time you'll see Chris in my game is the 3 seconds before he turns into Orochi.  Chris isn't a playable character.

Angel: What is Angel without K'9999?  Just another former Nests member.  Angel is dirty, but I didn't think she was pure evil.  I dunno, maybe K'9999 ditched her and K' and the gang decided to give her a second chance.  Piccolo used to be obsessed with killing Goku, but who really remembers that?  Though I'm not really opposed to switching Angel with Vanessa.

Ash: I could rename it "Shady Team"?  I was shocked when Iori and Kyo turned up on the same team in XI?  I mean, didn't Iori have a blood hatred for Kyo?  And yet SNK themselves made Kyo and Iori team up after years of purposely keeping them separate.  Ash is another main character somehow liked to Orchi and the mystic flames that Kyo and Iori use.  I thought it made sense to stick him with the others to fight against Orochi.  Teams don't have to be without animosity.  Plus, who really knows Ash's motives at this point anyway? 

Boobs contest:  Mai won, Earthquake came in a close second, Angel was disqualified for getting too rowdy, Hotaru was too embarrased and ran away, King claimed she was a man and wouldn't take off her shirt, Yuri smacked Robert for peeking, Mary was too busy dissing Terry for not putting her on his team again, Shiki was ignored, and Ash and Benimaru tied for last place, dispite their protests.
New KOFE website is up.  Go visit it for all your KOFE needs:

https://mugenkofe.wixsite.com/info
#202  May 16, 2008, 07:28:17 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
It's only K9999 or K49 for short, not K'9999 ;)

Yeah, Angel was not a psycho like K49 was, and wouldn't want to continue her mission since now NESTS is gone and K49 would rather kill K' and Kula for the..err.."fun" of it/whatever kind of grudge he has.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 07:33:34 pm by K.O.D
#203  May 16, 2008, 07:48:16 pm
kyo and iori are rivals, that can be ok if they teamed up for a short time...but team up with a whore that seeks their power and they know it?
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane
#204  May 16, 2008, 08:02:24 pm
  • Candy Princess
    • www.youtube.com/user/LaMissFa1ry
Rock: My MotW memory is fuzzy, but didn't Rock agree to go with Kain at the end and ditch Terry?  I took that to mean it was the first step towards Rock following in Geese's footsteps.

Ash: I could rename it "Shady Team"?  I was shocked when Iori and Kyo turned up on the same team in XI?  I mean, didn't Iori have a blood hatred for Kyo?  And yet SNK themselves made Kyo and Iori team up after years of purposely keeping them separate.  Ash is another main character somehow liked to Orchi and the mystic flames that Kyo and Iori use.  I thought it made sense to stick him with the others to fight against Orochi.  Teams don't have to be without animosity.  Plus, who really knows Ash's motives at this point anyway? 
Rock being part of "Howard Legacy" Seems really strange to me, too. Rock hates Geese (and geese never cared about him) whereas Billy worships Geese. So them teaming up is sort of impossible to believe going by KOF storyline.

SNK never decided what they wanted with Kyo and Iori. In some games they were portrayed as rivals but not exactly enemies, either. In some Iori disliked Kyo and wanting to defeat him. And in others Iori had a scathing hatred for Kyo and flat out wanted to murder him. So them being on a team isn't too difficult to believe.
Ash on the other hand is pretty impossible, too. Ash stole Iori's power, he also stole Chizuru's power. And presumably in XII he's going to try to/take Kyo's power. So Ash being on a team with them is really weird.

You could always make Ash a single entry, anyway. Since he never care a damn about his teams anyway and just used them.
#205  May 16, 2008, 08:09:07 pm
My MotW memory is fuzzy, but didn't Rock agree to go with Kain at the end and ditch Terry?  I took that to mean it was the first step towards Rock following in Geese's footsteps.
Exactly, except Kain wanted to ruin Geese's legacy and take the city for himself. Also rock did it for his mother, not for the looting and ruling ; but Billy won't team up with Kain, so Billy and Rock won't team up either because rock still doesn't like Geese while Billy worships him.

Iori and Kyo have some constant rivalry. At first, Iori wanted to kill Kyo, until KoF 97 happened. Iori still has a grudge against Kyo, but that's just exactly the same as Goku and Vegeta, the "I'm the one who will kill you, nobody else can" rivalry.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 08:13:17 pm by Baiken
#206  May 17, 2008, 12:25:40 am
Well it seems like Ash and Rock's placings are currently unforgivable.  So after some musical chairs, we arrive at this:

KOFE Teams:

Hero Team:                                     Neo Cartel:
Kyo, Iori, Benimaru, Angel                     K', Kula, Maxima, Vanessa

Fatal Fury:                                      Justice Soldiers:
Terry, Andy, Joe, Mai                         Athena, Kim, Kensou, Rock

Art of Fighting:                                Ikari Warriors:
Ryo, Robert, Yuri, Kasumi                   Leona, Ralf, Clark, Whip

Gorgeous Fighters:                          Desciples of Orochi:
King, Mary, Hotaru, Jenet                 Yashiro, Shermie, Vice, Mature

Villains Team:
Ash, Gato, Billy, Yamazaki

You take villains team '03 and add Ash, who appears to be a villain himself and that = team.  To fill the gap in the Hero's team you put Angel in his place and let them deal with her reform.  You take Vanessa as [E] mentioned and toss her into the Cartel and finally you take Rock (who feels more at home with at least one other Fatal Fury character and can't join the women's team) and have him boot Hotaru out of the justice team to the women's team.  Work better?

#207  May 17, 2008, 04:29:53 am
  • I'm a llama!
Well it seems like Ash and Rock's placings are currently unforgivable.  So after some musical chairs, we arrive at this:

KOFE Teams:

Hero Team:                                     Neo Cartel:
Kyo, Iori, Benimaru, Angel                     K', Kula, Maxima, Vanessa

Fatal Fury:                                      Justice Soldiers:
Terry, Andy, Joe, Mai                         Athena, Kim, Kensou, Rock

Art of Fighting:                                Ikari Warriors:
Ryo, Robert, Yuri, Kasumi                   Leona, Ralf, Clark, Whip

Gorgeous Fighters:                          Desciples of Orochi:
King, Mary, Hotaru, Jenet                 Yashiro, Shermie, Vice, Mature

Villains Team:
Ash, Gato, Billy, Yamazaki

You take villains team '03 and add Ash, who appears to be a villain himself and that = team.  To fill the gap in the Hero's team you put Angel in his place and let them deal with her reform.  You take Vanessa as [E] mentioned and toss her into the Cartel and finally you take Rock (who feels more at home with at least one other Fatal Fury character and can't join the women's team) and have him boot Hotaru out of the justice team to the women's team.  Work better?

See, at this point I think it's time to concede that you can't make sensical teams out of this roster. Angel on the Hero team? Rock a justice fighter? Rock, the guy who willingly decided to join Kain R.? (by the way, Rock is all about his mothers lineage, not his fathers')

Kasumi on the AOF team isn't too far off. According to the KOF 66 drama CD where she gets drunk and hits on Ryo as well as her v ery obivous antics of such at the end of Art of Fighting 3, it's obvious that it's just one of those anime-japan-weirdness inspired "hatreds." Note she doesn't even mention it in XI.

Just the existence of the Orochi characters is a contradiction. Wy are they back? And if they're back, will Yashiro and Shermie be in their Orochi forms? The only reason they weren't in 97 is because they didn't even know they were Orochi. Now that they're with V&M, shouldn't they be aware of their whatevertheheck and just plain be in Orochi mode? You notice  that Vice and Mature don't "un Orochi" themselves.....

KOF has always produced some pretty contrived fanmade teams. Nature of the beast, I guess. It's easy to take characters who lack strong, solid motivations and relationships and throw them together. I always thought KOF was great because they USUALLY avoided weirdness (at least the old SNK did).

MY suggestion would be to consider teams of 3 and embrace single entries. Characters with strong ties should be kept together. Those who don't you kind of have room to play with.

Again, i'd just look at single entries for some because it's obvious your roster wasn't carved out of the story stone 9which is a good thing. I'll take diversity and gameplay over a story based roster).
#208  May 17, 2008, 06:46:15 pm
I'd like to try and stay away from single entries for programming reasons.  It'll make the character select screen I have now look like an absolute mess.  Plus I've already got 7 characters who aren't even on the visible screen (bosses).  It'll just become confusing.  If the teams don't get over I can change the screen in a later release. 

Okay, swap Vanessa with Angel.  Vanessa and Iori have teamed up before anyway.  As for the controversial Team Justice, look at it from the Naruto perspective and compare it to Team Gai.

Gai = Kim, the crazy hyper motivator full of burning passion for justice (instead of youth)

Tenten = Athena.  Although Athena is way more relevant to the story.  Athena is all about Justice too.

Rock Lee = Kensou.  I mean, if you don't consider the clothes or fighting style, Kensou kinda looks like a mini Kim.  Plus he also seems a little off his rocker like Kim (thanking dead people that are alive???)

Neji = Rock, the outsider who just doesn't seem to fit in initially, but can slowly bond with them over time.  Plus Rock's a prodigy of sorts like Neji.

If you look, all of the Disciples of Orochi are dead.  There are actually only 8 "real" teams.  The 9th (Orochi team) is more of a bonus team of sorts.

You can also screw the story and just think of it as a dream match.  I mean Shingo and Eiji on the same team doesn't really make sense does it (KOF 98 UM).  Just an "Edit" team.

News: Joe's at 60%.  Still on schedule for a completion late this evening.

#209  May 18, 2008, 08:06:11 am
It's late, I'm pooped and Joe's finished.  Will post video tomorrow.

Also, I'll be releasing my very own stage tomorrow too.  It's Hon Fu's FF3 stage (sunset version) and unlike my other work, it's pretty much all mine.  It doesn't animate like Sela's version with the moving lift, but I've animated the water and tried to give an accurate delta value for all the layers, so it's still pretty nice.  To my knowledge there hasn't been a version of this stage made yet (which is why I made it).  It'll be used as Vanessa's stage in the KOFE game.  Anyway, I'll post the link when I put it up. 

And finally, missfairy got bumped up to contributor today.  I is so proud of hers. :D  For us lowly users, that's great stuff.  Go team!  :sugoi:

#210  May 18, 2008, 09:18:59 pm
Joe is up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQiPTBwF2Mk

You can see my screenpack in the video.  Like I said before, nothing special, but at least it's something.  Joe's also the first character to completely use the fightfx from the pack.  I'd say the trial was a success.  A note on Joe's DMs.  The Golden Tiger Kick is mainly your anti air weapon and is good for close up damage as I've limited it's range.  It *should* also eat small fireballs.  Haven't been able to test that yet.  The punch barrage is usually what you want to hit standing opponents with because the damage is more reliable (with the majority occuring at the end of the combo unlike the GTK).  You can also see on the multi punch follow ups that I've give Joe that shin kick.  This must be blocked low, unlike the overhead elbow follow up which must be blocked high.  Good for mind games I figure.  Also Golden Heel does 3 hits to large characters or airborne opponents.

Also, my first stage (and first original work) is up.  You can find it here:  http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=80269.0

I've been looking everywhere for this stage as it's my favorite from FF3.  Sela made one, but I preferred the sunset version, plus I wasn't a big fan of the moving lift (although it's a nice animation).  I like the gritty look of the warehouses, so I made the stage stationary and added the water to the background to give it a more harbor feel.  I hope you all like it.

#211  May 19, 2008, 07:51:06 am
  • what a shame
    • Iran
The Golden Tiger Kick isn't supposed to cancel projectiles.
#212  May 19, 2008, 11:01:24 am
I am aware, but I'm try to diversify 2 DMs that relatively do the same thing (attack while traveling straight forward) by diversifying the situations in which you would use them.  The projectile cancelling is limited only to about 6 frames or so.  So basically, once the nothitby SCA wears off, he's still invincible to projectiles (non-DM ones mind you) for a few more frames.  Makes things a little more interesting in a fight I think especially against projectile loving characters like Geese.

When I conceived Joe, I was pretty worried that there'd be no point in having the 2 DMs when Golden Tiger is so much more useful, so I've tried changing it up.  Shortened its range, removed its ability to be comboed into, made it more of a defensive weapon, as opposed to the rush.  The projectile negation is a part of that.  Plus it kinda makes sense considering his whole body in momentarily covered in energy.

#213  May 19, 2008, 09:53:50 pm
  • Candy Princess
    • www.youtube.com/user/LaMissFa1ry
The Golden Tiger Kick isn't supposed to cancel projectiles.
I think one good thing to remember is these characters aren't supposed to be like an official game. (The game itself isn't, either)

So technically nothing is "supposed" To be anything. Unless it was something so over the top, I guess? Like Iori with a flight mode.
#214  May 19, 2008, 10:28:49 pm
I try to keep things as loyal to the actual moves as I can, but the main rules are variety, simplicity and balance.  However, to restrict myself, I try to make it fit within the confines of what that character is.  So I wouldn't give Blue Mary a fireball because that doesn't seem to be what that character is about, so to speak.

Anyway, I'm going to be posting an all AI tournament with my characters on youtube throughout the week to generate some interest for the game and mugenhistory.com before the release.  Missfairy is still working on some AIs, so I only have the preliminary AIs for Joe, Ryo and Angel, but this is just for fun, so they don't have to be in top form.  I won't be posting match links, but you can check my profile here for updates if you're interested in watching:

http://www.youtube.com/user/swipergod

I do this now, cause I'm gonna have limited access to the internet for a little while starting this weekend.

#215  May 20, 2008, 06:30:47 am
I will be delaying the release of the updated beta by about a week so that I can universalize the hitsparks, add a code to all throw states that should hopefully negate the weird problem of reverse velocities when you grab someone who isn't facing you.  It's in trial right now.  Plus, I'll be correcting the collision differences in guard and dodge states that K.O.D suggested.  Figure I should get everything up to speed now, so I can address new issues should they arise.

#216  May 22, 2008, 02:52:28 am
I like this mugen!:)
but I can not download KOFE.rar,it says“Your download has failed. There were no available download servers."What's wrong?help me please
#217  May 22, 2008, 07:43:56 am
Filefront gives you a 5 second warning before deleting your files.  I'm at work, I get the e-mail.  I get home, poof, file's gone.  Here's the deal.  I'll be releasing the newer updated beta versions of all characters, plus the screenpack and 4 new characters in about a week.  I no longer see a point in reposting on filefront.  I will edit the release post to point everyone to: www.mugenhistory.com where the new file will be available shortly and suggest that the mods lock that topic.  I'm glad you're interested in this beta superyuzqy, so I hope you can wait just a bit longer for the better version to be posted.

Once again, the quick version:  Wait 1 week, www.mugenhistory.com, games, KOFE.

I apologize for the inconvenience and filefront's dirty tactics.

#218  May 23, 2008, 03:25:23 am
Thank you!:)
Wait for the new release,come on man :D
#219  May 26, 2008, 02:03:23 am
Lucky, I've retained my access to the internet somewhat.  KOFE has jumped a few steps beyond where it was during the first release.  I'm still waiting on missfairy for the final date (she's coding Angel's AI at the moment), but it'll be this week for sure. Since I won't be releasing an updated log in my pdf, I'll just note some of the changes here:

-Now comes with copy of Mugen complete with a KOFE screenpack
-4 New characters (Angel, Chizuru, Joe, Ryo)
-Universalized hitsparks, guardsparks and grabsparks.
-Fixed most normal throw glitches for all characters
-Added burn sparks to all fire moves (so getting burned isn't just a palfx)
-Fixed a few missing collisions and states for some characters.
-As per Shion's request fixed Takuma's Hao Sho Koken sprites and animated Kasumi's DM grab execution to more accurately mimic XI.
-As per K.O.D's request, I've made all dodge state collisions a single default one (will do same for guards in next release)
-As per Baiken's request, I've added a state 5200 to all characters to shut up the debugger.
-Hopefully fixed K's sunglasses helper glitch (it hasn't occured in testing)
-Added new sprites and animations for new special intros (like King and Ryo for example)
-Will be adding modified stages that all scroll in the same manner to give the game a more universal feel.

There's a bit more I think, but there's a big difference between this release and the last one and I think you get the picture.  As for the release itself, it'll be on the assumed basis of download and play.  No editing required.  This mean, despite how much I'll be hated, I will be adding all the music in addition to the stages screenpacks and characters.  There's no point in releasing solely characters anymore because they require the screenpack to work properly.  I apologize in advance.  Future releases will be much smaller.

*Special note.  When UM comes out and sprites become available, I will be changing Kasumi's f,d,df +k attack to the anti air slash (a la Ryuuhaku) that she has in that game.  Means I'll be modifying the sprites.  I find Kasumi's balance slightly off and feel this change will help tone her down a notch.

#220  May 26, 2008, 08:28:17 am
I Think you should keep the Music a seperate download.  The stages and characters are fine, but music isn't necessary to actually play the game, and would add a large amount to the file size.  Plus I would imagine alot of us already have most of the KOF OST's already.  You can still write the filenames for the music in the stage.def's but just include the music folder as a seperate download concurrent with the SP/Char/Stages download.