YesNoOk

Re: Zorf Giudecca & Eiji Shirow Sprite WIP (Read 62249 times)

Started by NiO ErZeBeTh, March 09, 2015, 05:27:08 am
Share this topic:
Re: Zorf Giudecca Sprite WIP
#41  June 18, 2015, 06:01:54 am
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
I'm working on him right now, trying to get the gethits done, I want to make mostly original sprites, trying not to use noticeable bases, I loved Lucy Fernandez not for the character itself, because the work made there... so I would like to do something like that

Run animation, Crouching and Walk (back and forward) will be animated like the standing animation, that's why I have multiple sprites there, I used to have a really ugly run before xD

about the punch I was testing how the new sprites and sketches look in game and I think that move needs one or 2 more frames, and now that you point it out, it's true, I need to rotate her knees and legs to make it work D:

thanks for the feedback

Zorf Giudecca
#42  June 19, 2015, 05:21:39 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
not really much updated, but as always putting this here so people can download him and play-sprite around if wanted or submit fixes or new things

so, I added a few gethits (that surely should be fixed in the future), an idea from a crouching kick, back dash idea added, air kick edited again and I don't remember if I added something more...

remember you can help me with this character, I'm not a bad spriter but I'm not a great one either so I need help xD

https://www.sendspace.com/file/1cdc97

Zorf Giudecca
Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 05:26:55 am by NiO KuSaNaGi
Re: Zorf Giudecca & Eiji Shirow Sprite WIP
#43  July 01, 2015, 11:18:12 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Hi agan, I was posting this on the CS thread but I think this is more than a color separation and I will do more than just CS the character

So here we go, I already CS nearly all what I wanted, I don't think I'm going to add more separation but who knows, maybe I will do it again once I finish fixing his sprites...

Here is a comparision of old Eiji Shirow (with my old sff patch) and the newer one...

I started and finish the headswap and now I'm fixing the first and second row, and I will do the same for every sprite here not changing sizes or poses until I've cropped all the sprites edited...

But now I have a question inside of me... Should I call him Eiji Shirow or should I try to make it another character?
The first time I did my sprite fixes Rikard was happy about it, he was pretty friendly and a nice guy, but that was some years ago, and the sprite edits weren't that heavy, and I'm doing this because some years ago I wanted to do a full game with @[Hagen]: and another spriters... just 2 of them did the original characters we wanted to include, one of them was Eiji as a guest character... I downloaded Hagen and read the readme (duh) about it, and I kinda feel bad and sad about it because I have been lazy and not organized and I want to contribute to the idea of at least a demo of our old idea "Chaos Theory"

So... thinking about it again... should I call him something like Eiji Clone? Eiji Shirow? or Another name? (it reminds me Walker, one of my OC)

Zorf Giudecca
#44  July 01, 2015, 05:54:18 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
What we could do is remove all the K' bases, since we already have two characters basing their sprite sets on him.
Could you send me the sff so I can see what's left after removing the K' bases?
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#45  July 01, 2015, 06:15:19 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
I agree in here. The design itself looks pretty good, but the obvious K' poses kind of ruin it. If you're able to make him have a bit more of his own charisma and personality within his poses, I assure you that it'll make the character much more interesting.

Shit
#46  July 01, 2015, 09:07:11 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
those are the ones I don't really like because they look more obvious than other bases, wait for the .sff tonight, I can send yout the newer spritesheet if you want too
            Zorf Giudecca
#47  July 01, 2015, 09:23:13 pm
  • Lazy spriter
    • Bolivia
The newer set would be a better choice.
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#48  July 02, 2015, 05:33:45 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
ok, here is it... the spritesheet as it's now, putting it here for everyone so if someone wants to add new sprites or fix a few things it's welcome

https://www.sendspace.com/file/dsqj9x
            Zorf Giudecca
#49  July 02, 2015, 04:48:50 pm
  • Lazy spriter
    • Bolivia
There are some Ramon, Terry, Krizalid, K9999 and even Vanessa there, but it is still mostly K'.
I am still iffy on keeping Khriz for his K' notorious bases, so, if you are willing to change almost 70% of this character, I don't think it would make it.
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#50  July 02, 2015, 05:38:34 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I don't mean to intrude with a dumb question, but is this for a possible fullgame project between you two (Thedge and NiO)? Also, I agree with Thedge about your character, if 70% of him is K' based, you're better off dropping him in favor of someone with more flare and originality.
This is a generic forum signature.
#51  July 02, 2015, 06:03:38 pm
  • Lazy spriter
    • Bolivia
It is a long lost project from the Spriter's Academy days, Jess, Hagen, Zorf and other charas was being sprited for it, We're still trying to get whatever's left of it and build something out of it.
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#52  July 02, 2015, 07:18:02 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
It is a long lost project from the Spriter's Academy days, Jess, Hagen, Zorf and other charas was being sprited for it, We're still trying to get whatever's left of it and build something out of it.

Sounds rough. Good luck guys, I'd like to see where this goes. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
#53  July 02, 2015, 09:11:16 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
There are some Ramon, Terry, Krizalid, K9999 and even Vanessa there, but it is still mostly K'.
I am still iffy on keeping Khriz for his K' notorious bases, so, if you are willing to change almost 70% of this character, I don't think it would make it.

I'm going to be fixing every sprite in the spritesheet as I'm doing it now (first row so far), once I finish that, I will crop them, add to the character and start another sprite edit on them, mostly like you said, to avoid obvious bases and to change in a major scale, like entire arms, size and even if possible complete animations

hope it's not 70% what I need to change, once I do what I think would be enough to give him quality and originality I will post it here and you will be the judge, I want a new standing animation, I need to redo the running animation, I want to change the K' bases (even before you ask for it) and keep him in the same size, one thing I hated about the character was his transition of a muscular and tall body like Krizalid to a small and slim body like Vanessa xD
            Zorf Giudecca
#54  July 03, 2015, 07:34:41 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Good job Nio!

Also, I always loved what you did with Eiji back in time... :)
#55  July 04, 2015, 03:34:16 pm
  • There is a demente in everyone!
    • www.dementi.it
Go with the original name, I think Rikard will not mind. Did you try to contact him?

#56  July 04, 2015, 06:52:23 pm
You can call him "Another Shirow", rick isn't the type to care for this. Btw, i know 'cause i know him from a bit of time. We're Italians and we talked alot in the past on bdimension forum and on the now rip msn messenger :P
About contact him, i already tried some times but i think his mail address isn't active anymore. Never got replies in all those years. Heck, Aiduzzi talked to me more (another Italian)
I also appreciated your patch for Eiji (about above: being on mugen already an eiji shikaragi, and later an eiji shirow, better to take only the shirow part, to avoid confusion). I'm often at work so i always try to follow this topic when possible. It's nice to see your Zorf again, and now it's more intriguing :D

I wish you all a great month  (mugen and not) ;)
#57  July 05, 2015, 01:41:34 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
I used to chat with him via msn too, but I don't think we can find him anymore, surely he got a new email...

I edited a few sprites yesterday, going to change his stance and walk for sure, and thinking about changing a few animations but I want to finish the spritesheet first so in that way I think it will be easier to modify sprites and animations, I already see some sprites duplicate so I won time with those
            Zorf Giudecca
#58  August 02, 2015, 05:36:48 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
It has been harder than I tought but... progress is looking pretty cool no matter it has been slow...

I was kinda happy I received a PM by Rikard himself interested in this thing, so I hope he likes it and also he can join me to finish this guy because it's not that easy, it needs maby many fixes here and there

Anyways, just for that I think this need a little update and here is it... just to show you a few samples of old and new stuff

Also, I did a new stance today and wasn't really sure where I saw that pose before until I remembered Nameless looks kinda similar x(

showing you how the color edit separation would work (but I forgot to change some colors)

Don't pay attention to the shoes so far... also, would be a good idea to upload the spritesheet so if anyone wants to contribute with little fixes or changes can do it? like a mini-comunity project, because I can't use my Pc so often like before
            Zorf Giudecca
Re: Re: Zorf Giudecca & Eiji Shirow Sprite WIP
#59  August 02, 2015, 06:07:39 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
also, would be a good idea to upload the spritesheet so if anyone wants to contribute with little fixes or changes can do it? like a mini-comunity project, because I can't use my Pc so often like before

Not the best at SNK style, but I'd like to contribute even if a tiny bit, so I'd say go ahead and upload it. but that's up to you.

Also, I don't mean to sound snarky here but would it be alright if you post a small excerpt of your game's story? I'd like to know more about what the game will revolve around. Course you don't have to though. ^_^
#60  August 02, 2015, 06:33:50 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
The new update is great!
I hope you'll release it as a patch of edit character.

You both are great creators!