YesNoOk

KarmaCharmeleon's WIP thread: Akira (Read 621649 times)

Started by KarmaCharmeleon, April 21, 2019, 02:40:00 am
Share this topic:
Re: KarmaCharmeleon's WIP thread: Yun
#141  August 23, 2020, 05:29:52 pm
That Juri pal is mad.
Re: KarmaCharmeleon's WIP thread: Yun
#142  September 29, 2020, 06:50:13 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
Now that both Yun and Yang are released I can start thinking about what's coming up next. Progress will be slow because of work but I think it's okay to start discussing. First of all, I would like to address that Genjuro update is on the works, and it's gonna be released with Haohmaru made by me. Both characters will have Bust/Rasetsu Mode and be accurate. I got Vans ArtMoney table for Tenka to work on CE so things will be even cleaner than before (tho no character will be based off that horrible game). I'm also way better at coding than I was so yeah. This being said, I ask you guys to hold back from asking questions about Genjuro/Haohmaru because I would like the thread to take another direction.

This was briefly said on Yang's release thread but I would like to interact with the community a little bit as a way to thank you people for all the support you gave me thru the releases, with sprites, palettes, assistance on coding, feedback, and good vibes in general. As a one time thing, the idea is to let the community decide which character I should code next, but instead of opening up a poll that kills the interaction, I would like to generate a debate.

The idea is to post in here what character you would like for me to code and explain why. Of course, I will not code a character I don't want to code, nor I'll code a character that doesn't have the necessary resources (sprites) to be made properly. In this sense, I would like to narrow down the possibilities by limiting your decision to 6 games: CvS2, CFJ, Vampire Savior 2, Samurai Shodown V Special, King of Fighters XI, and Neo Geo Battle Coliseum. I will decline some propositions in advance: Todoh, Donovan and Chang (this last one because I'm not sure there's enough sprites to give him all he needs back), and will decline more if I simple I don't feel the characters appeals to me. I would also like the arguments to be more than just "because X character hasnt been converted <properly>" or "because X characters need justice to be made". I think that way of thinking feeds a collection mindset that I simply don't agree with. I would like you guys to propose characters that you actually play on source and will play on MUGEN. Just like I made my characters for me to play, I'll make this one for you guys to play :P

Last thing: I will not be making the character ASAP, it will be started after finishing my round of updates.

So yeah that's it. Let's debate, I hope you people like the idea.
Re: KarmaCharmeleon's WIP thread: Updates and more?
#143  September 29, 2020, 07:24:54 pm
    • USA
    • https://jthesaltyy.wixsite.com/jthesaltyymugen
I have 2 requests I can put up for debate. One, I would want CvS2 Sagat. Though he has a ton of versions, seeing a source accurate pots Sagat would be pretty cool, considering his dominance in CvS2, and he’s my favorite fighting game character ever so that’s just a personal bias from me. On the other hand, I would also like to see Kyo, because you have Iori, and they’d make a pretty good duo. Especially since there isn’t too many pots Kyo’s out there, I would like to see your take on a CvS2 Kyo, and maybe add in a few KOF stuff from him if you want. That’s just my opinion though, I’m not even spitting facts, except for Sagat being the goat of CvS2.
#144  September 29, 2020, 07:26:38 pm
  • R.I.P Mugen 1999-202X
    • USA
    • mugen.wikia.com/User:Jenngra505
I suggest either Dhalsim or Zangief as they're characters from the genre-defining Street Fighter 2 who appeared in CVS2 that are a little more obscure than the likes of Ryu and Chun-Li.
Hopefully someday I'll be able to make the little puffball on my profile pic.
(Sprite edited from Scrollboss' sprite)
#145  September 29, 2020, 07:39:50 pm
  • Indeed
I understand your feeling, but at the same time, I kinda don't. I understand you have feelings of gratitude towards a community that helped you grow as a creator (a feeling I share, as you of all people probably know), but I see what you made so far as, in itself, a "thank you gift". What you received from the community returned to the community in the form of high quality characters.

As for your request... You said it yourself to me, a while ago.

for good character coding you need to understand the character you want to make first. Prep yourself by playing a lot of source before jumping into coding. Even tho I didn't main some of the characters I coded (Terry, Yun) I played them across the games for about a week so I could get a grasp of what were their strengths and weaknesses. I honestly like to think that understanding the characters its what sets myself apart of some of the other clones.

So I wouldn't really like to request a character you're unfamiliar with, or to put you in a position where you're stuck making a character you don't really "feel" just because we asked for it. So I have a counter-question: which characters, of the games you mentioned, are on top of your "I'd-like-to-make-it" list?

I'll put here my own personal requests, just because. I'd like a good version of Orochi (if Mizuchi from NGBC counts as Orochi) for two simple, egoistic reasons: 1) I like him and 2) I want him as the final boss for my own mugen. That's it, that's my reason. Alternatively, Gai Tendo.

Oh, and I support JtheSaltyy's suggestion of a new Sagat.

#146  September 29, 2020, 07:50:31 pm
    • France
    • saga.3@hotmail.fr
First of all, I really appreciate your work ; now, thanks to you, I love yun and yang (it wasn't the case cause I didn't like the twins ;)). I suggest, dictator, I appreciated the froz version but he hasn't a correct dataframe and the clns are bad. However, I 'm completely agree with jthesaltyy for Sagat, could be cool.
#147  September 29, 2020, 07:51:58 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil

I consider Geese is a good option, because you maked a Terry, why not Geese too?

The only Geese we have is the old POTS version, or no?

Other char is good option (for me) is Adelheid. Don't have a POTS version of him, the son of Rugal.

PS: Dhalsim have the Knuckles version and Sagat have the BahamianKing version and Divine's version too (I like all).
#148  September 29, 2020, 07:55:55 pm
Rugal/God Rugal

Pros
CSed sprites and you are also used to the system already on how to rip from CVS2 with ease.
Very fun to play.
Badass

Why Rugal ?
This will also give you a challenge of converting/ balancing a Boss char for normal play, while you can keep the AI version of him insane.
Hes very very fun and also one of the reasons why we played so much arcade back in the day.
It was a joy to see who we would get be it akuma, rugal, god rugal etc

Vega (Claw)

Pros
CSed sprites and you are also used to the system already on how to rip from CVS2 with ease.
Fun to play and strong af.

Cons
Coding Claw would be a mess if you want to keep all of his gimmicks intact.
What I would do is just split him into two versions Masked and unmasked.
Cause it will require custom coding in other chars wich lets be fair here very few people would add that in.

Why Claw ?
Claw is awesome !
He's insane in CVS2 and is a joy to play, granted im shit with him but still he's one of the best chars in the game.
I feel you have the skill to bring him over with all of that intact.

Gief

Pros same as above.

Cons
Lots of grabs to code which are annoying.

Why Gief ?
While slow and clunky, when you smash someone's head in the floor its very fun.
He also has that cool intro with Raiden and Eagle :P
You can go ham on him even implementing that meca gief if you want to ( annoying to code)
=====================================================
=====================================================
We have talked about darkstalkers and Samsho and Kof so I wont be listing those here.
Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 07:59:29 pm by PeXXeR
#149  September 29, 2020, 07:58:45 pm
    • Brazil
The four characters I'm gonna suggest are from Darkstalkers (Vampire Savior 2):

• Hsien-Ko - POTS' version feels like a custom Darkstalkers version, instead of the custom CvS he usually does, and we have yet to see a decent one in that style.
  • Rikuo - I only know one version of him that is good (Misao's) and the poor guy never got a custom CvS version, hell, he barely gets anything, really, I'd love to see some love for the fish man.
  • Huitzil - This suggestion is kinda random, but I really love the character, specially after Cecil started following him in VS2.
  • Shadow - Okay, look, hear me out. I know it's kinda cheating to include him, because he isn't a full character (for those who don't know, Shadow starts as a random character and posseses the one you defeat for the next fight), BUT, I have an idea for him: the idea is to make him a shapeshifter, like Double in Skullgirls, he would transform into other characters for all his actions, copying normals, but using their powers in completely different specials and supers to make for a different playstyle. I know this is totally out of nowhere, but it would definitely be something different.
Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 01:40:20 am by Macaulyn97

lui

#150  September 29, 2020, 08:33:46 pm
    • USA
Shion from Kof Xi would be my suggestion

He's insanely versatile with two full stances, an incredibly diverse and fun moveset (especially for a SNK Boss) and is a relatively niche pick, so it could provide some variety to your portfolio of characters.

Has fantastic animations to mess around with and ideally it would teach you a few new things code-wise.

#151  September 29, 2020, 08:51:58 pm
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
My recommendation would be asura from NGBC. An underated character much like shion that is never even looked upon as an idea. also i think i still have his CS on my PC i will need to check though. The CS was done by 2Dee4ever i believe.
Penguinz0 said:
"Oh its all happening! Everything that's ever existed is happening at once!"
#152  September 29, 2020, 09:05:49 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
The idea is to post in here what character you would like for me to code and explain why. Of course, I will not code a character I don't want to code, nor I'll code a character that doesn't have the necessary resources (sprites) to be made properly. In this sense, I would like to narrow down the possibilities by limiting your decision to 6 games: CvS2, CFJ, Vampire Savior 2, Samurai Shodown V Special, King of Fighters XI, and Neo Geo Battle Coliseum. I will decline some propositions in advance: Todoh, Donovan and Chang (this last one because I'm not sure there's enough sprites to give him all he needs back),

Actually, i remember seeing this one solo Chang by Falcon Rapper which used CVS style sprites by...
I want to say Dampir, but i'm not entirely sure.
But i remember the sprite sheet having most, if not all of his KOF attacks.

Dampir & FR also did Choi if you want to take a look at that sprite sheet, as well,
in case you would like to do him solo or has him as a striker for Chang like in CVS2.
I think Choi has most, if not all of his KOF attacks, too.

Now in terms of what character i could recommend you could do next...
...Nothing really springs to mind for me, honestly. I'll have to give it some thought.
#153  September 29, 2020, 09:52:43 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Zangief would be amazing. He is a super fun character to play and is known to bring some of the hypest moment in fighting game. Not sure how much sprite work would be needed but it would also be pretty cool to incorporate some of his stuff from SFV. His sprite have also already be color separated. The big thing with zangief is that he kind of has 2 differents Sprite set you could use. His CFJ one or his CVS2 one.
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-

MCX

#154  September 29, 2020, 10:30:48 pm
  • Time won't wait for me
    • https://naudamaceno.carbonmade.com/
Hanzo from Samsho

Pros - Would be nice to see another take on a Samsho char in this style. He's really fun to play and has a lot of tricks, also ninjas are cool
Cons - Didn't have a CS, also I think his affects aren't HR

Mr Karate
Pros - Csed sprites, badass, a tons of moves, can borrow moves from Takuma and other Kyokujin fighters. He can have 2 modes. Would be awesome to see your take on a boss character.

Leona

She's awesome, has 2 sprite sheets that you can use, both CSed, it's on your avatar, I don't know what else to say
#155  September 30, 2020, 01:01:41 am
  • M.U.G.E.N 4 LIFE!
    • USA
    • suliofthenerdvaid@gmail.com
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwd0KXNN1f_sVI80PHAnWdA
Moriya Minakata from Last Blade/Neo Geo Battle Coliseum - I don't think I've see anybody convert this character in POTS style (except 2dee4ever but that was for his full game). His style and character design are dope asf too, I think you might have fun converting him.

Sie Kensou from King of Fighters XI - The Psycho team gotta be complete and I feel like you'll be able to do it, I mean Dampir has already made a CVS palette so seeing him in POTS would be amazing. The thing is he as A LOT of special moves so that might be a pain but i know you'll pull it off.
(I couldn't find a video lol)

I wish u luck my guy
Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 02:29:53 am by SuliOfTheNerdVaid Suli
#156  September 30, 2020, 01:13:45 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil

Moriya Minakata from Last Blade/Neo Geo Battle Coliseum - I don't think I've see anybody convert this character in POTS style (expect 2dee4ever but that was for his full game). His style and character design are dope asf too, I think you might have fun converting him.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwN9tMKAqvA[/youtube]

Sie Kensou from King of Fighters XI - The Psycho team gotta be complete and I feel like you'll be able to do it, I mean Dampir has already made a CVS palette so seeing him in POTS would be amazing. The thing is he as A LOT of special moves so that might be a pain but i know you'll pull it off.
(I couldn't find a video lol)

I wish u luck my guy

I liked of your options man, good.
#157  September 30, 2020, 01:20:55 am
  • MUGEN MEMES
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#158  September 30, 2020, 01:52:02 am
    • USA
Id like to make a couple suggestions.

1. Adelheid Bernstein
He is extremely fast, and quite powerful, though he isn't as strong as his father. His move all use the same effect from Rugal, and since his effects are already hi-res, you can use them for Adelheid too. Chuchoryu also did CvS Sprites of Adelheid, though im not sure how good they are.

2. Lucky Glauber
I feel Lucky would bring a lot to the table, especially since his attacks can cover quite a bit of range. He also has his spin kick move, and a fast dash that acts similar to Athena's Teleport. It would also complete the American Sports team in POTS style since Heavy D and Brian Battler have already been done in the style. Only problem like Adelheid might be a lack of a CS.

3. Kaede from Last Blade.
Kaede is awesome. He is similar to a mix of Haohmaru and Genjuro, but with a little bit of a speed boost. He is quite fast, and in the right hands can pull some devastating combos. I believe a CS has been already made for him, but i'm not sure. He only has 2 supers in the whole game, but I've seen people give him some custom supers, so you could take inspiration from them. Whichever sprite set you want to use, he would be a cool pic. If you want to use the Last Blade sprites, you could even do a mode swap between his Seirann and Seiryuu forms.

That's all really. Whatever you want to do, I won't judge
#159  September 30, 2020, 02:00:40 am
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
^Lucky is out of the table, he's not part of the four games I limited the choice. The other two are cool choices :)

I like how the thread is going. It seems like there's two sides of the argument; either a classic Super Turbo character (Zangief and Dhalsim seem to be on many people's wish list) or an underrated character outside of CvS2 (Shion, Gai, Moriya, Asura, Hanzo, Rikuo, etc).

I get both sides, but I think it would be better for the underrated side to reach a consensus on which character would you want to have.

On a side note, if you people end up settling on a VS2 character, it would be on the same gameplay that Jmorphman's Demitri has.

O a second side note, Ziltoid asked for a "top of your "I'd-like-to-make-it" list". The characters I'd like to make are gonna be made either way, but let's say there's a "I'm interested on this but not enough to code it by my own initiative" list. It's extensive and there's no particular order but let's see:

Spoiler: Capcom vs SNK 2 (click to see content)
Spoiler: Capcom Fightning Jam (click to see content)
Spoiler: Vampire Savior 2 (click to see content)
Spoiler: Samurai Shodown V Special (click to see content)
Spoiler: King of Fighters XI (click to see content)
Spoiler: NGBC (click to see content)

Does this mean that characters outside this list are not fair game? Nah. If you guys really want Yunfei or Gedo from SSVSP I would be up to. Others I'm already planing on converting, like Sasquatch.
#160  September 30, 2020, 02:08:42 am
    • Brazil
On a side note, if you people end up settling on a VS2 character, it would be on the same gameplay that Jmorphman's Demitri has.
I urge you to not do that. I'm not trying to tell you what to do, but it feels like such a waste. You see, one of the cool things about how you made Genjuro and Rose is that neither of them were well made in this specific style yet. Jmorphman's Demitri is too close to the original Darkstalkers, which is something we already had before, and most, if not all Darkstalkers characters already have good conversions of the original gameplay. It would be so much better if you made them in your custom CvS style, because the Darkstalkers characters suggested here and the ones you showed interest in making don't have any good version with that style. Again, this is, ultimately, only my opinion, and I don't want to feel invasive, but please, try to reconsider.