YesNoOk

DC Comics Universe (maybe discussion?) (Read 403886 times)

Started by Edtion, June 05, 2011, 10:00:42 am
Share this topic:
Re: DC Comics Universe (maybe discussion?)
#101  June 12, 2011, 04:42:57 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I think this guy either :-\

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#102  June 13, 2011, 01:40:07 am
That's about as gay as nightwings old costume. Alot of the 80's Teen titans need a new costume.
Power girl survives 2 reboots then dies. That's not fare.

I hate your avatar  and sig.
#103  June 13, 2011, 01:59:27 am
    • Edtion.TK
Lol  ;D
#104  June 13, 2011, 02:03:47 am
Even though her book isn't one of the 52 I do hope Power Girl still "exists." I can not stand Super Girl and the description of her new ongoing isn't changing my mind.
#105  June 13, 2011, 04:11:26 am
    • Edtion.TK
Yeah, so I just got through watching Green Lantern: Emerald Knights. It's something that happens before Sinestro attacked but after Hal Jordan got the ring in GL:First Flight. I'm confused about something though.
In GL:EK Hal and everyone else seemed like they'd been there for years, and were explaining things to a female with elf ears and she was also being trained by Hal. In GL:FF right after Hal got the ring and was on his first assignment with Sinestro, after Hal caught the alien guy, that same girl was with some lanterns that went to see what happened. So either she was actually never there in FF or she spent a long time doing literally nothing  o_O. (a long time being however long it took for Hal to learn as much about the lantern core and it's history and relevance as any other lantern around, plus however long she was a lantern before then)
#106  June 17, 2011, 04:24:16 am
    • Edtion.TK
I'm wondering, all the villains in the DC universe that keeps going on killing sprees. What's up with them? I mean they start off maybe breaking a few people's bones and maybe kill 1-7 people, they go to jail for a sentence of maybe 20+yrs to life or get sent to Arkham; ok.
They break out and kill maybe 20 people, rob a few banks and injure a lot of other people. Do they get the same sentence as before?

They break out AGAIN and do some MORE. Did they get the death sentence yet >_<?

Okay now, to my understanding, all civilized communities in the DC(and maybe Marvel) universe(s) have jails and mass/murders, but no death sentences or wanted dead or alive bounties, correct? (this is excluding the anti(/ish)-heroes like Punisher/Deadpool and Red Hood/Jonnah Hex and else/alternate worlds)

Because Superboy-Prime killed some Teen Titans by accident and then a lot of Green Lanterns on purpose, and the Joker always go on a killing-spree, but the only punishment for Prime was being locked in a red sun cell, and the Lanterns watching and hoping that he doesn't escape, when they could easily kill him since he doesn't have any powers, and the Joker just gets a severe beating by Batman then sent to Arkham where they pointlessly try for years to make him 'sane'. There is no hope for either of them joining the side of good, but they're left alive, and when they both break out, they do some more killing -_-.

I understand that DC doesn't kill them off because they can bring some more entertaining stories later, but still, why doesn't the residents of the DC Universe do something about this >_<.
#107  June 17, 2011, 10:43:10 pm
    • Chile
Consider that Green Lanterns are like the police of the universe. And the police do not just kill bad people, just capture them to get in jail. But, there're some cases where they used death as last judgment:
-To avoid more Green Lanterns deaths, Ganthet and the other Guardians authorized lethal force to Green Lanterns, that's mean they after that can kill if necessary, and that's the only way they could win the war against Sinestro Corps
-During Rage of the Red Lanterns (part of Final Crisis tie-ins), Sinestro were close to be executed by GLC (but it was freed by Sinestro Corps and Red Lanterns)
-Various villains were executed during GLC's Emeralt Eclipse saga (prologue to Blackest Night event) by Alpha Lanterns for direct order from Guardians of the Universe, after Ganthet and Sayd were exiled from that group. Kyle Rayner and Guy Gardner were opposed to this, but they were redirected to other place

But apart of those cases, in general GLC don't kill villains, just they make justice as real policies do

And about Infinite Crisis, I found this page that clear a lot of doubts: http://sites.google.com/site/theannotatedinfinitecrisis/

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#108  June 18, 2011, 12:53:41 am
    • Edtion.TK
Wouldn't it be easier and efficient to say the Green Lanterns don't kill unless they are in battle and the guardian authorize it?

Besides, why they didn't kill superboy-prime isn't really important. I'm more concerned about those many villains that kill, get arrested, then constantly break out. Superboy only got out once and he died after that.
#109  June 18, 2011, 12:13:47 pm
This is why I love Flash villains. They are far from the typical psychopatch supervillains.

Actually the first rule of the Rogues' Gallery is "never kill a speedster".
#110  June 19, 2011, 01:36:03 am
    • Chile
That's right, the Rogues have their own honor code and consider themselves as a brotherhood. I remind about the miniseries The Flash: Fastest Man Alive (a.k.a. Bart Allen as Flash), where they finally defeated Flash, but discovered that really was a child and when they know about Inertia's real plans, they got revenge in Final Crisis' Rogues Revenge

#111  June 21, 2011, 04:27:45 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Okay.  I'm not that big of a DC fan.  Other than Batman, I never really got into any of their franchises.  But I just saw some of the redesigns that they're going to be doing when they do their big re-launch thing and I have to ask:  What the FUCK did they do to Harley Quinn?!  She looks like a motherfucking juggalo!  What the hell were they thinking?  >:(

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#112  June 21, 2011, 04:41:52 pm
    • Chile
Well, about that... I've a (girl) friend who's a big fan of Harley Quinn, even she cosplay her in many times. When she saw this costume for Reboot, said something like "she looks like a whore!!" and dislikes everything about this Reboot Harley. I may say I couldn't say it better ;P

#113  June 23, 2011, 07:06:09 am
is that a fucking cape?

HQ can dress anyway she wants because she's supposed to be wrong.
#114  June 26, 2011, 11:14:41 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
#115  June 26, 2011, 11:58:22 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Modern day clowns look like heroin addicted skanks?
#116  June 26, 2011, 11:59:45 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
.....I actually like that better than her classic design :X
#117  June 27, 2011, 12:06:22 am
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
I like it. Not as much as the classic design but it fits her.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#118  June 27, 2011, 12:13:19 am
I don't like the pose though. I'm glad she is still caring a hammer.
#119  June 27, 2011, 12:25:44 am
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Yes i bet she really cares about that hammer.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#120  June 27, 2011, 12:46:45 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Okay, gonna go a little fanboy here, but:

1)  That new look doesn't fit her at all.  The entire point of her real classic costume was that she was supposed to look like a harlequin.  Because she's Harley Quinn.  That's the whole premise of her identity.  You can't just put a hooker in juggalo makeup and say it's Harley Quinn.
2)  The fact that they replaced her comical clown hammer with an actual sledgehammer is missing the point so badly I don't even know where to begin.

Most of the re-designs I could live with, but they've completely ruined my Harley.  >:(

*storms off to re-read Mad Love